HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Congrats Preds, you kicked the crap out of us

Old
02-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Rapid eye movemenT
san.W.o.se sharks

vCash: 500
Congrats Preds, you kicked the crap out of us

Well well well, it wasn't a complete suprise to see how well the Preds played last night. And it wasn't a suprise to see my Sharks bring their F game. I really expect to see you guys in the SCF, for sure.

I know what some of you may be thinking - how the hell does SJ have the record and success they do when they come out and play like that? Well the answer to that has been discussed on our boards for several weeks now and there really isn't a definate answer. Some games we come out and play like pro's, and some games we play like peewee's. Last night was the latter. Inconsistant team - its what we are. We have a crap load of talent, but can't get it together. Our D is young, and the Vet(s) we do have on the blue line (Hannan) are nothing to brag about.

Congrats on an awsome win. You should be proud. Unless we get our crap together really quick the only hope of championships for me will be on my beer league team.

Rapid eye movemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_i_movemenT View Post
Well well well, it wasn't a complete suprise to see how well the Preds played last night. And it wasn't a suprise to see my Sharks bring their F game. I really expect to see you guys in the SCF, for sure.

I know what some of you may be thinking - how the hell does SJ have the record and success they do when they come out and play like that? Well the answer to that has been discussed on our boards for several weeks now and there really isn't a definate answer. Some games we come out and play like pro's, and some games we play like peewee's. Last night was the latter. Inconsistant team - its what we are. We have a crap load of talent, but can't get it together. Our D is young, and the Vet(s) we do have on the blue line (Hannan) are nothing to brag about.

Congrats on an awsome win. You should be proud. Unless we get our crap together really quick the only hope of championships for me will be on my beer league team.
You're talking to the same team that, the game before, rolled over and took a spanking from the Kings. It happens to all of us. You wouldn't have the record you do if you weren't a good team.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:

It also doesn't help that the Sharks got into Nashville at 3 AM after being held up at the St Louis airport due to inclimate weather ... something we won't likely see in April/May

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Rapid eye movemenT
san.W.o.se sharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
It also doesn't help that the Sharks got into Nashville at 3 AM after being held up at the St Louis airport due to inclimate weather ... something we won't likely see in April/May
really? I didn't even hear about that. And yeah I know the Kings gave you guys a run. Either way, if you guys make it to the SCF I'll be rooting for you. I like the game your team plays.

I also think its funny that Grier is probably going to be getting the "boo" treatment everytime he's in Nashville for a while. I can't blame the fans, but you can't blame Grier for sticking up for our Captain.

Rapid eye movemenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
really? I didn't even hear about that. And yeah I know the Kings gave you guys a run. Either way, if you guys make it to the SCF I'll be rooting for you. I like the game your team plays.

I also think its funny that Grier is probably going to be getting the "boo" treatment everytime he's in Nashville for a while. I can't blame the fans, but you can't blame Grier for sticking up for our Captain.
that's what our most reliable Post Game analyst said last night ... "Free" Willy Daunic had to say ... so I wouldn't be too angry ... I mean sure it was a 5-0 blitzkrieg, but you've got to consider back to back and a very early morning hotel reservation

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Goalie_Gal

Quote:
Inconsistant team - its what we are. We have a crap load of talent, but can't get it together. Our D is young, and the Vet(s) we do have on the blue line (Hannan) are nothing to brag about.
Whoa, for a minute there I thought you were talking about the Rangers. You just need to trade for your very own Sean Avery.

Goalie_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote