HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rumoured fight in Habs Dressing Room

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 500
FIRESALE !

No but seriously, look at the core we're trying to build around for years now... what's happening ? Nothing... the core is rotting away...

Get a new core... keep the young players cause they know Carbo and co. but trade the core... Koivu, Kovalev, Rivet, Ryder... do something ! Carbo is out of options with a team full of chokers who gives half-ass efforts.

As someone mentionned, we're now to the 4th trainer... stop firing the trainers, make the players pay.

I'll always be a die hard fan of the Habs, but I never liked inconsistent and/or soft and/or players who don't give their max.

Old
02-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
If this is indeed the reason why Kovy got hurt, I would like to thank Souray for the last two game results. Nothing like idiotic penalty filled games(none of which involved Perezhogin, which is why no one is crying for the culprits to be sat).

Thanks Souray, thanks a lot!!
Cuz we were doing so much better with Kovalev right?

Check yourself man...Kovalev sucks every ****ing night, that's why he'd have got his ass wooped if it indeed happened. If it did happen, I hope it instills fear in the ****head and he starts lighting it up cuz he doesn't want another beating.

Old
02-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

I don't know why some of you find this so hard to believe, happens all the time to struggling teams...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=336428

Old
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePointe View Post
Jeez, can't you 'morans' stay on topic (fight in the Habs dressing room)?? You've got to go and start biatching about poor team performance on any, and every thread you read?!

I've been reading the HF for a while now and I'm sick of this crap. So sick that I had to register, to post my feelings of disgust. Now, 'can I borrow a feeling' (a nad rub, maybe), or will you shut up by yourselves? You got a problem with it? I'm right here in PSC... come on down. PSC 4 LIFE, suckers!

nice knowing ya...

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
nice knowing ya...

You are my HF hero.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:27 PM
mcphee

Quote:
nice knowing ya...
I walk the streets of life feeling secure knowing Wally's in charge.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I walk the streets of life feeling secure knowing Wally's in charge.
Only when my wife says I am.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
When is this recipe going to change?? It's not working
Give more details....You want us to trade everyone and spend 4-5 years at the bottom to have good draft picks???

Old
02-15-2007, 12:38 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Only when my wife says I am.

Remember George being afraid of his world's colliding ? There's hf Wally,home Wally, and never do they intersect.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I say that because now for Habs fans, the goal seems to be just to make the playoffs. Let's be realistic here, even if the Habs make the playoffs, does anyone here think that they've got the team, the character, the committment, the desire to actually make some substancial noise in the playoffs?

Last year, 2 years ago, 3 years ago...Making the playoffs and just that was just fine for me...However, this year coming into the 07-08 season, I was expecting the Habs to take the next step, not Cup hopefull step, but contender step...but they still look like exactly the same team they've been the last 3 or 4 years.

- Offensively challenged
- Relying on almost super human peformances of their goalies to win
- small and mostly soft

When is this recipe going to change?? It's not working

I agree with you 417...but you jumped in and quoted me on something that was totally different. The poster that I was talking with suggested that we get rid of certain players, and that would help us for a better playoff run this year as well as clear salary cap. I disagreed and gave my reasons why.

The changes that you are talking about would be considered LONG TERM....getting great young prospects, high draft picks. They would be great to get, but we are talking about making a stronger effort for making the playoffs, this year...not a couple of years down the road.

We are talking apples and oranges here, so I don't understand why you keep quoting me?

02-15-2007, 12:46 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe View Post
On my way to the gym, I listened to Pierre Page and Christian Tetrault (Radio-Energie) and it was 5:48am and Page said that he learn from one source that there was a fight in the Habs dressing room Saturday night, after the game, and it led to the players-only meeting.

He said that one player jumped on Kovalev and that's the reason Kovalev did not play the following game (he was hurt during the fight). He also said that Pedneault is working on the story, trying to find a second source to confirm that.

Have you heard the same story somewhere else?

Silly

Old
02-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Well I would totally be fine with only getting draft picks and prospects in return for getting rid of Kovalev, Koivu, Ryder, Rivet and others.....the main objective is to get rid of their contracts so we have money to sign decent players in the off season. This years playoffs is the least of my worries, because they would only make it to the second round at the best and then get put out. I would rather rebuild the team so it is a cup contender.
I know we couldn't trade any of those players and get equal value back because right now, none of them have ANY value. I just want to get whatever we possibly can for them to get rid of paying their contracts and then we can spend the money wisely on younger players who will make a difference and a couple up and coming stars.
Next year we have 10 players under contract for $22.45 million, leaving $21.55 to re-sign 12 or 13 players. If we could get rid of Koivu and Kovalev, we would have an additional $9.25 million taking the total to $30.8 Million and only have to replace 15 players. I would like to keep Koivu as a 2nd center, but $4.75 mil is a lot of money to be paying a 2nd line center.
I wish I could move a magic wand and make all of your requests come true Puckhead58, but sadly....it's out getting fixed.

If we could move some of the players you suggested for good draft picks or good young prospects, I would definitely be interested. (except koivu)

But because these guys that you want to trade have big contracts, we would have to take back big contracts to move them. So...we might get a few more prospects..*which would be nice*, but we would have some other team's over paid player instead of our over paid player. So I don't think it would improve our Cap space.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Give more details....You want us to trade everyone and spend 4-5 years at the bottom to have good draft picks???
Who on our team is a legitimate first line player right now?

Koivu sure isn't. Kovalev hasn't been a first line player excluding the playoffs for over a year now. It sure is great to have playoff performers but you have to get there in the first place. Ryder is a second line player. Higgins hasn't consistently performed as a first liner.

We need a big trade to land a first line player... And not just a rental. You can't tell me that trading chips like Perezhogin, Chipchura, Price/Halak, Ryder, and a high draft pick can't somehow be packaged in some combination to land an impact player who isn't in his 30's yet.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
sourgrapes*

wally rules! that guy was a major a-****

Old
02-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
nice knowing ya...

Haha....Thanks Wally

Old
02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
zednik20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
... Jesus lord saves us , how can the Pens be ahead of us ?
Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Fleury, Whitney,...want more ?...

whos better then that on our team ?...

Old
02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
We have a better D and better goalies.. And more depth upfront even if they have better players.

Old
02-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Jaydawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post

Koivu sure isn't. Kovalev hasn't been a first line player excluding the playoffs for over a year now. It sure is great to have playoff performers but you have to get there in the first place. Ryder is a second line player. Higgins hasn't consistently performed as a first liner.

We need a big trade to land a first line player... And not just a rental. You can't tell me that trading chips like Perezhogin, Chipchura, Price/Halak, Ryder, and a high draft pick can't somehow be packaged in some combination to land an impact player who isn't in his 30's yet.
Montreal needs 3 first line forwards........cause right now, Kouivu, Kovy, Higgins and the like are no better then 2nd liners on most teams.

Old
02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Careful, we're about to incur the wrath of the 50 Pens fans who consantly monitor every single board on the site to jump down somebody's throat as soon as a single bad word is said about their favorite team...

Old
02-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Kafka

Hi hi.... I precisely mentioned that hypothesis in the 'Kovalev upper body injury' thread.

Old
02-15-2007, 01:17 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post

We shouldn't get used to this, but we agree. Acquiring a go to guy has a chain reaction imo, koivu and Higgins immediately are different players, every forward on the team is a bit more suited to his role then. The problem's clear enough, and I think Gainey's beat his head on the wall for 2 years trying to identify and acquire the guy. My complaint is that when he can't get who he wants, he overspends on the fall back position. So, what happens is he gambles on guys who may be that guy if everything works out.

Old
02-15-2007, 01:19 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Careful, we're about to incur the wrath of the 50 Pens fans who consantly monitor every single board on the site to jump down somebody's throat as soon as a single bad word is said about their favorite team...

Never criticize vigilance. Nothing wrong with a neighbourhood watch committee. Of course, everyone says that until the lynchings start.

Old
02-15-2007, 01:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Never criticize vigilance. Nothing wrong with a neighbourhood watch committee. Of course, everyone says that until the lynchings start.
I think as long as we're on our own board and not breaking any rules, we should be able to say what we want without a firestorm of "CROSBY >>>>> HABS" posts.

Old
02-15-2007, 01:21 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydawg View Post
Montreal needs 3 first line forwards........cause right now, Kouivu, Kovy, Higgins and the like are no better then 2nd liners on most teams.
Lets start with one first line player. A guy who Higgins and co. can feed off of until they develop into legit first line guys.

Old
02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I think as long as we're on our own board and not breaking any rules, we should be able to say what we want without a firestorm of "CROSBY >>>>> HABS" posts.
I don't know that a negotuated peace can be achieved at this point.

Closed Thread