HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Appreciation thread - Fans who eat Poutine/Congrats on 6K AymanD

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2007, 02:17 PM
  #1
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Appreciation thread - Fans who eat Poutine/Congrats on 6K AymanD

This is for you guys... the fans that eat poutine, always stay inebriated and believe we can get out of that never ending slump. This goes out to you. I don't know how you do it - i know i can't, right now all i eat is pretzels, you deserve credit - you deserve this thread!


Last edited by habfan4: 02-15-2007 at 02:48 PM.
habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
  #2
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Nice try.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:34 PM
  #3
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Nice try.
What? Can't a guy parody self congratulatory threads.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:47 PM
  #4
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500


2nd reason for this thread - Congrats on 6000+ posts AymanD

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:49 PM
  #5
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
I had the worst poutine in the world at Hidden Valley Ski Resort (near Huntsville Ontario) this past Monday. Oven fries (half warmed), a little shredded mozza and canned gravy, served by a man in a funny paper hat on a flexible paper plate, for the low low price of just $7.95. This has to be mentioned as the single worst encounter with the 'art form' known as poutine in the history of mankind.

Forget singling out players on the Habs roster, it is more important that we single out bad poutine experiences for the good of all.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:49 PM
  #6
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Hab fans copying Carolina fans who don't care what their hockey team does so long as they can exchange recipies and quips. You'll get the team you deserve, enjoy. Great CSI episode last night!

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:50 PM
  #7
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
I had the worst poutine in the world at Hidden Valley Ski Resort (near Huntsville Ontario) this past Monday. Oven fries (half warmed), a little shredded mozza and canned gravy, served by a man in a funny paper hat on a flexible paper plate, for the low low price of just $7.95. This has to be mentioned as the single worst encounter with the 'art form' known as poutine in the history of mankind.

Forget singling out players on the Habs roster, it is more important that we single out bad poutine experiences for the good of all.
The elders of the poutine high council hereby grant you with the title:

Poutine Crusader!




Go forth and fight bad poutine wherever it is found.










You may use the sentence: "Your poutine made my dog barf" if you choose.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
  #8
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Hab fans copying Carolina fans who don't care what their hockey team does so long as they can exchange recipies and quips. You'll get the team you deserve, enjoy. Great CSI episode last night!
Funny.



ignorant, but funny.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
  #9
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
I had the worst poutine in the world at Hidden Valley Ski Resort (near Huntsville Ontario) this past Monday. Oven fries (half warmed), a little shredded mozza and canned gravy, served by a man in a funny paper hat on a flexible paper plate, for the low low price of just $7.95. This has to be mentioned as the single worst encounter with the 'art form' known as poutine in the history of mankind.

Forget singling out players on the Habs roster, it is more important that we single out bad poutine experiences for the good of all.
Oh a community service angle to this directionless thread. I like, well played.

Was this poutine served from a truck on the side of the road by a fat man? Or was it one of those fancy sit down restaurants?

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:52 PM
  #10
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Hab fans copying Carolina fans who don't care what their hockey team does so long as they can exchange recipies and quips. You'll get the team you deserve, enjoy. Great CSI episode last night!
CSI Miami, CSI NYC or original CSI?

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
  #11
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Oh a community service angle to this directionless thread. I like, well played.

Was this poutine served from a truck on the side of the road by a fat man? Or was it one of those fancy sit down restaurants?
Fat man in a sort of fancy restaurant (cafeteria ambience).

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:07 PM
  #12
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
The elders of the poutine high council hereby grant you with the title:

Poutine Crusader!
Go forth and fight bad poutine wherever it is found.

You may use the sentence: "Your poutine made my dog barf" if you choose.
If such a quest would benefit others, I would gladly suffer it.

However, I do require a small stipend. I will accept a monthly vcash allotment as I blew the last bit betting Habs/Florida.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:08 PM
  #13
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
If such a quest would benefit others, I would gladly suffer it.

However, I do require a small stipend. I will accept a monthly vcash allotment as I blew the last bit betting Habs/Florida.
Poutine is its own reward

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:09 PM
  #14
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Fat man in a sort of fancy restaurant (cafeteria ambience).
Nice job zurg999.

The rest of you keep the reviews coming: I'm going to compile them, have AymanD vet them for authenticity, then sell them to Michelin and Zagat. Proceeds will be used to purchase a 2nd line centre.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:13 PM
  #15
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Nice job zurg999.

The rest of you keep the reviews coming: I'm going to compile them, have AymanD vet them for authenticity, then sell them to Michelin and Zagat. Proceeds will be used to purchase a 2nd line centre.
Or some

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:24 PM
  #16
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Or some
I was thinking beer, but we can talk.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:27 PM
  #17
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
CSI Miami, CSI NYC or original CSI?
Cute. This is a hockey board.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:28 PM
  #18
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Cute. This is a hockey board.
Perezhogin + 2nd round pick

for

Foppa?



What do you think?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:28 PM
  #19
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Poutine is its own reward
But enduring bad poutine has to be worth something more.

Never mind, I just saw that, by some Miracle, 50 Vcash has appeared in my account. This proves that poutine was indeed the substance held in the Grail.

Can anyone suggest a safer bet than Habs/Panthers for this 50?

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:38 PM
  #20
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Perezhogin + 2nd round pick

for

Foppa?



What do you think?
Depending on a favourable medical report, absolutely. IMO a small price to pay for the chance to re-sign an elite player.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:39 PM
  #21
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Depending on a favourable medical report, absolutely. IMO a small price to pay for the chance to re-sign an elite player.
Agreed. But I doubt P-zoghin would interest the Flyers considering he ended Primeau's career. The fanbase woul not approve of such a move.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:42 PM
  #22
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Cute. This is a hockey board.
The quality of hockey talk on this board mimics the Habs play lately, that is to say it ranges from atrocious to vile.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must post in one of the myriad of threads that question Gainey's competence, Koivu's heart or Carbonneau's sanity. After that, I'll start an illuminating thread that suggests the call up of the injured Grabovsky (or perhaps the absent Kostitsyn) is a panacea for the Habs ills.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:52 PM
  #23
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Agreed. But I doubt P-zoghin would interest the Flyers considering he ended Primeau's career. The fanbase woul not approve of such a move.
The Flyers want more anyway, alot more.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 03:54 PM
  #24
baldrick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
The quality of hockey talk on this board mimics the Habs play lately, that is to say it ranges from atrocious to vile.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must post in one of the myriad of threads that question Gainey's competence, Koivu's heart or Carbonneau's sanity. After that, I'll start an illuminating thread that suggests the call up of the injured Grabovsky (or perhaps the absent Kostitsyn) is a panacea for the Habs ills.
Point taken, LOL.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 04:14 PM
  #25
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Panacea is a word that is clearly under-used.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.