63.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player, including the goalkeeper, who holds, freezes or plays the puck with his stick, skates or body in such a manner as to deliberately cause a stoppage of play. With regard to a goalkeeper, this rule applies outside of his goal crease area
Leafs fans have no reason to complain about that call. It was legit.
To be fair, if we were on the other side of the reffing in tonight's game, this board would be full of the exact same sentiments.
But that's just reffing in the NHL.
Uh... when a player gets a penalty for putting the puck over the glass, it's because he did it all by himself. If a goalie decides to freeze the puck inside one of the faceoff circles, he does it all by himself. Clear rule violations lost the Leafs the game, plain and simple.
* Budaj made some terrific saves. Fantastic backup goalie.
* Pacioretty... well, he's Pacioretty. Used his speed and just fired shot after shot.
* Subban was unreal. 2013 unreal.
* Markov made some great passes - even one for the Leafs!
* Desharnais had one of his worst games in a while, overall, but he still managed to pick up a point and win some key faceoffs on the Powerplay.
* Gallagher was Gallagher. Amazing.
* Eller had his best game in probably his last 25. Fantastic game.
* Weise and Bourque were skating hard - didn't accomplish much, but I didn't hate either of them tonight.
* Parros is pretty useless.
* Emelin is very meh - hate his contract.
* Gorges was pure heart and soul.
* Pleks is always great.
* Gionta has been better than I can remember in the past few games.
* Galchenyuk has A LOT to learn and he makes a lot of mistakes, but it's nice to see him trying to take control of the game so many times. Great shot.
* Briere is great in the 10-12 minute role. He's dangerous enough to always be a threat.
Fun game to watch (after the initial 5 minutes or so). Great team win. Nice to pick up another 2-points in the win and further distance ourselves from a rival.