HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rongos @ Flyers via mobile

View Poll Results: 3 guys who sucked the least
Lundqvist 6 12.00%
Kreider 15 30.00%
Stepan 2 4.00%
Nash 13 26.00%
Pouliot 6 12.00%
Brassard 21 42.00%
Miller 5 10.00%
Hagelin 4 8.00%
Richards 3 6.00%
Callahan 2 4.00%
Dorsett lol 4 8.00%
Boyle 1 2.00%
Carcillo 10 20.00%
McDonagh 17 34.00%
Girardi 9 18.00%
Staal 18 36.00%
Stralman 3 6.00%
Klein 7 14.00%
Moore 3 6.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-01-2014, 06:10 PM
ThisYearsModel

vCash: 500
Been watching Rangers-Flyers since the early 70's, and I still HATE losing to them.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Sarutobi

vCash: 2334
This game makes me want MSL on this team even more. They need to finish.

Still, I'm not worried about this team just yet. They didn't look that bad tonight except for Hank and a few defensive lapses

Sarutobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Infinitum Vitae*
XXXXXX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonborne View Post
This game makes me want MSL on this team even more. They need to finish.

Still, I'm not worried about this team just yet. They didn't look that bad tonight except for Hank and a few defensive lapses
Oh just to make you want him more...he scored twice today

Infinitum Vitae* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 06:29 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Eh, saw this coming given the results of the last game for each team. A team that lost 7-2 last game is going to come out mad and usually beat a team that won an emotional close game.

The only thing I would've done differently was start Talbot today and gone with Hank tomorrow. Win tomorrow and today is forgotten.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Never should have messed with the chemistry, Dom Moore > Door-sit
I agree with this. Sit Dorsett. Carcillo and Dorsett are not interchangeable players and the team needs what Carcillo brings. Boyle isn't offensive enough as a center on that line. Bring back Dom Moore. The PK gets a boost as well.

Doctor King Schultz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 07:31 PM
LORENZO

Just. BLurgh.

LORENZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 07:39 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

vCash: 69
Carcillo brings more than Corsett, and was basically free. Trade Corsett for a draft pick.

03-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Antithesis
Member Ryan Hollweg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Been watching Rangers-Flyers since the early 70's, and I still HATE losing to them.
There is a legitimate chance we'll be seeing them in the postseason, so the rivalry is up for renewal.

Antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 08:22 PM
ltrangerfan

Not much has changed. The Rangers can beat anyone on any given day. Then again, they can lose to anyone on the off days.

Everything has already been said. The D was sloppy at times. Henrik was super at times but let in his one bad goal. The Physical play seemed to knock the team, off it's game at times. Many of us thought that this team was a mid level team due to their lack of finishers. Has much changed? Nash gave Kreider two goals. He only completed one opportunity. How many others had open nets? Cally did his usual pestering in front of the goalie and as usual came up empty. This is a good defensive team but they need the first line center at the very least, Did Stepan, Richards, Hags, Miller, Pouliot play today? I'll have to review the box score to see.

Why did Kline move up to the 2nd pairing in the third? Is management trying to get a look at a team without Stralman? If so, then is a Cally, Stral package move in the works in an attempt to fill an offensive hole? Maybe I'm just seeing something that's not there?

The teams pattern is to play big after a poor effort. So... here's to hoping to see a different team tomorrow.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 08:34 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Carcillo is a ***** hated him everywhere he played and I hate him here as well...Such a punk move vs Rinaldo..Get this clown outta here please...He's no enforcer and will never drop the gloves and his **** eating grin makes me hate him even more

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Infinitum Vitae*
XXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Carcillo is a ***** hated him everywhere he played and I hate him here as well...Such a punk move vs Rinaldo..Get this clown outta here please...He's no enforcer and will never drop the gloves and his **** eating grin makes me hate him even more
Hes about 100 times better than dorsett...and he gets under the opponents skin I've always loved guys like him when their on my team hope we keep carbomb for a long time

Infinitum Vitae* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 09:24 PM
CDiablo

Lapses in D a softie goal and missed empty nets lost us the game. Cant believe both Kreider and Miller missed empty nets.

CDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 09:27 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
So just because you hated him "everywhere he played" you'd rather put in the inferior player over him in Dorsett? Makes a lot of sense.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 09:42 PM
ltrangerfan

Not much has changed. The Rangers can beat anyone on any given day. Then again, they can lose to anyone on the off days.

Everything has already been said. The D was sloppy at times. Henrik was super at times but let in his one bad goal. The Physical play seemed to knock the team, off it's game at times. Many of us thought that this team was a mid level team due to their lack of finishers. Has much changed? Nash gave Kreider two goals. He only completed one opportunity. How many others had open nets? Cally did his usual pestering in front of the goalie and as usual came up empty. This is a good defensive team but they need the first line center at the very least, Did Stepan, Richards, Hags, Miller, Pouliot play today? I'll have to review the box score to see.

Why did Kline move up to the 2nd pairing in the third? Is management trying to get a look at a team without Stralman? If so, then is a Cally, Stral package move in the works in an attempt to fill an offensive hole? Maybe I'm just seeing something that's not there?

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 09:58 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Who says he's better than Dorestt? At least Dorsett has a heart and plays an honest game unlike Carcillo who embarrassed the jersey today..Anyone see Rinaldo's interview after the game????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So just because you hated him "everywhere he played" you'd rather put in the inferior player over him in Dorsett? Makes a lot of sense.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:02 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Who says he's better than Dorestt? At least Dorsett has a heart and plays an honest game unlike Carcillo who embarrassed the jersey today..Anyone see Rinaldo's interview after the game????
He has so much heart that he takes a bad penalty every game. That line was killing it, until that scrub Dorsett was put in today. Literally he cost us at least a point today.

Old
03-01-2014, 10:07 PM
EEL

I bought the hype from the Columbus fans but I got to tell you- Dorsett contributes nothing! No big hits, no puck skills and is a light weight! So why does he get a spot?

EEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:12 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEL View Post
I bought the hype from the Columbus fans but I got to tell you- Dorsett contributes nothing! No big hits, no puck skills and is a light weight! So why does he get a spot?
Well there wasn't much to cheer for in Columbus, he was probably one of their best players.

Old
03-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
We're a heartbeat from 6th in the Metro.

Hire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:58 PM
SnowblindNYR

Watching the Hawks embarrass the Pens makes me really more pissed about this game. The Rangers just figured "we just beat Chicago, who the **** is Philly?" They're not good enough to take games off.

Old
03-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Kahuna Nanu
Ninja Technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Watching the Hawks embarrass the Pens makes me really more pissed about this game. The Rangers just figured "we just beat Chicago, who the **** is Philly?" They're not good enough to take games off.
How did they take the game off? Philly isn't a very good team, but they're still a tough team to handle physically and have a lot of skill. Mason can be really good when he's on his game.

We played pretty well in this game overall, better than Philly. We missed our chances, they finished theirs. It happens, and it sucks that it had to happen against a rival we're neck and neck with in the standings, but oh well. Need to make it up in the upcoming games, and if they can do that, this game will be a blip on the radar.

03-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Kahuna Nanu
Ninja Technique

Quote:
Rinaldo is a worthless player and a dirty piece of ****, who cares what he has to say?

Kahuna Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
How did they take the game off? Philly isn't a very good team, but they're still a tough team to handle physically and have a lot of skill. Mason can be really good when he's on his game.

We played pretty well in this game overall, better than Philly. We missed our chances, they finished theirs. It happens, and it sucks that it had to happen against a rival we're neck and neck with in the standings, but oh well. Need to make it up in the upcoming games, and if they can do that, this game will be a blip on the radar.
That is what is so frustrating, and why I keep repeating that is this by far te most frustrating season of all time.

We've played better hockey than CBJ, WSH, NJ, even Philly.

Yet we have to keep winning every ****ing game because no matter what we just cannot shake anyone.

This loss really freakin gets to me today.

Hire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:07 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
I find it difficult to take seriously anyone who quotes that paragon of virtue and outstanding hockey player, Zac Rinaldo. Who the heck cares what that clown says?

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote