HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rongos @ Flyers via mobile

View Poll Results: 3 guys who sucked the least
Lundqvist 6 12.00%
Kreider 15 30.00%
Stepan 2 4.00%
Nash 13 26.00%
Pouliot 6 12.00%
Brassard 21 42.00%
Miller 5 10.00%
Hagelin 4 8.00%
Richards 3 6.00%
Callahan 2 4.00%
Dorsett lol 4 8.00%
Boyle 1 2.00%
Carcillo 10 20.00%
McDonagh 17 34.00%
Girardi 9 18.00%
Staal 18 36.00%
Stralman 3 6.00%
Klein 7 14.00%
Moore 3 6.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-01-2014, 10:09 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
How did they take the game off? Philly isn't a very good team, but they're still a tough team to handle physically and have a lot of skill. Mason can be really good when he's on his game.

We played pretty well in this game overall, better than Philly. We missed our chances, they finished theirs. It happens, and it sucks that it had to happen against a rival we're neck and neck with in the standings, but oh well. Need to make it up in the upcoming games, and if they can do that, this game will be a blip on the radar.
I don't know. The defense was the worst it's been in a LONG time. Our defense shut down Colorado, Pittsburgh (2 goals on the PP for them, otherwise not much), and Chicago in 4 games prior and they looked like clowns today against maybe a slightly above average team.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:10 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator

vCash: 69
Who gives a **** what ZAC RINALDO of all people has to say?

aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I don't know. The defense was the worst it's been in a LONG time. Our defense shut down Colorado, Pittsburgh (2 goals on the PP for them, otherwise not much), and Chicago in 4 games prior and they looked like clowns today against maybe a slightly above average team.
I'll use the prior three performances to judge the team over this one, then.

03-01-2014, 10:53 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

That piece of **** called out and embarrassed Carcillo after the game...A piece of **** like Rinaldo calling out one of our players for being a *******...And he's right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
Who gives a **** what ZAC RINALDO of all people has to say?

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
That piece of **** called out and embarrassed Carcillo after the game...A piece of **** like Rinaldo calling out one of our players for being a *******...And he's right..
Players call other players names????

Wow, who knew!? That definitely means a lot!

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Who cares about that side ********?

We lost, thats all that matters. I couldn't care less if Carcillo fought Rinaldo, didn't fight Rinaldo, beat his ass or got his ass beat. It doesn't ****ing matter.

What I am pissed about is losing the game. What I am pissed about is playing ****ing Dorsett in place of Dominic Moore for no ****ing good reason.

Hire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:21 PM
mint
Views for Matthews

vCash: 5000
What's with the use of ****ing and moaning profanities on a hockey message board? ****ing ****.

mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:28 PM
ltsthinaz

To answer a question, Stralman got moved down because he was having a real tough game in his own zone. He seems to have more trouble with physical teams, I imagine that's the book against him. I'd also like to see him shoot more o net in the offensive zone. He has a good shot, but he always seems to just throw it in around the boards. Still, got to give him a pass, he's overall been real good this season.

This is a better team than most people think, but I think anyone who wants to send the farm to Tampa for MSL as a rental is crazy. You build a team for the long run. Trade Cally for a ransom and prospects, I'm OK with, he isn't worth even close to what he's asking, but stop trying to bring in aging stars just to make the playoffs and go out in one round.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Carcillo is a ***** hated him everywhere he played and I hate him here as well...Such a punk move vs Rinaldo..Get this clown outta here please...He's no enforcer and will never drop the gloves and his **** eating grin makes me hate him even more
Yeah cause I'd rather he had tried to fight Rinaldo and gotten a penalty than what he did... His purpose on the team is to help them win, had that worked and the Rangers scored on the PP would you still be *****ing about him? 9 times out of 10 the refs probably call Rinaldo for keeping that **** going after they already talked to them about it.

I like these keyboard warriors who talk about "codes" and "honor" like they've actually been there. Seriously the closest anyone around here has come is having one too many during beer league and getting belligerent.

Quote:
Him continuing to (MOD: complain) about it after the game just proves Carcillo is effective at getting in opponents heads. Good on him.

Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 03-02-2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Softened word choice
Clown Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:23 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Thought Steve Austin had a meh game
But we can rebuild him

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:27 AM
BlessThisMess513

Wrong thread.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 05:18 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

The Rangers have trouble with the big goalies. Ben Bishop and Steve Mason. Bishop is 5-0 with .970 GAA and 0.91 Save %. Mason was 3-0-1 with 2.48 and 0.930 against the Rangers heading into the game yesterday. 4-0-1.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 05:46 AM
LORENZO

Yeah, doesn't help that our players aim for the goalie mind.

LORENZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Rinaldo, in the words of Mike Rupp, is irrelevant out there, still waiting for some one with balls to knock Simmonds on his ass, the only one who ever took care of him was Stu Bickel

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:48 AM
SupersonicMonkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
To answer a question, Stralman got moved down because he was having a real tough game in his own zone. He seems to have more trouble with physical teams, I imagine that's the book against him. I'd also like to see him shoot more o net in the offensive zone. He has a good shot, but he always seems to just throw it in around the boards. Still, got to give him a pass, he's overall been real good this season.

This is a better team than most people think, but I think anyone who wants to send the farm to Tampa for MSL as a rental is crazy. You build a team for the long run. Trade Cally for a ransom and prospects, I'm OK with, he isn't worth even close to what he's asking, but stop trying to bring in aging stars just to make the playoffs and go out in one round.
This team is OK. Certainly not among the top of the league. And they are a bunch of cowards and crumble in a physical game.

Its amazing how soft they became when Vigneault took over.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:17 AM
AHB*

I've certainly warmed up to Carcillo. He has been nothing but effective since coming with us and has taken very few, if any, stupid penalties.

As for Dorsett, he's taken bad penalties all year, including one that arguably cost us the game yesterday.

And i still haven't forgotten his mess of a game in St. Louis at the beginning of the year.

He can be good, but Carcillo has easily been the better player for us this year.

AHB* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
**** Rinaldo. Make A Wish wannabe.

Hunter Gathers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Two bad decisions by AV:

1)Putting in Dorsett and he takes a dumb penalty and not having Moore for the PK

2)Should've started Talbot and saved Henrik for Boston tomorrow.

Annoying game that they should've won.

The second line still stinks this year.

That's all I got.
Three things about this "dumb" penalty:

1) It looks from the replay that Lecavalier didn't get high sticked and put on a great acting job

2) Boyle has full control of the puck and instead of moving it smartly he backhands it without looking right to Lecavelier which leads to the stick check or high sticking. Great defensive work by jumbo clod

3) What is dumb about the penalty? Careless? Yes. But dumb? He was battling for the puck after a bad turnover and the stick got up.

I guess Derek Dorsett has become the new whipping boy. Sad. I will say I agree that there was no reason to mess with success and insert him. But, the loss wasn't his fault. Maybe if Kreider, Miller or Boyle connect on their open net opportunities we are singing a different tune.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Rinaldo, in the words of Mike Rupp, is irrelevant out there, still waiting for some one with balls to knock Simmonds on his ass, the only one who ever took care of him was Stu Bickel
Patience, McI is coming...soon

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 11:05 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Rinaldo and Carcillo are one of a kind. They deserve each other. I don't give a crap what either of them have to say.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote