HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Forsberg to Nashville!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2007, 07:27 PM
  #51
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
From TSN:

"Parent, who is playing with the Guelph Storm this year, has missed 23 of the team's 55 games and is currently out with a bulging disk in his back."

Hmm...I wasn't aware of that....back problems this early in a career is definitely concerning as they certainly can become a chronic issue.

I wonder if that factored in the decision to give up Parent instead of Franson at all?


Last edited by handtrick: 02-15-2007 at 07:37 PM.
handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:29 PM
  #52
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
From TSN:

"Parent, who is playing with the Guelph Storm this year, has missed 23 of the team's 55 games and is currently out with a bulging disk in his back."

Hmm...I wasn't aware of that....back problems this earlier in the career definitely concerning as they certainly can become a chronic issue.

I wonder if that factored in the decision to give up Parent instead of Franson at all?
Well duhhhhh

Wow that is news. That just makes the deal look better.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:30 PM
  #53
SchonyFan
Registered User
 
SchonyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flyers_ View Post
$50 says the sabres dont even make it past the first round
$50 says Philly doesn't make it TO the playoffs at all

I'm loving the flip flop for most points between Nashville and the Sabres. Still a Dumont fan here....

SchonyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:30 PM
  #54
iouttakill
DasMuse
 
iouttakill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Seneca, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
i seem to have struck a nerve with that post... that was not the intention.

I liked forsberg and i would love to see him be the dynamic player he used to be. And i hope he does. I just dont see it happening. and once again, if im wrong then congrats.

p.s. Philly fans should not even be talking about playoffs. And i still like dumont as well... i loved that he scored a goal 39 seconds in the preds first game this year on a breakaway... i was happy for him.

iouttakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:36 PM
  #55
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iouttakill View Post
You guys seem to be excited about this trade... i'm not trying to piss anyone off, but I honestly think you got hosed with this trade.

Being a Sabres fan i would be very unhappy with a trade like this. Nasville being the run and gun team that they are should have gone for a different rental player.

Forsberg has been washed up since his last year in Colorado and certainly has not been a dynamic player in years. And his consistency leaves much to be desired from an "all-star" forward of his former caliber. I understand Philly sucks and that may have something to do with it... but i honestly dont think he will be the old peter we've seen during the dynasty days of Colorado. If he does better for you, congrats... but remember his name won’t win you the cup.
Funny, he didn't look too washed up in games 3 and 4 of last year's playoffs. Were we watching the same series, or have you conveniently forgotten his absolute dominance over your team in those two games (on an ankle and a half I might add).

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:37 PM
  #56
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,283
vCash: 50
Interesting note

Forsberg has more career playoff points (162) than the rest of the Predators lineup (155).

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
  #57
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by iouttakill View Post
i seem to have struck a nerve with that post... that was not the intention.

I liked forsberg and i would love to see him be the dynamic player he used to be. And i hope he does. I just dont see it happening. and once again, if im wrong then congrats.

p.s. Philly fans should not even be talking about playoffs. And i still like dumont as well... i loved that he scored a goal 39 seconds in the preds first game this year on a breakaway... i was happy for him.
I just don't think we really expect him to be the player he was 5-6 years ago. In Nashville he will be a complimentary player rather than the one go to guy that is trying to load the team on his back.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
  #58
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Some additional info from Al Morganti on the Flyers broadcast:

"The 3rd round pick we included in the trade is a conditional pick that hinges on whether Forsberg re-signs with the Preds or not. So we retain that pick if Forsberg goes back to Philly or signs somewhere else in the offseason."
That's great news. It's still a good bit to give up, but I'm with most everyone else in just being too excited about Forsberg to really care. This is a big day in Preds history and sends a strong message to all other playoff teams in the league.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
  #59
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Awesome trade, only lose one roster player, hurts to lose Parent but we're ****ing stacked at D and the first, meh! We got Foppa!!!!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:41 PM
  #60
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross
 
DontCallPlayersStuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,589
vCash: 500
I know we're all throwing the idea of Forsberg between Hartnell and Radulov...

but I almost see him as being even better between Sullivan and Dumont, two natural scorers, with Arnott bumping down and making a big, nasty third line.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:44 PM
  #61
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I know we're all throwing the idea of Forsberg between Hartnell and Radulov...

but I almost see him as being even better between Sullivan and Dumont, two natural scorers, with Arnott bumping down and making a big, nasty third line.
Arnott with Hartnell and Radulov would be very nasty.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:46 PM
  #62
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
WE GOT FOPPA

Sorry I just gotta get my screams out here since no one around me here in Taiwan has any clue what I'm talking about.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:46 PM
  #63
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,369
vCash: 500
Anything can happen in the playoffs. I don't need to explain that statement. Of course, I'd like to see the franchise win a playoff series before they are proclaimed INSTANT cup contenders.

That said, this is a wonderful deal, and adds to Nashville's offensive depth, which already was the best in the league. When SJ gets eliminated in the playoffs(and with Josh Gorges/Doug Murray/Rob Davison leading the D, it looks to be when, not if), I might root for Nashville in the West. A good mix of youth and experience.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:51 PM
  #64
Salz
Registered User
 
Salz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
Does Nashville have a deep enough farm system to overcome the loss of Parent and the 1st round pick?

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
  #65
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross
 
DontCallPlayersStuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Does Nashville have a deep enough farm system to overcome the loss of Parent and the 1st round pick?
Suter(21)
Hamhuis(23)
Weber(21)
Franson(19)
Laakso(19)

Yeah, I think we'll be okay

The first is going to be a laaate first in a top-heavy draft. I'm not worried about our farm, given how young our core is.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:57 PM
  #66
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,794
vCash: 2373
Well, for what it is worth, here is a Flyers' fan wishing you all luck in the post-season run.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
  #67
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Great trade for Philly, but I'm ecstatic as a Nashville fan. Successful people are educated risk-takers. And this was an educated risk. That package was a steep price. But it will have no affect on the Nashville roster for AT LEAST 3 years because that's how long it would have taken for Parent to play a pivotal role on the team. Upshall was never going to break onto this roster. And the first rounder is an absolutely afterthought. Adding Forsberg does more than just add a HOFer to the roster. He brings a renewed since of confidence because this team is being told they are a Cup contender by Poile. This isn't the addition of a crappy #3 Dman. This is a risk that reeks of a GM who is gunning for the Cup. Every Predator will have an extra bounce in his step tonight and at practice tomorrow. And they have every reason to be excited.

I cannot wait to see Forsberg in action. And I'd love to see him center Raddy and Harts. It's a playmakers dream.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:06 PM
  #68
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Do you think we could get a "game of the week" now? Seems to me like someone could stick an extra game or two in the anemic national NHL schedule.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:09 PM
  #69
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Great trade for Philly, but I'm ecstatic as a Nashville fan. Successful people are educated risk-takers. And this was an educated risk. That package was a steep price. But it will have no affect on the Nashville roster for AT LEAST 3 years because that's how long it would have taken for Parent to play a pivotal role on the team. Upshall was never going to break onto this roster. And the first rounder is an absolutely afterthought. Adding Forsberg does more than just add a HOFer to the roster. He brings a renewed since of confidence because this team is being told they are a Cup contender by Poile. This isn't the addition of a crappy #3 Dman. This is a risk that reeks of a GM who is gunning for the Cup. Every Predator will have an extra bounce in his step tonight and at practice tomorrow. And they have every reason to be excited.

I cannot wait to see Forsberg in action. And I'd love to see him center Raddy and Harts. It's a playmakers dream.
a) it depends how Parent's bulging disk is taken care of ... that's a pretty serious problem to have when you're THAT young ... b) Upshall better start producing for them ... c) they better draft well because that 1st & 3rd(possibly 6th) isn't gonna help them in a top heavy draft

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
  #70
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,283
vCash: 50
This is what Nashville paid for.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6n3Xa23AUjs



The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:13 PM
  #71
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Murray KY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Suter(21)
Hamhuis(23)
Weber(21)
Franson(19)
Laakso(19)

Yeah, I think we'll be okay

The first is going to be a laaate first in a top-heavy draft. I'm not worried about our farm, given how young our core is.
Klein
Zanon

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:20 PM
  #72
Roman Tanner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mgmt. Excuseville
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
This washed up player was on pace for 139 points last season before he got injured. Hes also the reasoon Gagne is making 5 million. Hes also a PPG player this season on the worst team in the league and having to fight numerous injuries. People forget that he was not even supposed to start this season till January and yet played opening night. Washed up alright.
+1

From an Av's fan perspective this is satisfying. I think it will be a great fit. You guys get him healthy and let him lead you to the promised land....then he can return to his true home and retire with grace in the Rocky Mountains.

Roman Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM
  #73
Gnashville
Playoff losers
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,929
vCash: 500
http://www.nashvillepredators.com/team/index.html

He instanly becomes the older player on the team and he's only 33
Man wish we'd done this in 1999 instead of 8 years later
I'm not thrilled with this trade as we gave up Parent and Forsberg will sign somewhere else next year, but It's done.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
  #74
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 26,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
http://www.nashvillepredators.com/team/index.html

He instanly becomes the older player on the team and he's only 33
Man wish we'd done this in 1999 instead of 8 years later
I'm not thrilled with this trade as we gave up Parent and Forsberg will sign somewhere else next year, but It's done.
Im gonna bookmark this quote and bring it up when Forsberg dominates the playoffs.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 08:25 PM
  #75
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
He instanly becomes the older player on the team and he's only 33
And has more playoff experience than just about everyone on the team.

Quote:
Man wish we'd done this in 1999 instead of 8 years later
If you think what we paid today was too much what would it have cost 8 years ago, let alone the fact that 8 years ago what exactly would the Preds have that they could offer for Forsberg?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.