HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sorta OT...GREAT interview w/ Brett Hull on WFAN.com

Old
02-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Sorta OT...GREAT interview w/ Brett Hull on WFAN.com

wfan.com check out mike and the mad dog, its a GREAT interview, i love how hull speaks his mind. wow, great interview.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
wfan.com check out mike and the mad dog, its a GREAT interview, i love how hull speaks his mind. wow, great interview.
Although Hull is very candid, would hardly call it a great interview. Russo is obviously reading the standings in the paper as he asks about different teams. He makes reference to both the '03 Ducks and Senators when asking about their current teams/chances...all rosters have undergone drastic changes since then with the lockout and cap. He also neglects to ask about the Rangers, Devils or Isles and doesn't know how many Cups Hull won...really professional from the Mad Dog as usual...

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:27 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
IF the FAN is going to have Hull on, it should have been during Joe Benigno's show (I think he's with Evan Roberts now) or Steve Somers. Not Russo. Let him talking about stuff like San Francsico Giants spring training or March Madness, not hockey.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Although Hull is very candid, would hardly call it a great interview. Russo is obviously reading the standings in the paper as he asks about different teams. He makes reference to both the '03 Ducks and Senators when asking about their current teams/chances...all rosters have undergone drastic changes since then with the lockout and cap. He also neglects to ask about the Rangers, Devils or Isles and doesn't know how many Cups Hull won...really professional from the Mad Dog as usual...
obviously russo doesnt know squat about hockey, but that doesnt take away from hull and him being candid, and yeah, i call it a great interview just on that 1 fact alone. its really rare to hear guys not be P.C. when it comes to the game. Its great to hear him complain about Versus, and about Bettman. I personally thought it was a great interview.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 11:37 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

The interview was brutal, it was just Dog blurting out obvious facts and hearing Hull talk about them.

Russo's lack of hockey knowledge was too evident, and that makes for a crappy interview, especially on a radio show like that. You need the radio personality to be able to have a conversation with the athlete or the interview sounds beat and goes nowhere.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:30 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
The interview was brutal, it was just Dog blurting out obvious facts and hearing Hull talk about them.

Russo's lack of hockey knowledge was too evident, and that makes for a crappy interview, especially on a radio show like that. You need the radio personality to be able to have a conversation with the athlete or the interview sounds beat and goes nowhere.
I agree. A great interview is when you have two knowledgable people talking, asking unexpected questions and gets poignant thought-proviking answers. The only thing more offensive than Russo not talking about hockey is when he does talk about hockey.

Not to mention I find Hull to be completely devoid of any charisma. Much prefered to hear Marty Turco mic'ed up during the thrid period of the All Star Game.

02-16-2007, 09:22 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I was a loyal listener, every day, to M & MD for 10 years until last year.

They would say the only reason why the Rangers are competitive is b/c of the salary cap, and if there wasn't a cap they would be a terrible team, overlooking the individual play of the team and the attempted reorganization of the philosophy.

It's one thing if Rangers fans say it, but them...? They make definitive statements about hockey but in the same sentence say they don't watch it.

The also would say "from what I have seen, no one can compete with the Red Wings"