HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Stephane Robidas could attract attention at deadline

Old
03-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
To Montreal, book it.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:06 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Possibly. Problem is, with the Leafs being up against the cap going into the future, they're going to need as many ELC's as they can get their hands on. Kulemin is likely gone because of the cap, possibly Bolland too, among others. D'amigo is a similar player to Kulemin and likely takes his spot.
It would be different if it were Ross though. I don't think he's gelling with his teammates all that well in the Marlies. He's worth something, but he's going to need to go somewhere else in a trade like this.

Stephane Robidas
Curtis McKenzie/Other depth wing prospect

Brad Ross
Colton Orr/Frazer McLaren
Viktor Loov

I think that's a fair swap considering Robidas' age and injury that just happened. Loov could be a wild card that turns out in a couple of years.

SeaOfBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Dirty Kari

Curtis McKenzie isn't a throw in.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:09 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Curtis McKenzie isn't a throw in.
I know that. Neither are Brad Ross or Viktor Loov. All are legit prospects, but name your least valuable pro wing prospect that's not over the age of 23. I went by hockeysfuture.com, but that's not very accurate all the time.

Old
03-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfBlue View Post
I know that. Neither are Brad Ross or Viktor Loov. All are legit prospects, but name your least valuable pro wing prospect that's not over the age of 23. I went by hockeysfuture.com, but that's not very accurate.
Don't see the stars as the ones dealing ANY prospects. Mckenzie has 54 points in 57 games in his first AHL season. He is on a different level than Ross or Loov. The deal you presented has you getting the best prospect and the best player (even if he is a pending UFA). Its awful sorry.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Primetimey*

vCash: 160
Quote:
I know that. Neither are Brad Ross or Viktor Loov. All are legit prospects, but name your least valuable pro wing prospect that's not over the age of 23. I went by hockeysfuture.com, but that's not very accurate all the time.
Why going by HF list isn't always the best idea.

Primetimey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:28 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
I was just like That's like Sam Carrick kind of thing. The guy who is ranked as a 5.0 C who has like 20 points despite playing sheltered minutes and is a defensive forward and was expected to get that many points by the end of the season.

Well there are some players of interest that I looked on the Texas Stars website, however they were good players (i.e Scott Glennie who had a lot of potential, but I don't know his worth anymore since he's kind of fallen off recently). Name an offensive prospect (who can play wing) you don't mind moving, and I'm all for it, as long as he's not older than 23 years of age and is on a pro team. There just needs to be a replacement for Ross, since we don't have very much depth.

Old
03-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Primetimey*

vCash: 160
The most likely would be Cody Payne, but your original deal doesn't make sense for Dallas. If Robidas is going to get moved its probably for a 2nd + B Prospect will retain salary or take a cap dump.

Primetimey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
It would be different if it were Ross though. I don't think he's gelling with his teammates all that well in the Marlies. He's worth something, but he's going to need to go somewhere else in a trade like this.

Stephane Robidas

Brad Ross
Viktor Loov

I think that's a fair swap considering Robidas' age and injury that just happened. Loov could be a wild card that turns out in a couple of years.
Ross is nothing more than a throw-in in any scenario at the moment. Just hasn't progressed, hasn't done anything as a pro to be worth much.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:36 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:

Stephane Robidas

Brad Ross
Viktor Loov

There is basically zero reason for the Stars to make this deal.

Ross' pro numbers are terrible and we have no use for Orr/McLaren. The only interesting piece is Loov. If he's too much to give up for Robidas then we probably walk away without making a deal. McKenzie is exactly the kind of player we want more of in our organization; beefy dudes who can play with skilled players and pop a few goals while creating space. He's also about five minutes away from playing in the NHL whereas Ross might never and Loov is a year or two away in most likelihood.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Only Jokinen

I thought it was a rule that you couldn't trade players that were on the IR

Only Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
per Dreger

That said, I believe it was Renaud Lavoie would said last week that Dallas was looking forward to Robidas' return, and not planning on moving him. I guess things could change if they got a nice offer, though.
I could see this having Detroits name all over it.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:11 AM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
sounds like a guy philly would try to get.
Probably take a pick to get him too.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Entirely on how Nill fills about Kindl. My guess is no. Dallas has too many left shots as is, and they have plenty of young guys that likely have better potential than Kindl.

I think it's probably a no.
Kindl was a Nill draft pick, a high one(for the Wings) at that. He might still think he can produce, given that he was playing top 4 last year. Plus he's signed pretty cheap considering.(2.4, 3 more years)

Although, I would take Ferraro and the 2nd out, Kindl straight up.

If that's a no-go, then keep Robidas, lots of risk involved for a UFA to trade that much.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Jorkkila
ChickenCageOfTerror!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Jokinen View Post
I thought it was a rule that you couldn't trade players that were on the IR
Can't trade a player who is on the LTIR, but you can trade a player from the IR as long as the team trading from an injured player is aware that the player is injured. IIRC

Jorkkila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:51 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Should be interesting. His injury status means he probably won't be available to play until mid to late March but he should be a good bet to be ready for April and the playoffs. Apparently his leg is making really great progress so maybe he gets in earlier than expected.

I really doubt the Stars just deal him for scraps though. He isn't likely to return the same value he would if he hadn't gotten injured but dealing him for a 4th rounder or something doesn't seem like something they are interested in. Would be better to just keep him for the last few games of the season if all they are getting offered is late round picks.

I think if they can get a roster player or prospect they feel will stay on the team for a few years they will probably move him. Doesn't have to be anything fancy either.
Can you trade a guy who is on injury list ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote