HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Don Lever on the team990

Old
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Sorry WEEB but your wrong, Milroy is a 4th year pro, resigned this past summer to a 1 year deal, he MUST clear waivers to be recalled. The difference is if some team claims him we don't have to pay half his salary cause he doesn't make enough.

Dogs play tomorrow after being off all week so Kostitsyn might be back in time for our Saturday game. Kostitsyn leads the team in scoring by points per game, he's been on fire lately, if he's back in time, he has to be recalled. Milroy deserves a shot but is it worth losing him on waivers now, when the Dogs have a shot at going far. It's not like Milroy or Kostitsyn will turn this team around, and while I do think Milroy would clear waivers, I fear it's a risky move. I'd rather see Milroy in the playoffs with Hamilton and then next year get him some games with the Habs at the start of the season, see how he does, if it doesn't work, send him down then since the loss won't be as bad then if he were to get claimed.
I don't think he'd be claimed, but I wouldn't want to lose him just before the playoffs either. I have a feeling that if he's not called up now however, he'll never play a regular season game in a Habs' uniform.

Did Kosty's "wife" pick a lousy time to be expecting or what?

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:00 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
What did Don said?

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote