HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers Available Part II

Old
03-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
While I'd love Myers and understand his value, for comparison sake:

Tyson Barrie GP 44 G 8 A 16 P 24 +/- +14
Tyler Myers GP 54 G 8 A 12 P 20 +/- -23

They're different D-men for sure, but it goes to show that a player can come out of the gate hot and slow down progression wise as time goes on.

I think the over-valuing in this thread is partly due to his value to Buff being greater where he is then to other teams. Similar to how players like Stastny are more valuable to the Avs then other teams.

I'd pay a good price to get him, but at the same time he's not super physical for his size and smaller players can bring the numbers.
really????

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 11:22 AM
MrBigglesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
what happens if Myers becomes a #1 and Eberle remains at his current production? The sabres would look like fools.

If the sabres didn't pull the triger, and Myers regressed again. They would look bad.

Ultimately, potential is the most important thing and if a player had #1 D potential I'd take it over a 1 RW.

We're rebuilding, we still have years to evaluate Myers position in the organization. And Myers at his best is much more attractive than Eberle at full potential.
The What If argument works both ways. Equally plausible: What If Myers continues to be inconsistent and tops out as a #4, while Eberle goes on to 35-40 goals a year?

Putting aside the fact that I'm not sure how you can say that the 24 year old has limitless potential but the 23 year old is what he is...at the end of the day, potential is great but you can't completely throw reality out the window for it.

IMO the value is very close and I'd take the (slightly) younger and more proven guy, but it's a fine discussion to have. What I don't get is all of the people scoffing and saying.. "OMG Myers is totally worth wayyy more than Eberle, cause he could be like really really good, you guys".

MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 03:27 PM
CaptainsHockey
HFB Partner

vCash: 400
MOD I would like to say that I dont think Myers will be traded because I have a feeling Buffalo values him more than any other team in the league.

Last edited by SoupNazi: 03-03-2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Reference deleted posts
CaptainsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 03:29 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
This thread is about Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers, not Nazim Kadri. Get back to Myers.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 04:01 PM
ZeroPT
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
The What If argument works both ways. Equally plausible: What If Myers continues to be inconsistent and tops out as a #4, while Eberle goes on to 35-40 goals a year?

Putting aside the fact that I'm not sure how you can say that the 24 year old has limitless potential but the 23 year old is what he is...at the end of the day, potential is great but you can't completely throw reality out the window for it.

IMO the value is very close and I'd take the (slightly) younger and more proven guy, but it's a fine discussion to have. What I don't get is all of the people scoffing and saying.. "OMG Myers is totally worth wayyy more than Eberle, cause he could be like really really good, you guys".
I never said anything bad about Eberle. I just think, a potential #1D> a 1RW.

Myers has that potential, he's played like a dominant 1D at times this year and all he needs is consistency and confidence. He has all the tools.

ZeroPT is offline   Reply With Quote