HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

kovalev injury article

Old
02-16-2007, 10:15 AM
belavia

vCash: 500
kovalev injury article

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...71f782&k=21009

This really explains everything. Hes been playing injured for months now. Thats why his stickhandling is so off.
But he definatly has heart, although the article tries to this spin against him more than a carousel.

belavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:17 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

A little off-topic, but who was that dumb-ass reporter who insinuated that Kovalev was faking his injury? It was on TSN yesterday, so it probably happened in the last couple days.

02-16-2007, 10:20 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
A little off-topic, but who was that dumb-ass reporter who insinuated that Kovalev was faking his injury? It was on TSN yesterday, so it probably happened in the last couple days.
I think it was Renaud Lavoie. However, he said "what do you think of fans who think you are faking". He didn't insinuate anything.

I think he was playing injured, and during the player's meeting they said "look man, if you're hurt, please just take time off because you're hurting the team. We appreciate that you're willing to play through injury but it isn't helping the team."

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Coco Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I think it was Renaud Lavoie. However, he said "what do you think of fans who think you are faking". He didn't insinuate anything.

I think he was playing injured, and during the player's meeting they said "look man, if you're hurt, please just take time off because you're hurting the team. We appreciate that you're willing to play through injury but it isn't helping the team."
François Gagnon (La Presse) is also talking about the "good timing" of Kovalev being injured - right after he got benched, he decided it was time to take a break and recover from his elbow injury.

Looks like different people are insinuating things...

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:25 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:

Well, if someone said that, he was talking out of is a##, because we can see how much more explosive our offence is now without an injured Kovalev...

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
.....and Ron Fournier who pretends he has a Russian friend, player in the league, that textually said that he wouldn't be surprised if he faked it 'cause when the going gets tough, Kovalev is nowhere to be found, again dixit Fournier's "friend".....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:29 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever View Post
François Gagnon (La Presse) is also talking about the "good timing" of Kovalev being injured - right after he got benched, he decided it was time to take a break and recover from his elbow injury.

Looks like different people are insinuating things...
These so-called "journalists" are moronic...little rats, who goes to someone house, trying to "look if he's really injured" and insinuate false ideas... they are our version of hollywood's paparazzis...

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:30 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

That's about as close to insinuation as you can get, while still maintaining plausible deniability.

"My contacts told me they thought he was faking! Really!"

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Doctor House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever View Post
François Gagnon (La Presse) ....
He's considered a joke by his peers. Not a day goes by without him dissing Kovalev on his blog. One wonders what he'll write about for the next 3 weeks lol

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
.....and Ron Fournier who pretends he has a Russian friend, player in the league, that textually said that he wouldn't be surprised if he faked it 'cause when the going gets tough, Kovalev is nowhere to be found, again dixit Fournier's "friend".....
lol this one made me laugh.

Kovalev has been in the league for what... 13 years? And everyone knows what Kovalev is all about, but this guy has a "secret Russian friend" who has the real goods on Alex.

Our media is so pathetic.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote