HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Appreciation thread - Fans who eat Poutine/Congrats on 6K AymanD

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
  #26
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Panacea is a word that is clearly under-used.
I'm nominating it for "Word of the Day" on ENN (Elevator News Network).

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 04:28 PM
  #27
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Point taken, LOL.
Hopefully come Sunday we'll be discussing the start of a Canadiens winning streak.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:14 AM
  #28
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Hopefully come Sunday we'll be discussing the start of a Canadiens winning streak.
...and why we aren't playing Perezhogin.. and why Grabovsky and Kostytsin would help us before the playoffs.. and "why the hell isn't carbo playing Halak".. and why we didn't trade Souray.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:22 AM
  #29
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
...and why we aren't playing Perezhogin.. and why Grabovsky and Kostytsin would help us before the playoffs.. and "why the hell isn't carbo playing Halak".. and why we didn't trade Souray.
Stay tuned for the answers to these questions and more... coming up after our exposť on the perils of riding escalators with untied shoe laces.

*Viewer discretion advised. The following report contains foul language, a pantless Dutchy and footage of mcphee wearing spandex yoga pants*

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:23 AM
  #30
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Stay tuned for the answers to these questions and more... coming up after our exposť on the perils of riding escalators with untied shoe laces.

*Viewer discretion advised. The following report contains foul language, a pantless Dutchy and footage of mcphee wearing spandex yoga pants*
Oh the humanity....

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 10:52 AM
  #31
Maddas*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Panacea is a word that is clearly under-used.
It's one of my favourite words after juxtaposition. 10,72 posts a day is an impressive pace on a strictly regulated forum like this one. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but congrats.

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:14 AM
  #32
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
It's one of my favourite words after juxtaposition. 10,72 posts a day is an impressive pace on a strictly regulated forum like this one. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but congrats.
Thank you..... I think.



Its all about being low key.



Or was that Loqui.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:24 AM
  #33
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
Thank you..... I think.



Its all about being low key.



Or was that Loqui.
Way to sneak some Latin into the discussion, sometimes I could swear your channeling James Joyce.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:30 AM
  #34
Maddas*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Shouldn't be loci?

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:34 AM
  #35
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
Shouldn't be loci?
Why aren't you... locacious...

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:37 AM
  #36
Maddas*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
My head hurts...

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:37 AM
  #37
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
Shouldn't be loci?
Looks right to me, loqui is the infinitive form of the verb to speak. The again I learned all my latin from reading E. E. Cummings poems.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:39 AM
  #38
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Looks right to me, loqui is the infinitive form of the verb to speak. The again I learned all my latin from reading E. E. Cummings poems.
loquare is the infinitive

loqui is the present participative form

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:40 AM
  #39
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
loquare is the infinitive

loqui is the present participative form
Note the caveat in my previous post.

Damn you E. E. Cummings.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
  #40
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,161
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Ecto mimed bison, caveat emptor
To all that enter here...

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.