HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Prucha be a Ranger after the trade deadline?

View Poll Results: Will Prucha be a Ranger after the trade deadline?
Yes 95 77.24%
No 28 22.76%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2007, 10:11 AM
  #51
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,422
vCash: 500
I don't doubt that, jas...

but I'm suggesting that despite Prucha not doing that last season for Jagr, the results were at least similar to what we've seen with Hossa. Got there a different way, but similar results. Prucha was actually good at getting to the puck and getting it back to Jagr, and just as an important, was finishing chances.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:41 AM
  #52
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Wow, I'm suprised to see so many said yes. I think he's going to stay, I'm actually riding with what Sather has said, about them not moving him. Call me stupid, but I think the orginization still believes in him, and I'm still confident, if we trade him it's going to bite us in the ass.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:45 AM
  #53
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
I dont think he will be, and if he is still(which I want him to be) it wont be because the Rangers werent shopping him.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:53 AM
  #54
RangerSteve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Country: United States
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
The bright side is that he isn't getting shafted his power play time. The opposite is seeing him playing on the 4th line. I voted that he will get traded, but you really don't trade away a guy that you might want to 'show case' while playing him with Blair Betts and Ryan Hollweg.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 12:38 PM
  #55
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
If they are considering a trade, they will most likely wait until next season. I'm assuming that the coaching staff wants to give him more time and eventually, if he doesn't come along next season, he will be dealt. It'd be foolish to deal him at this point with the team playing well and everything.

Just be patient with the kid. If he struggles at the start of next year and never really gets it going, THEN you consider a deal. You don't cut him off in his 2nd year of NHL play.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 01:10 PM
  #56
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
I'm not 100% positive they will trade him, more like 60/40, but if they do it will be for a D-man. Probably a package deal for a top pairing guy. They obviously don't value his offense, otherwise he would be on the other 3 lines. I think he's just on the PP to build up value. This organization just doesn't see him as an important part to this team.

They know they have to start working in guys like Callahan and Dawes. With the replacing of Ward and Hall with Avery and Dupuis, there aren't many options for swapping guys out. Prucha for D-man creates an opening for the rookies next year. Maybe you'll see Ward or Malik moved for a pick/prospect.

We don't need more forward help, we seem to have taken care of the 2nd line center issue for the time being. If we put up another 4 out of 5 wins before the deadline, they'll look to upgrade D.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 01:16 PM
  #57
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,422
vCash: 500
I'd be surprised...

to see Ward go. His playoff experience is exactly why he was brought here. He hasn't played bad either and I can't help but think he's had a very positive effect on Tyutin. If the Rangers do get that defenseman, Girardi will be the one who sits, unless Rachunek's included in a deal. Just my guess.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
  #58
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Yes. He's young, versitile, and he does what he's told. Management, while mis-managing him, does realize his potential.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:32 PM
  #59
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
With the team on its recent run with the players they've acquired (and Hossa's recent emergence), though, I would think that Glen is only dealing from strength.
Hossa's play in the last two weeks should not be enough to send a 30 goal scoring rookie packing. Hossa is hardly a player whom you can hang your hat on. And given the fact that 4 of the top 6 forwards are on the other side of 35 and the farm (despite all the picks) does not exactly seem stocked with sure fire top-6 forwards, it would seem incredibly short-sighted to trade Prucha (unless it is involved in a package for a young, top-6 stud).

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:35 PM
  #60
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
What I would say is that Jagr has mentioned how Hossa has opened up ice for him. Hossa goes into the corner, maintains puck possession, and I think does more damage on the forecheck. I've seen Hossa just bury defenders on the forecheck. So in that regard, he's made life easier for Jagr. I think that's part of the reason why the current configuration is working.
I am not saying that you are saying this, but but if Hossa pulls his usual disappearing act, then the statement becomes null and void. We all have hoped that Hossa realizes some of his enormous potential, but right now, it is not nearly enough to hand your hat on and go ahead and trade the best rookie prospect since Amonte and Weight.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:07 PM
  #61
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Hossa's play in the last two weeks should not be enough to send a 30 goal scoring rookie packing. Hossa is hardly a player whom you can hang your hat on. And given the fact that 4 of the top 6 forwards are on the other side of 35 and the farm (despite all the picks) does not exactly seem stocked with sure fire top-6 forwards, it would seem incredibly short-sighted to trade Prucha (unless it is involved in a package for a young, top-6 stud).
I think that's pretty much the consensus on the board. Nobody thinks Prucha should dealt for for a short term answer. But, if Florida (again, just an example) asks for Prucha as part of a deal for Horton, I'm driving Petr to the airport myself.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:15 PM
  #62
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 500
Well seeing as how a few immature posters from both NYR and PHO fanbases got my proposal thread between PHO and NYR closed what do all of you think:

NYR: Keith Ballard
PHO: Petr Prucha and Ivan Baranka

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ HOCKEY
Scouting the 2015 NHL Draft and Futures
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 09:21 AM
  #63
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Well seeing as how a few immature posters from both NYR and PHO fanbases got my proposal thread between PHO and NYR closed what do all of you think:

NYR: Keith Ballard
PHO: Petr Prucha and Ivan Baranka
I think the answer is no and the reason why is Baranka. I think Baranka and Ballard are similar type players. we are just waiting for Baranka to get a little more seasoning. So basically we give you Prucha for a more experienced Baranka.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 09:28 AM
  #64
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
I think the answer is no and the reason why is Baranka. I think Baranka and Ballard are similar type players. we are just waiting for Baranka to get a little more seasoning. So basically we give you Prucha for a more experienced Baranka.
Big difference is that Ballard has proven he can play well in the nHL while Baranka hasn't even proved he can play consistently in the AHL...His values isn; all that high...Nor is Prucha's becasue of his year...Just looking at it form a Coyote standpoint for a sec....ANd Ballard would be mighty fine in NY

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:58 AM
  #65
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
to see Ward go. His playoff experience is exactly why he was brought here. He hasn't played bad either and I can't help but think he's had a very positive effect on Tyutin. If the Rangers do get that defenseman, Girardi will be the one who sits, unless Rachunek's included in a deal. Just my guess.
I agree, I don't see Ward going anywhere either.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:59 AM
  #66
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Big difference is that Ballard has proven he can play well in the nHL while Baranka hasn't even proved he can play consistently in the AHL...His values isn; all that high...Nor is Prucha's becasue of his year...Just looking at it form a Coyote standpoint for a sec....ANd Ballard would be mighty fine in NY
Maybe then we should throw in Staal, we don't want phoenix to get ripped off taking 2 stiffs from us. I think you are underesimating the value of both Baranka & Prucha.
Maybe after Baranka has 6 full years of development like Ballard had we can make a comparison. Ballard had 2 yrs playing Jrs in the USL, 3 in college and 1 in the AHL.
Baranka will be in the NHL later this year or next year for certain, 2 years ahead of Ballard and 2-3 years younger.

Prucha is the same year as Ballard, 24. What does Balalrd bring that we don't have in the organization? Is he Bobby Orr. Brian Leetch or Ray Bourque? If not, I'll wait and not overpay for something we already have thank you.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:30 AM
  #67
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Maybe then we should throw in Staal, we don't want phoenix to get ripped off taking 2 stiffs from us. I think you are underesimating the value of both Baranka & Prucha.
Maybe after Baranka has 6 full years of development like Ballard had we can make a comparison. Ballard had 2 yrs playing Jrs in the USL, 3 in college and 1 in the AHL.
Baranka will be in the NHL later this year or next year for certain, 2 years ahead of Ballard and 2-3 years younger.

Prucha is the same year as Ballard, 24. What does Balalrd bring that we don't have in the organization? Is he Bobby Orr. Brian Leetch or Ray Bourque? If not, I'll wait and not overpay for something we already have thank you.
Boo, I take it easy on people. But as you show in another thread, we all have our momemts proposing Nylander and Rachunek for Garnet "freakin" Exelby and a pick. That's like asking for Brind'Amour and Tanabe for Aaron Ward.

I just think you have to give to get, and Ballard is a stud defenseman. People truly underestimate him greatly. You are the second misguided soul to think that Ballard doesn't offer anything more than Rachunek/Malik/Girardi.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.