HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXIX: Down To The Wire

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2014, 09:11 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
If he doesn't, it could be Vancouver trying to up the Pens offer by convincing them division rivals Rangers and Flyers are in on it.
That makes sense.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:14 AM
shinchanyo

Kesler misses the scent of Big Red & Rogaine on the bench

Old
03-04-2014, 09:15 AM
drewcon40

Wow the next 30 hours are going to be intense. Myself included, I can't believe how much the fans really are thinking with their heads and not with their hearts. I can only wonder if Sather and the rest of the front office are aware of the fans thoughts. Even the best GMs wouldn't allow too much influence from a fan base to make major decisions but this one seems so obvious. I am wondering if Dolan and Sather are disillusioned. Meaning, their thought is to lock up a fan favorite, not realizing that the Ranger fan base is smart and sophisticated and prefer to see Callahan go if it is going to cripple the team's cap maneuverability. (I know I don't speak for everyone).

The boards are blowing up on speculation, I am curious what is going to happen when something becomes official. (Or is the anticipation causing the angst).

Old
03-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Remember Boomer Esiason?
Yeah and he still knew before anyone else MSL requested a trade here. The Cally swap is all but dead, but let's not pretend he didn't get fed some legitimate info.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I don't get it. I thought Kesler did not want to play for Alain Vigneault again.
My thoughts as well, but after being coached by Torts I guess he'd rather have AV. Rumor at Sochi was that Kesler was going around telling teammates that he is done in Van City.

One player told a journalist, and the story came out about him wanting out. Apparently he wants to go to Pitts, be close to home, and play for Bylsma.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:17 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
Yeah and he still knew before anyone else MSL requested a trade here. The Cally swap is all but dead, but let's not pretend he didn't get fed some legitimate info.
I don't think he ever said it would be Cally - at least not on Twitter. Did he connect the two when he discussed it on his show?

Old
03-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
My thoughts as well, but after being coached by Torts I guess he'd rather have AV. Rumor at Sochi was that Kesler was going around telling teammates that he is done in Van City.

One player told a journalist, and the story came out about him wanting out. Apparently he wants to go to Pitts, be close to home, and play for Bylsma.
I heard that, too, and I wonder if the issue is with the Canucks organization or with the Canadian media.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:18 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Wow the next 30 hours are going to be intense. Myself included, I can't believe how much the fans really are thinking with their heads and not with their hearts. I can only wonder if Sather and the rest of the front office are aware of the fans thoughts. Even the best GMs wouldn't allow too much influence from a fan base to make major decisions but this one seems so obvious. I am wondering if Dolan and Sather are disillusioned. Meaning, their thought is to lock up a fan favorite, not realizing that the Ranger fan base is smart and sophisticated and prefer to see Callahan go if it is going to cripple the team's cap maneuverability. (I know I don't speak for everyone).

The boards are blowing up on speculation, I am curious what is going to happen when something becomes official. (Or is the anticipation causing the angst).
I think you're influenced by the fact that you're posting on a board with intelligent die hards and me (self-deprecation FTW!). But all jokes aside, you have to remember that it's the casual fans that count and I bet most will be pissed if they guy the Garden and national media tried to promote as the next Messier will get traded. I remember when Rupp got traded for Powe how many people on facebook were upset that we traded that useless POS. I know Powe didn't do much, but at least he wasn't a snail and could kill penalties.

Last edited by SnowblindNYR: 03-04-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old
03-04-2014, 09:19 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:

Which would add credence to the theory that the reason the Rangers are linked to him is that Vancouver's breaking out the ol' "use the threat of the NY team to drive up the price" ploy.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

They chase that blockbuster at every trade deadline and it doesn't seem to be working.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:22 AM
jskramer83

If this is what Tampa is asking for, I take this in a second. I really like Hagelin, but I really do only see him as a very good 3rd line or adequate second line winger at best.

He is another player who similar to Callahan put's in more effort then anyone, and has incredible speed and plays well defensively. Just don't see him developing that killer instinct on offense to really become a top 6 player.

This proposal made me think for a second, but not long enough so likely Tampa would need a better pick or something else otherwise take this deal and run

Old
03-04-2014, 09:23 AM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I think you're influenced by the fact that you're posting on a board with intelligent die hard and me (self-deprecation FTW!). But all jokes aside, you have to remember that it's the casual fans that count and I bet most will be pissed if they guy the Garden and national media tried to promote as the next Messier will get traded. I remember when Rupp got traded for Powe how many people on facebook were upset that we traded that useless POS. I know Powe didn't do much, but at least he wasn't a snail and could kill penalties.
Snow - not true at all. You're right. I don't get to games much and I (like the board) see the team for what it is. I am starting to envy the cities that are allowed to ice a hockey team and not a business. Color me naive.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:24 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

Plus if Shero is as aggressive on Kesler as he is reported to be...if you're the Canucks you have to do everything you can to push that.

Really gonna suck having to hate Kesler...but I will find a way.

03-04-2014, 09:24 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
If this is what Tampa is asking for, I take this in a second. I really like Hagelin, but I really do only see him as a very good 3rd line or adequate second line winger at best.

He is another player who similar to Callahan put's in more effort then anyone, and has incredible speed and plays well defensively. Just don't see him developing that killer instinct on offense to really become a top 6 player.

This proposal made me think for a second, but not long enough so likely Tampa would need a better pick or something else otherwise take this deal and run
What is the rumored deal?

Old
03-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I don't think he ever said it would be Cally - at least not on Twitter. Did he connect the two when he discussed it on his show?
I'm pretty sure he said 1 for 1 MSL for Cally on the show.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:27 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
What is the rumored deal?
Rumor per Dagoon last night was Hagelin, Kristo, 1st/2nd

Old
03-04-2014, 09:27 AM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
They chase that blockbuster at every trade deadline and it doesn't seem to be working.

Most teams if they are in a playoff hunt are looking for a blockbuster every deadline. Look at Pittsburgh, St Louis, Boston, LA, somethimes they help sometimes not so much. It is a risk that goes with every sport except football really.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I heard that, too, and I wonder if the issue is with the Canucks organization or with the Canadian media.
Canucks org. Both know that it is best for them to part ways. That team is getting blown up. Edler, Luongo won't be there next year. They need to turnover 8-9 forwards.

I'd say buyer beware, the guy is not the same he was a few years ago. But he fills a huge need on the Rangers.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Most teams if they are in a playoff hunt are looking for a blockbuster every deadline. Look at Pittsburgh, St Louis, Boston, LA, somethimes they help sometimes not so much. It is a risk that goes with every sport except football really.
The Rangers are in no position to participate in some sort of arms race in the name of keeping up with competitors.

They need to worry about themselves.

The prospect pool is thin as it is. We are going to start trading younger roster players for these guys that have been made available at the deadline?

Old
03-04-2014, 09:34 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The Rangers are in no position to participate in some sort of arms race in the name of keeping up with competitors.

They need to worry about themselves.

The prospect pool is thin as it is. We are going to start trading younger roster players for these guys that have been made available at the deadline?
The Clowe deal was amazingly irresponsible.

03-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Canucks org. Both know that it is best for them to part ways. That team is getting blown up. Edler, Luongo won't be there next year. They need to turnover 8-9 forwards.

I'd say buyer beware, the guy is not the same he was a few years ago. But he fills a huge need on the Rangers.
This "hey, hes better than what we got" mentality has got to stop.

The Rangers keep applying band-aids to the most important positions on the ice.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Nash Money

I read that Dreger noted the Canes may be trying to cut payroll and mentioned Jordan Staal as potentially on the move. A) Good for Marc staying past his current contract. B) What would it take to get Jordan? C) If they're not set on keeping all the Staals for themselves, any chance we could pry Eric? My instinct is no, and that he'll remain there for his career, but that would finally get us the 1C we've all been craving.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The Clowe deal was amazingly irresponsible.
Totally,

That team couldn't have been defeated in 5 games in the 2nd round without Clowe? Hell, they basically did because Clowe was a broken down mess. But its "only" a couple of draft picks

Old
03-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Not exactly true, the Pens chase the biggest name available. Other teams try to strengthen a position of weakness. Yes, sometimes it's a blockbuster, but most savvy GM's of contending teams don't always make the biggest deal possible.

Old
03-04-2014, 09:39 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Rumor per Dagoon last night was Hagelin, Kristo, 1st/2nd
Whoa, I can really live with that. Especially if we move Callahan for a pick.

Closed Thread