HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade / Roster Speculation Thread XXIX: Down To The Wire

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2014, 09:39 AM
  #326
Blueblood 2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
I don't get it. I thought Kesler did not want to play for Alain Vigneault again.


That was before he played for Torts. He now views AV as a Saint!

Blueblood 2 is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:40 AM
  #327
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This "hey, hes better than what we got" mentality has got to stop.

The Rangers keep applying band-aids to the most important positions on the ice.
This might be one hell of a deadline:

Hagelin, Kristo, 2nd for MSL

Brassard, Fast, 1st for Kesler.


Only piece I'd miss would be Hagelin... I don't few the other assets as winners, and the Rangers have enough depth from the prospects they attained last off season. (Duke, Buch, Donnay, Allen)

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:40 AM
  #328
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
I read that Dreger noted the Canes may be trying to cut payroll and mentioned Jordan Staal as potentially on the move. A) Good for Marc staying past his current contract. B) What would it take to get Jordan? C) If they're not set on keeping all the Staals for themselves, any chance we could pry Eric? My instinct is no, and that he'll remain there for his career, but that would finally get us the 1C we've all been craving.
Would obviously prefer Eric, but he would take a huge package which I don't think the Rangers should be offering.

Jordan, I would make a significant offer for. This season should make his value more reasonable. He would make Marc easier to resign. And even of he stays lets say a 50 point guy he is the perfect defensive center to pair with guys like Step and Brassard. He would help to alter the mix.

That is a move I would be down with.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:42 AM
  #329
Conine
Registered User
 
Conine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
I read that Dreger noted the Canes may be trying to cut payroll and mentioned Jordan Staal as potentially on the move. A) Good for Marc staying past his current contract. B) What would it take to get Jordan? C) If they're not set on keeping all the Staals for themselves, any chance we could pry Eric? My instinct is no, and that he'll remain there for his career, but that would finally get us the 1C we've all been craving.
I hate J. Staal's contract in regards to the level of player he is. 10 years at 6 per will have us kicking and screaming in a few years.

Conine is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:43 AM
  #330
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
This might be one hell of a deadline:

Hagelin, Kristo, 2nd for MSL

Brassard, Fast, 1st for Kesler.


Only piece I'd miss would be Hagelin... I don't few the other assets as winners, and the Rangers have enough depth from the prospects they attained last off season. (Duke, Buch, Donnay, Allen)
Thats a throwaway line to your point, which it shouldn't be.


Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 03-04-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: NATD
Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:43 AM
  #331
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,969
vCash: 500
I know they're looking for a center, but I wonder if Callahan, Kristo, 2nd rounder gets it done for Kesler. Reunites Callahan and Torts, Kesler and AV (is that okay?). But no way VAN trades Kesler for a rental Callahan...

Opens a hole on RW for the Rangers, too. Could move Richie back to LW, and swap Hagelin to RW? I don't know if we've done that with Hagelin, though.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Richie - Kesler - Hagelin
Pou - Brassard - Zucc
Carcillo/Dorsett - Moore - Boyle

I'd go to war with that team.

silverfish is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:44 AM
  #332
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
This might be one hell of a deadline:

Hagelin, Kristo, 2nd for MSL

Brassard, Fast, 1st for Kesler.


Only piece I'd miss would be Hagelin... I don't few the other assets as winners, and the Rangers have enough depth from the prospects they attained last off season. (Duke, Buch, Donnay, Allen)
I can't agree that trading two young solid roster players, two of our top forward prospects and our two top picks is a good idea under most circumstances.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:44 AM
  #333
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conine View Post
I hate J. Staal's contract in regards to the level of player he is. 10 years at 6 per will have us kicking and screaming in a few years.
10 years is rough no doubt. But I would much rather play a shut down center who can chip in 40-60 points than Ryan Callahan. Staal could be a cornerstone for an elite 3rd line. He's over his head trying to anchor a 2nd line which he wouldn't need to do with the Rangers.

Build an elite defensive 3rd line around Hagelin-Staal. Your Bergeron line. Let Brassard and Stepan anchor 2 offensive units. That's a better foundation.

HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:45 AM
  #334
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Rumor per Dagoon last night was Hagelin, Kristo, 1st/2nd
To be clear, the reported deal was Hagelin, Kristo and a 2nd for MSL and a prospect coming back. And I believe he speculated that he couldn't see the deal going down unless the Rangers upped the offer to a 1st.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:46 AM
  #335
Conine
Registered User
 
Conine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
10 years is rough no doubt. But I would much rather play a shut down center who can chip in 40-60 points than Ryan Callahan. Staal could be a cornerstone for an elite 3rd line. He's over his head trying to anchor a 2nd line which he wouldn't need to do with the Rangers.
I completely agree with that notion. No question about it.

Conine is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:46 AM
  #336
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Ill go on record as saying I'd much rather have the Rangers sign Callahan for 6/$36M than start spinning multiple assets off for the likes of Kesler and Martin St. Louis.

...and this is coming from someone who wants Callahan traded.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:47 AM
  #337
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I can't agree that trading two young solid roster players, two of our top forward prospects and our two top picks is a good idea under most circumstances.
Especially for a breaking down Kesler and a 38 year old player.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:48 AM
  #338
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,202
vCash: 500
I'd stay away from Kesler, don't mind the idea of MSL.

None the less I just hope we see some action today around the league, and if we make a solid move or two I'll be ok with that too. Don't see us staying pat, I think AV has identified his needs.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:49 AM
  #339
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
To be clear, the reported deal was Hagelin, Kristo and a 2nd for MSL and a prospect coming back. And I believe he speculated that he couldn't see the deal going down unless the Rangers upped the offer to a 1st.
Yea good clarfication. You are correct. That is why I noted 1st/2nd but I forgot the prospect coming back.

HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:49 AM
  #340
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
This might be one hell of a deadline:

Hagelin, Kristo, 2nd for MSL

Brassard, Fast, 1st for Kesler.


Only piece I'd miss would be Hagelin... I don't few the other assets as winners, and the Rangers have enough depth from the prospects they attained last off season. (Duke, Buch, Donnay, Allen)
See, this is what I was talking about with the MSL deal. On its face, if you can get it done for just those assets, it's very appealing value.

But I don't think it gets us over the hump. And then it leads to this Kesler deal. And then to re-signing Cally. And to keeping Richards. Increasingly ugly dominoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I can't agree that trading two young solid roster players, two of our top forward prospects and our two top picks is a good idea under most circumstances.
Seriously. We'd be exactly where Vancouver is now inside of two years.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:49 AM
  #341
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
BTW former TB GM Brian Lawton said that MSL wanted to play for NYR back in 2009. He said his suspicions were that Torts was trying to recruit him back them when TB was terrible. Lawton had to go out of his way to prevent it back then.

Lawton said it had more to do with playing for NYR and only the NYR to he can be close to his family.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:50 AM
  #342
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
BTW former TB GM Brian Lawton said that MSL wanted to play for NYR back in 2009. He said his suspicions were that Torts was trying to recruit him back them when TB was terrible. Lawton had to go out of his way to prevent it back then.

Lawton said it had more to do with playing for NYR and only the NYR to he can be close to his family.
Yet, MSL re-upped with Tampa in 2011.

As Dreger stated yesterday "Who cares what St. Louis wants?"

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:51 AM
  #343
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,163
vCash: 243
Quote:
Renaud Lavoie ‏@LavoieRenaud 1m
Big day for Ryan Callahan and the Rangers. Goal is to have a deal in place today. If not, a trade will be really possible. #tvasports
Hmmmm.

__________________
Raspewtin is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:52 AM
  #344
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thats a throwaway line to your point, which it shouldn't be.
why was the post edited by a mod... Now the BRB's response doesn't make sense.


Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 03-04-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Feel free to ask me in a PM. Thanks.
Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:53 AM
  #345
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Especially for a breaking down Kesler and a 38 year old player.
Kesler I worry about .... MSL NO, zero concerns.

GregSirico is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:53 AM
  #346
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Aww boo why was the post edited by a mod... Now the BRB's response doesn't make sense.
I'll word it a little differently.

I called your attempt to just throw names out there and attempt to pass it off as depth as false.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:54 AM
  #347
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yet, MSL re-upped with Tampa in 2011.

As Dreger stated yesterday "Who cares what St. Louis wants?"
He had to be convinced otherwise... explains why he was so up in arms about it... he signed at a discount rate too.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:54 AM
  #348
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I don't think he ever said it would be Cally - at least not on Twitter. Did he connect the two when he discussed it on his show?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
I'm pretty sure he said 1 for 1 MSL for Cally on the show.
He 100% did. If it doesn't go down in some form of Cally/MSL deal then he was wrong on that much and should be criticized for it. He still however got the ball rolling on MSL to begin with, so it's not like he will look completely discredited. Just that his source isn't always going to be 100% accurate.

__________________

rip
Ail is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:54 AM
  #349
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I'll word it a little differently.

I called your attempt to just throw names out there and attempt to pass it off as depth as false.
Thank you for sharing for feelings.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-04-2014, 09:54 AM
  #350
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Kesler I worry about .... MSL NO, zero concerns.
I dont think this Kesler stuff is real considering I doubt they'd be interested in Brassard as a centerpiece and Kesler cant stand AV. Seems much more likely the Rangers are trying to drive up the price on Pitt.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.