HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Larrivee to Hamilton

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 06:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Larrivee to Hamilton

The Hamilton Bulldogs have recalled LW/C Christain Larrivee from Columbus Cottonmouths of the ECHL.

I'm shocked and completely stunned that Larrivee is called up over Thinel who is on fire with 8 points in the last 4 or so games. He's one of the top scorers on the team, while missing a number of games early in the season while in Hamilton. Doesn't make sense to me. I assume it's cause they are short on centers, and want Larrivee for insurance, but it's good for Larrivee who's playing in his first pro season to get a taste of the AHL.

Check ECHL.com or this pdf file.

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic....&cat=1&id=1919

Old
02-03-2004, 09:13 PM
obcd1

Isn't Larrivée a center and Thinel a winger? This might be the reason

Old
02-03-2004, 09:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcd1
Isn't Larrivée a center and Thinel a winger? This might be the reason

He was a center that but was moved to LW. He may still play some center, and that could be the reason.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:32 PM
RE-HABS

Larrivee is younger and has more of a future in the Montreal organization over Thinel. Bring up the promising kids, not the ones you know you are letting go. Plus stats alone don't get you noticed...over all play and every game dedication and 100% effort does more.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:36 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Larrivee is younger and has more of a future in the Montreal organization over Thinel. Bring up the promising kids, not the ones you know you are letting go. Plus stats alone don't get you noticed...over all play and every game dedication and 100% effort does more.
well if you have many points you must be doing something right

Old
02-03-2004, 09:46 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
well if you have many points you must be doing something right
It's the ECHL, you still need to know how to play defensively to help out in other areas. Thinel has been brutal in the AHL and doesn't offer much if he can't contribute offensively.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS

Before I would have agreed, even though I'm not very high on either player, but with the way Thinel has played this year (I haven't seen any games, but I have listened to a few on the radio) he has been creating a lot of offense and has been working hard. Larrivee for the most part has not be creating that much, which is why I am surprised to see him get called up as the organization seems to be going with the reward for your efforts type of callups. P

Old
02-03-2004, 09:51 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Before I would have agreed, even though I'm not very high on either player, but with the way Thinel has played this year (I haven't seen any games, but I have listened to a few on the radio) he has been creating a lot of offense and has been working hard. Larrivee for the most part has not be creating that much, which is why I am surprised to see him get called up as the organization seems to be going with the reward for your efforts type of callups. P
There are ECHL games on radio?!?!

Old
02-03-2004, 10:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
There are ECHL games on radio?!?!

Every game I've tried to listen to has been on. The only problem is that the feed for Columbus never works, so I have to listen to the other teams feed, but you don't get the homer annoucners that way. The ECHL all star game was on the other day, but no Habs played. Charles Linglet looked good, and was loaned to Utah of the AHL a few games after the all stars. (he's a FA this summer I believe)

Goto ECHL.com under broadcast.

I have listened to all kinds of ECHL, AHL, NCAA, WHL, Q games on the net. the net rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
02-03-2004, 10:04 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Every game I've tried to listen to has been on. The only problem is that the feed for Columbus never works, so I have to listen to the other teams feed, but you don't get the homer annoucners that way. The ECHL all star game was on the other day, but no Habs played. Charles Linglet looked good, and was loaned to Utah of the AHL a few games after the all stars. (he's a FA this summer I believe)

Goto ECHL.com under broadcast.

I have listened to all kinds of ECHL, AHL, NCAA, WHL, Q games on the net. the net rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to listen to a lot of hockey but since the Laval Titans are gone I don't listen as much as I used to. Each year I don't know half of the prospects at the draft but I am working on this since last year with the help of this board.

Closed Thread