HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Prospect Stats and Discussion - Part 2 - Updated March 25th

Old
03-01-2014, 11:45 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

vCash: 500
Chase with 3 assists today.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Hugo Stiglitz

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson624 View Post
Jordan Eberle draft +1 61gp 35 39 74
Greg Chase draft +1 63gp 31 45 76
Add to the fact that he’s already listed between 6- 6’1 195-205 and known for his physicality/grit AND he’s a centre, I think that there’s a chance that he could be a legit top 6 player. Just imagine us with 6’1 215 pound centre putting up 50-60 points a year.
I'm excited about him too, but I'm keeping my expectations low at least until he's played in the AHL. We've been burned by too many prospects who looked good in junior.

Hugo Stiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:11 AM
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!

Here is a link to the highlights from the game:

http://www.oilkings.ca/article/oil-k...tle-of-alberta

Chases assist in the second Hitmen goal was brilliant and exactly what I am talking about in my long praising of Chase a few posts back. Moroz' goal was a nice finesse move as well good to see his touch around the net.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 06:08 AM
LTIR

Lander with 3 assists on Fri and 2 on Sat

Arco 1G,1A on Fri .. 1G,2A on saturday

LTIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 10:26 AM
dem

Nurse has only had 10pim since the start of January.
2 minutes in all of February.

I think he took the Canadian criticism as a challenge or something..

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 12:16 PM
rockinghockey

If Gagner gets traded at the deadline they should give Lander a shot as the 2C. What can it hurt? He has been playing well and we know he is better that Gagner playing defense and take faceoffs.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post

Or he's gone soft on us. Trade him.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
If Gagner gets traded at the deadline they should give Lander a shot as the 2C. What can it hurt? He has been playing well and we know he is better that Gagner playing defense and take faceoffs.
Is he even playing C in OKC? He seems to be on Arco's line of late.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post

I'm glad Nurse didn't make that team TBH.

He's got a winners attitude and he took the snub personally as motivation to get better. It'll help him in the long run because he's the type to improve rather than pout and feel sorry for himself.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would also give Horak a look

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Backhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Is he even playing C in OKC? He seems to be on Arco's line of late.
The game I watched had Lander centering Pitlick and Fyten with Acro centering Horak and Ford

Backhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 01:54 PM
40oz

I remember reading about how Horaks offensive production jumped up once they moved him to lw

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Add to the fact that he’s already listed between 6- 6’1 195-205 and known for his physicality/grit AND he’s a centre, I think that there’s a chance that he could be a legit top 6 player. Just imagine us with 6’1 215 pound centre putting up 50-60 points a year.
Yikes, I love Greg Chase and think he has a very good chance at becoming an impact bottom 6 forward for us, but how about we cool off with the expectations. Even though they have similar stats, Eberle was a more cerebral player and just knew exactly where to be always, not to mention a better shot including his deadly backhand. His offensive tools translates much more easily to the NHL than Chase's which rely more on teammates to get the job done.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I'm glad Nurse didn't make that team TBH.

He's got a winners attitude and he took the snub personally as motivation to get better. It'll help him in the long run because he's the type to improve rather than pout and feel sorry for himself.
I'm glad Nurse didn't make that team simply because of how much of a cesspool that team was, just an awful environment. Then again, it gives him practice for the joke that is the Edmonton Oilers organization.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Curtis Hamilton had 82 points in 62 games following his draft year. As others have pointed out, we really need to see how these guys do at the next level.

At this point after so many players who look promising in juniors have completely fallen flat... their production their sort of is meaningless.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Yikes, I love Greg Chase and think he has a very good chance at becoming an impact bottom 6 forward for us, but how about we cool off with the expectations. Even though they have similar stats, Eberle was a more cerebral player and just knew exactly where to be always, not to mention a better shot including his deadly backhand. His offensive tools translates much more easily to the NHL than Chase's which rely more on teammates to get the job done.
And the Hitmen are easily a much stronger team now than the Pats were during Eberle's tenure there.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 06:34 PM
dem

Arco with 19 points in 9 games down in okc

I guess he wants Gagners spot..

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Hugo Stiglitz

vCash: 325
Davidson got 2 goals today in a 6-5 win over the Rampage.

Hugo Stiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 07:29 PM
40oz

Nurse and co. lost 4-3 in a shootout today, he was pointless but did drop the gloves for the first time since before xmas.

He actually looks small fighting 6'7 Justin Auger.

edit: video, not much happens

Platzer missed his game today, suspected food poisoning.
No points for Marco Roy who's production has been really disappointing since coming back from injury.

Last edited by 40oz: 03-03-2014 at 11:06 AM.
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 09:55 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
ive seen greg chase play a lot in calgary and he is nothing like eberle was in jr. chase gets gritty goals and scores from the hard areas. Chase will imo end up like an Ethan Moreau type that scored alot in junior but is 3rd line tops potential. not that he isnt a very usefull player but he isnt an offensive dynamo.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 04:32 PM
bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
ive seen greg chase play a lot in calgary and he is nothing like eberle was in jr. chase gets gritty goals and scores from the hard areas. Chase will imo end up like an Ethan Moreau type that scored alot in junior but is 3rd line tops potential. not that he isnt a very usefull player but he isnt an offensive dynamo.
Not having seen either him or Brodziak at the junior level, I do see similarities in how they've produced at the junior level and draft position. Any chance we have a Brodziak here in the opinions of those who have seen both while in junior?

bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Curtis Hamilton had 82 points in 62 games following his draft year. As others have pointed out, we really need to see how these guys do at the next level.

At this point after so many players who look promising in juniors have completely fallen flat... their production their sort of is meaningless.
I've gotten to the point where the only time I care about a guys junior production is when it falls or stays stagnant. Junior points going up year to year happens to numerous players, keeping it up at the next level is another story.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Tw0Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I've gotten to the point where the only time I care about a guys junior production is when it falls or stays stagnant. Junior points going up year to year happens to numerous players, keeping it up at the next level is another story.
I think people are just excited because a 7th round pick is out producing all of our other draft picks. That being said, there are other guys that do that, like Josh Nicholls (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116743) and they don't pan out. A 7th round pick doesn't get too many shots at making it, but better than not producing at all.

Tw0Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 12:36 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone View Post
Not having seen either him or Brodziak at the junior level, I do see similarities in how they've produced at the junior level and draft position. Any chance we have a Brodziak here in the opinions of those who have seen both while in junior?
you could say they are similar, broziak was never overly physical and pretty even keeled guy mentally. Chase is not he is closer to Perron in the way that he gets under everyones skin, he isnt afraid to fight and likes to engage physically. he isnt as skilled as perron but he can agitate, broziak didnt ever.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 08:34 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw0Shoes View Post
I think people are just excited because a 7th round pick is out producing all of our other draft picks. That being said, there are other guys that do that, like Josh Nicholls (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116743) and they don't pan out. A 7th round pick doesn't get too many shots at making it, but better than not producing at all.
I know nothing of Nicholls or what kind of prospect he was. But one thing to keep in mind is Chase was projected to go in the late 2nd/ early 3rd. So he wasn't really a true 7th rounder. He was getting praised pre draft by guys like Pronman, and post draft a complete draft reviews online stated he could maybe be the biggest draft steal

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote