HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Rangers make the playoffs...

Old
02-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Huet out indefintely, Kovalev out 3 weeks, Rangers playoff chances looking better...

i know ive been one of the most vocal people about the rangers not having a chance in hell of making the playoffs, but the odds just got a heck of a lot better with these 2 out.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:29 PM
BroadwayBlair

Yeah Montreal's skid/injuries are definately gonna help the rangers chances of post season play, we just gotta hope the rangers keep this winning trend and maybe a team like carolina or toronto starts to trail off as well

BroadwayBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i know ive been one of the most vocal people about the rangers not having a chance in hell of making the playoffs, but the odds just got a heck of a lot better with these 2 out.
I was watching the game where Doc and Chico - take it for what it's worth - believed that Huet pulled his hamstring. It looked rather akward, and I thought that he was just grimacing after letting in a goal like that. But it look like he tried to jump up out of a squat to attempt to make the save on that Rafalski wrist shot, and that's why I think they believe he pulled his hammy.

The Huet injury hurts the team, the Kovalev injury helps the team, if you ask me. The reason I say that is because it gives more icetime to hungrier, harder-working, more defensively responsible players who play Montreal's type of game. Kovalev is lost there. He doesn't play defensively at all, he's lazy, and he's definitely not in Guy Carbonneau's favor. Oh yeah, and on top of that, he doesn't score. If I'm a coach, I can TRY TO forget about all of the other crap if a player scores.

Huet is obviously the key there.

As for the Devils fans... how classless. A "Marty's Better" chant when the guy is leaving the game because of an injury. I'm not a fan of Huet or the Canadiens, but that was just an act of classlessness. A friend of mine who posts on the Isles board said the same thing, and mentioned that it wouldn't happen if Hank or DP were to get injured in a Ranger/Islander game.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
As for the Devils fans... how classless. A "Marty's Better" chant when the guy is leaving the game because of an injury. I'm not a fan of Huet or the Canadiens, but that was just an act of classlessness. A friend of mine who posts on the Isles board said the same thing, and mentioned that it wouldn't happen if Hank or DP were to get injured in a Ranger/Islander game.
WOW that is pretty classless, but I would think it was more so the casual fans rather than the die-hards,either way however, thats pathetic. I dont care who it is, you dont mock an injured player!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Things my not get more bad than they are. We lost several games WITH Huet and Kovalev in the lineup. In fact, we are several who doubt Kovalev is injuried. We believe he asked for a trade.

Plus Halak is moving with the club. A rookie goaltender who had an increadible season in the AHL... last time Habs did that move was in 1986.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post

Comeon man. You KNOW there'd definately be a DIPI SUCKS chant.

Old
02-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Comeon man. You KNOW there'd definately be a DIPI SUCKS chant.
I don't think so. Rangers fans can be as bad as they get, but I've never known them to jeer a truly injured player.

As for the Habs, I hope they make the playoffs along with the Rangers, they're my second favourite team. Things are looking really bad for them right now, though.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote