HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line-mates for Forsberg?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
  #51
The refs love me
Registered User
 
The refs love me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
bitter\jealous fans who want to rant about forsberg
Hardly. I wouldn't want a aging forward with a gimp ankle. Plus I have a pretty dynamic team to watch myself anyway.

In all seriousness, I don't understand the move. I don't get why you'd mess with the chemistry on the best team in the league. Especially with a guy who's spent a lot of time injured the last couple years.

The refs love me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 01:55 PM
  #52
Ti-girl
Registered User
 
Ti-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Merida, Mexico
Country: Mexico
Posts: 7,913
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoobFan_12 View Post
Hardly. I wouldn't want a aging forward with a gimp ankle. Plus I have a pretty dynamic team to watch myself anyway.

In all seriousness, I don't understand the move. I don't get why you'd mess with the chemistry on the best team in the league. Especially with a guy who's spent a lot of time injured the last couple years.
Yeah since we gave up such important roster players.

Upshall who has played 14 games...and Parent, who has played 0 games and is injured himself.

Way to screw up the chemistry between our prospects and farm team Poile! DAMN YOU!

__________________
"I channeled my inner Morneau, took the stick and hit the mother****** to the moooon!"
Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 01:58 PM
  #53
The refs love me
Registered User
 
The refs love me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Well, with any luck it'll work out and you guys will do something in the playoffs. Then check back with me next season when he jumps ship and heads elsewhere.

The refs love me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:02 PM
  #54
Ti-girl
Registered User
 
Ti-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Merida, Mexico
Country: Mexico
Posts: 7,913
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoobFan_12 View Post
Well, with any luck it'll work out and you guys will do something in the playoffs. Then check back with me next season when he jumps ship and heads elsewhere.
Honestly, if the Preds DIDN'T make this move and got outed people are going to ask themselves if they could have won the cup with Forsberg.

Now that they did people are going to ask if they could have won the cup WITHOUT Forsberg.

No one from Nashville or any of their fans want to look back, 5 -10 years from now and ask "What if"

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
  #55
The refs love me
Registered User
 
The refs love me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
Honestly, if the Preds DIDN'T make this move and got outed people are going to ask themselves if they could have won the cup with Forsberg.

Now that they did people are going to ask if they could have won the cup WITHOUT Forsberg.

No one from Nashville or any of their fans want to look back, 5 -10 years from now and ask "What if"
I'll give you that. We've been down that road many a year with the Pens. At least this season, we all pretty much thought they were going to struggle, so this season is a nice surprise. And I guess win or lose, no one is going to wonder if Scottie Upshall was the main key to it all.

Admittedly, I wasn't aware that Upshall wasn't really playing so, just adding a player of Forsberg's caliber isn't a bad thing. I hope he does well for you and now that he's off the Flyers, I can pull for him again...

Plus anything to keep the Wings out of the Cup is OK by me.

The refs love me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM
  #56
Crazyhorse
Registered User
 
Crazyhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Can we just sticky a "bitter\jealous fans who want to rant about forsberg" thread?
Probably the best post in the thread. That would spare alot of OT-talk.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:19 PM
  #57
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2
 
UBCsalmonslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver/Nanaimo BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Alright what about this

kariya-Legwand-Erat
Sullivan-Forsberg-Radulov
Hartnell-Arnott-Dumont
I don't see how Trotz can break up the Sully/Arnott/Dumont line... it's been dynamite the last few weeks.

And I think Erat and Kariya would be outstanding with Forsberg... we'll see soon enough, because by all reports that's the Preds first line tomorrow (don't think Forsberg will be ready to go tonight against the blues)

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:48 PM
  #58
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,484
vCash: 500
Its tough, you don't want to breakup the lines too much but you want to make Forsberg as effective as possible.

Kariya - Arnott - Erat
Sullivan - Forsberg - Dumont
Hartnell - Legwand - Radulov
Fiddler/Smithson - Nichol - Tootoo/Hordichuk

I feel bad for Legwand if he's "demoted" as he's been having a terrific year. But I don't think anyone on this team cares. They have a goal this season and its not an individual one.

I have a hard time seeing the Sullivan, Arnott and Dumont line broken up but who knows.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:55 PM
  #59
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Its tough, you don't want to breakup the lines too much but you want to make Forsberg as effective as possible.

Kariya - Arnott - Erat
Sullivan - Forsberg - Dumont
Hartnell - Legwand - Radulov
Fiddler/Smithson - Nichol - Tootoo/Hordichuk

I feel bad for Legwand if he's "demoted" as he's been having a terrific year. But I don't think anyone on this team cares. They have a goal this season and its not an individual one.

I have a hard time seeing the Sullivan, Arnott and Dumont line broken up but who knows.
I have to disagree with the lines ... the S-A-D line stays together as does the E-L-K line ... we've been talking about third line scoring center ... well we've got one without ****in' with top two line chemistry

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Hartnell - Forsberg - Radulov

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
  #60
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
I have to disagree with the lines ... the S-A-D line stays together as does the E-L-K line ... we've been talking about third line scoring center ... well we've got one without ****in' with top two line chemistry

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Hartnell - Forsberg - Radulov
Yeah I know, we've all suggested Forsberg on the third line, I was just trying to see how things would look moving him around. I don't want to mess with the first two lines chemistry. Regardless of the line he's on, Forsberg should be playing with two good ones (unless Trotz starts juggling...).

I like the idea of slowly moving him into the lineup. We can afford to give him a bit less of ice time than he had in Philly.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 03:06 PM
  #61
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,484
vCash: 500
I could get used to hearing Forsberg to Sullivan HE SCORES.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 03:07 PM
  #62
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,716
vCash: 500
someone needs to make a sign for tomorrow night ... don't **** with chemistry Trotz ... aka leave the top two lines alone!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:23 PM
  #63
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
The question then becomes why put two big bodies on the same line?
Actually dumont isn't small either. That was the purpose, those guys together are all bigger bodies and can cycle the puck well.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 05:39 PM
  #64
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2
 
UBCsalmonslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver/Nanaimo BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
I have to disagree with the lines ... the S-A-D line stays together as does the E-L-K line ... we've been talking about third line scoring center ... well we've got one without ****in' with top two line chemistry

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Hartnell - Forsberg - Radulov
I think this is option 1a, while swapping Forsberg with Legwand is option 1b... Trotz will try these two combinations before all others most likely. That is one HELL of a third line

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 08:18 PM
  #65
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
according avs fans, forsberg and kariya played maybe three games together.

and there's no guarantees that they'll even play together here.
That's true, but in the games they did play together, and the few shifts they had together in other games, they just seemed to be on completely different pages. That's not saying they won't be able to gel this time around though. That was just an off year all around for Kariya.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post



How did they get Crosby as well?
I'd take a healthy Forsberg for the playoffs over Crosby any day of the week. I think you'd be stupid not to, especially given Crosby's lack of experience in that area, and Peter's annual dominance there. Of course I'm not doubting Crosby's ability to match or better Pete's performance, but at this point, I think you'd have to go with Forsberg.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 03:19 AM
  #66
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I'd take a healthy Forsberg for the playoffs over Crosby any day of the week. I think you'd be stupid not to, especially given Crosby's lack of experience in that area, and Peter's annual dominance there. Of course I'm not doubting Crosby's ability to match or better Pete's performance, but at this point, I think you'd have to go with Forsberg.
There was no talk about the playoffs or so. He just said that Forsberg was the best player in hockey. He is probably a top10 player, but not much more than that.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:39 AM
  #67
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,966
vCash: 500
honsetly any line that he is on will do well. we put him with the Fridge and Eager and they were cycling and getting a lot of shots on net. what i think you guys should do is look at what Carloina did and try and sstick with that. you will see quicly that he will be your top line guy.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 01:02 PM
  #68
Tom.H
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
I think getting Forsberg was a great move, especially sinse you didn't really have to give all that much to get him.
Even if he doesn't play all that much because of injury, I don't see your play dropping off. As it is, you have given yourselves a better chance at the cup this year.
Just look at the importance of Pronger on the Oilers last year. You guys are better than that team even when they had Pronger.
I am a Vancouver fan and to be quite frank, I am glad that we didn't get him being as what we would have to have given up to get him. We would have had to give up a few good foster players as well as picks.
We might have been a bit better, but not to the extent that Forsberg makes you guys better.
Good luck.

Tom.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:28 PM
  #69
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,484
vCash: 500
I'm all for changing things up now. Our chemistry has been gone for a long time now. You would think the Forsberg trade would be a good enough shake up to the team...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:26 PM
  #70
vopatsrash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 578
vCash: 500
Looking back, I didn't like the whole "let's not put forsberg with the young players because they'll be in awe" strategy. They disrupted 2 lines in doing so. I'd rather have one line out of sync than two.

I think when you have the top 9 that we currently have, we now have 3 first lines and a 4th line. Ego has to go out the door and any designation of a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd line has to go out the door. I think they should pair everyone up based on how people's skills complement each other. The line that clicks on a given night gets the minutes and becomes "the first line."

I'm no coach so what do I know, but as a fan I'd like to see Forsberg, Radulov, and Hartnell. Let them build a chemistry while the ELK line and the Arnott line do their normal thing. I can envision Forsberg (through passing/puck control) and Hartnell (through crashing the net/screening) creating the space that Radulov hasn't had lately to succeed.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:49 PM
  #71
Crazyhorse
Registered User
 
Crazyhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
Ive been doing some thinkin... and i have to agree, he should be playing with Radulov and Hartnell. Let him play with Kariya and Erat, one or two more games, and if it doesn't pay off, put him in the "Third-line". The amount of ice-time wouldn't need to get lower, since all the three lines would be competitive and dangerous, but you would most certainly need to compensate Forsberg on the powerplay, he should be logging atleast 18-20 minutes a game, and a large part of it, on the pp.

There is plenty of time, but losing the division wouldn't be good at all...

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:05 PM
  #72
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash View Post
I'm no coach so what do I know, but as a fan I'd like to see Forsberg, Radulov, and Hartnell. Let them build a chemistry while the ELK line and the Arnott line do their normal thing. I can envision Forsberg (through passing/puck control) and Hartnell (through crashing the net/screening) creating the space that Radulov hasn't had lately to succeed.
I understand what you are saying, but our first two lines haven't been doing their thing for a while now.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:42 PM
  #73
hdw
Registered User
 
hdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
Ive been doing some thinkin... and i have to agree, he should be playing with Radulov and Hartnell. Let him play with Kariya and Erat, one or two more games, and if it doesn't pay off, put him in the "Third-line". The amount of ice-time wouldn't need to get lower, since all the three lines would be competitive and dangerous, but you would most certainly need to compensate Forsberg on the powerplay, he should be logging atleast 18-20 minutes a game, and a large part of it, on the pp.

There is plenty of time, but losing the division wouldn't be good at all...
Yep, I think that would be a better fit.
And eventual lack of ice time doesn't have to be a bad thing.

He wasn't hired to get Preds to the play off, they where fully capable of doing that without him.
He was hired to add the experience of 162 pts in 139 play off games and help the team to win the Cup.

So let him take some time to gel.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:44 PM
  #74
Uppie101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Trotzy is not going to put Forsberg with Rads because Rads may light it up again and he would have to give the Kid more ice time. No going to happen...

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:46 PM
  #75
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
Trotzy is not going to put Forsberg with Rads because Rads may light it up again and he would have to give the Kid more ice time. No going to happen...
oh, please. you're right, it was age-bias that explained why "uppie" never got a proper shot.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.