HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line-mates for Forsberg?

Old
02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
The refs love me

vCash: 500
Quote:
bitter\jealous fans who want to rant about forsberg
Hardly. I wouldn't want a aging forward with a gimp ankle. Plus I have a pretty dynamic team to watch myself anyway.

In all seriousness, I don't understand the move. I don't get why you'd mess with the chemistry on the best team in the league. Especially with a guy who's spent a lot of time injured the last couple years.

The refs love me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoobFan_12 View Post
Hardly. I wouldn't want a aging forward with a gimp ankle. Plus I have a pretty dynamic team to watch myself anyway.

In all seriousness, I don't understand the move. I don't get why you'd mess with the chemistry on the best team in the league. Especially with a guy who's spent a lot of time injured the last couple years.
Yeah since we gave up such important roster players.

Upshall who has played 14 games...and Parent, who has played 0 games and is injured himself.

Way to screw up the chemistry between our prospects and farm team Poile! DAMN YOU!

02-16-2007, 01:58 PM
The refs love me

Well, with any luck it'll work out and you guys will do something in the playoffs. Then check back with me next season when he jumps ship and heads elsewhere.

Old
02-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoobFan_12 View Post
Well, with any luck it'll work out and you guys will do something in the playoffs. Then check back with me next season when he jumps ship and heads elsewhere.
Honestly, if the Preds DIDN'T make this move and got outed people are going to ask themselves if they could have won the cup with Forsberg.

Now that they did people are going to ask if they could have won the cup WITHOUT Forsberg.

No one from Nashville or any of their fans want to look back, 5 -10 years from now and ask "What if"

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
The refs love me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post
Honestly, if the Preds DIDN'T make this move and got outed people are going to ask themselves if they could have won the cup with Forsberg.

Now that they did people are going to ask if they could have won the cup WITHOUT Forsberg.

No one from Nashville or any of their fans want to look back, 5 -10 years from now and ask "What if"
I'll give you that. We've been down that road many a year with the Pens. At least this season, we all pretty much thought they were going to struggle, so this season is a nice surprise. And I guess win or lose, no one is going to wonder if Scottie Upshall was the main key to it all.

Admittedly, I wasn't aware that Upshall wasn't really playing so, just adding a player of Forsberg's caliber isn't a bad thing. I hope he does well for you and now that he's off the Flyers, I can pull for him again...

Plus anything to keep the Wings out of the Cup is OK by me.

Old
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Crazyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Can we just sticky a "bitter\jealous fans who want to rant about forsberg" thread?
Probably the best post in the thread. That would spare alot of OT-talk.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:19 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Alright what about this

kariya-Legwand-Erat
Sullivan-Forsberg-Radulov
Hartnell-Arnott-Dumont
I don't see how Trotz can break up the Sully/Arnott/Dumont line... it's been dynamite the last few weeks.

And I think Erat and Kariya would be outstanding with Forsberg... we'll see soon enough, because by all reports that's the Preds first line tomorrow (don't think Forsberg will be ready to go tonight against the blues)

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Jarnberg

Its tough, you don't want to breakup the lines too much but you want to make Forsberg as effective as possible.

Kariya - Arnott - Erat
Sullivan - Forsberg - Dumont
Hartnell - Legwand - Radulov
Fiddler/Smithson - Nichol - Tootoo/Hordichuk

I feel bad for Legwand if he's "demoted" as he's been having a terrific year. But I don't think anyone on this team cares. They have a goal this season and its not an individual one.

I have a hard time seeing the Sullivan, Arnott and Dumont line broken up but who knows.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Its tough, you don't want to breakup the lines too much but you want to make Forsberg as effective as possible.

Kariya - Arnott - Erat
Sullivan - Forsberg - Dumont
Hartnell - Legwand - Radulov
Fiddler/Smithson - Nichol - Tootoo/Hordichuk

I feel bad for Legwand if he's "demoted" as he's been having a terrific year. But I don't think anyone on this team cares. They have a goal this season and its not an individual one.

I have a hard time seeing the Sullivan, Arnott and Dumont line broken up but who knows.
I have to disagree with the lines ... the S-A-D line stays together as does the E-L-K line ... we've been talking about third line scoring center ... well we've got one without ****in' with top two line chemistry

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Hartnell - Forsberg - Radulov

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
I have to disagree with the lines ... the S-A-D line stays together as does the E-L-K line ... we've been talking about third line scoring center ... well we've got one without ****in' with top two line chemistry

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
Yeah I know, we've all suggested Forsberg on the third line, I was just trying to see how things would look moving him around. I don't want to mess with the first two lines chemistry. Regardless of the line he's on, Forsberg should be playing with two good ones (unless Trotz starts juggling...).

I like the idea of slowly moving him into the lineup. We can afford to give him a bit less of ice time than he had in Philly.

Old
02-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Jarnberg

I could get used to hearing Forsberg to Sullivan HE SCORES.

Old
02-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

someone needs to make a sign for tomorrow night ... don't **** with chemistry Trotz ... aka leave the top two lines alone!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The question then becomes why put two big bodies on the same line?
Actually dumont isn't small either. That was the purpose, those guys together are all bigger bodies and can cycle the puck well.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 05:39 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Quote:

Kariya - Legwand - Erat
I think this is option 1a, while swapping Forsberg with Legwand is option 1b... Trotz will try these two combinations before all others most likely. That is one HELL of a third line

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
according avs fans, forsberg and kariya played maybe three games together.

and there's no guarantees that they'll even play together here.
That's true, but in the games they did play together, and the few shifts they had together in other games, they just seemed to be on completely different pages. That's not saying they won't be able to gel this time around though. That was just an off year all around for Kariya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post

How did they get Crosby as well?
I'd take a healthy Forsberg for the playoffs over Crosby any day of the week. I think you'd be stupid not to, especially given Crosby's lack of experience in that area, and Peter's annual dominance there. Of course I'm not doubting Crosby's ability to match or better Pete's performance, but at this point, I think you'd have to go with Forsberg.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 03:19 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I'd take a healthy Forsberg for the playoffs over Crosby any day of the week. I think you'd be stupid not to, especially given Crosby's lack of experience in that area, and Peter's annual dominance there. Of course I'm not doubting Crosby's ability to match or better Pete's performance, but at this point, I think you'd have to go with Forsberg.
There was no talk about the playoffs or so. He just said that Forsberg was the best player in hockey. He is probably a top10 player, but not much more than that.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:39 AM
TheKingPin

honsetly any line that he is on will do well. we put him with the Fridge and Eager and they were cycling and getting a lot of shots on net. what i think you guys should do is look at what Carloina did and try and sstick with that. you will see quicly that he will be your top line guy.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Tom.H

I think getting Forsberg was a great move, especially sinse you didn't really have to give all that much to get him.
Even if he doesn't play all that much because of injury, I don't see your play dropping off. As it is, you have given yourselves a better chance at the cup this year.
Just look at the importance of Pronger on the Oilers last year. You guys are better than that team even when they had Pronger.
I am a Vancouver fan and to be quite frank, I am glad that we didn't get him being as what we would have to have given up to get him. We would have had to give up a few good foster players as well as picks.
We might have been a bit better, but not to the extent that Forsberg makes you guys better.
Good luck.

Tom.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Jarnberg

I'm all for changing things up now. Our chemistry has been gone for a long time now. You would think the Forsberg trade would be a good enough shake up to the team...

Old
02-18-2007, 01:26 PM
vopatsrash

Looking back, I didn't like the whole "let's not put forsberg with the young players because they'll be in awe" strategy. They disrupted 2 lines in doing so. I'd rather have one line out of sync than two.

I think when you have the top 9 that we currently have, we now have 3 first lines and a 4th line. Ego has to go out the door and any designation of a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd line has to go out the door. I think they should pair everyone up based on how people's skills complement each other. The line that clicks on a given night gets the minutes and becomes "the first line."

I'm no coach so what do I know, but as a fan I'd like to see Forsberg, Radulov, and Hartnell. Let them build a chemistry while the ELK line and the Arnott line do their normal thing. I can envision Forsberg (through passing/puck control) and Hartnell (through crashing the net/screening) creating the space that Radulov hasn't had lately to succeed.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Crazyhorse

Ive been doing some thinkin... and i have to agree, he should be playing with Radulov and Hartnell. Let him play with Kariya and Erat, one or two more games, and if it doesn't pay off, put him in the "Third-line". The amount of ice-time wouldn't need to get lower, since all the three lines would be competitive and dangerous, but you would most certainly need to compensate Forsberg on the powerplay, he should be logging atleast 18-20 minutes a game, and a large part of it, on the pp.

There is plenty of time, but losing the division wouldn't be good at all...

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash View Post
I'm no coach so what do I know, but as a fan I'd like to see Forsberg, Radulov, and Hartnell. Let them build a chemistry while the ELK line and the Arnott line do their normal thing. I can envision Forsberg (through passing/puck control) and Hartnell (through crashing the net/screening) creating the space that Radulov hasn't had lately to succeed.
I understand what you are saying, but our first two lines haven't been doing their thing for a while now.

Old
02-18-2007, 07:42 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
Ive been doing some thinkin... and i have to agree, he should be playing with Radulov and Hartnell. Let him play with Kariya and Erat, one or two more games, and if it doesn't pay off, put him in the "Third-line". The amount of ice-time wouldn't need to get lower, since all the three lines would be competitive and dangerous, but you would most certainly need to compensate Forsberg on the powerplay, he should be logging atleast 18-20 minutes a game, and a large part of it, on the pp.

There is plenty of time, but losing the division wouldn't be good at all...
Yep, I think that would be a better fit.
And eventual lack of ice time doesn't have to be a bad thing.

He wasn't hired to get Preds to the play off, they where fully capable of doing that without him.
He was hired to add the experience of 162 pts in 139 play off games and help the team to win the Cup.

So let him take some time to gel.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Uppie101

Trotzy is not going to put Forsberg with Rads because Rads may light it up again and he would have to give the Kid more ice time. No going to happen...

Uppie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:46 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppie101 View Post
Trotzy is not going to put Forsberg with Rads because Rads may light it up again and he would have to give the Kid more ice time. No going to happen...
oh, please. you're right, it was age-bias that explained why "uppie" never got a proper shot.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote