HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New lines according to Sam...

Old
02-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
ola...

somehow Prucha's fifth in goals on this team with 12. For a guy who averages less than 13 minutes per game, that actually isn't too bad. Every goal scorer disappears for stretches. What was Shanny's streak? One goal in 18 games whlie getting 5-6 minutes on the PP with Jagr and about 12-13 ES minutes per night? It happens.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 09:52 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Renney expects Prucha to score a goal every game.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 10:23 AM
94now

His fault or not Prucha had a bad season and as of now is being a loose piece Renney sticks everywhere in order to keep around. Ortmeyer is currently more effective than him. If not 4th line, then which? Time after time defenders beat him one-on-one. He is not hot scorer he was last year, so he is #1 candidate to be demoted being a great guy who understands and who acts responsibly. He is still useful around the net, but he cannot be as good as Hossa in the corners. Thus, 4th line with PP time. What's wrong with that? There is no one in right mind to put Dupuis on 4th... He must be played on top 6 since those lines don't get much coaching and he is fresh.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Fletch

Dupuis isn't top 6...

For me, I think Prucha, if he's playing, should be playing with Cullen. I don't care if Cullen's line then ends up with 1 minute less than Betts' line - I just think that Prucha with Cullen makes more sense than Prucha with Betts. There was some chemistry with Cullen; there's been zero with Betts over two seasons.

Last edited by Fletch: 02-15-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old
02-15-2007, 10:29 AM
clmetsfan

I don't see a problem with trying Dupuis on the Cullen-Ortmeyer line for a bit, but the pressure has to be on them to click quickly, or else it doesn't make sense to waste valuable minutes when we know that the COP line can work -- especially when we're trying to get back in the playoff hunt.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
For me, I think Prucha, if he's playing, should be playing with Cullen. I don't care if Cullen's line then ends up with 1 minute less than Betts' line - I just think that Prucha with Cullen makes more sense that Prucha with Betts. There was some chemistry with Cullen; there's been zero with Betts over two seasons.
I totally agree!

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
94now

Quote:
Dupuis isn't top 6...For me, I think Prucha, if he's playing, should be playing with Cullen. I don't care if Cullen's line then ends up with 1 minute less than Betts' line - I just think that Prucha with Cullen makes more sense than Prucha with Betts. There was some chemistry with Cullen; there's been zero with Betts over two seasons.
I agree, but Dupuis will play on 2nd line tonight.
Betts is not a playmaker Prucha needs, but Renney doesn't expect Prucha to score. In fact, if Betts himself crosses the red line his line is doing really well (they are). As for Peter, being a speedy guy, his role on Betts line is to threaten the opposition with breakaway possibility.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Fletch

isn't the top line Hossa-Straka-Jagr and the second line Avery-Nylander-Shanny, leaving Dupuis to play with Ortmeyer and Cullen on a third line?

EDIT: Threaten with breakaways? Who's going to spring Prucha with the pass? I don't think Prucha has much breakaway capabilities anyways.

Old
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
For me, I think Prucha, if he's playing, should be playing with Cullen. I don't care if Cullen's line then ends up with 1 minute less than Betts' line - I just think that Prucha with Cullen makes more sense than Prucha with Betts. There was some chemistry with Cullen; there's been zero with Betts over two seasons.
Exactly. It isn't about minutes or line number, it is about putting players in the best position to succeed. We know that Prucha and Betts is going nowhere. Let Dupuis take a turn with him, let him prove himself.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:30 PM
94now

Quote:

Threaten with breakaways? Who's going to spring Prucha with the pass? I don't think Prucha has much breakaway capabilities anyways.
Breakaway pass is Dman job. We have qualified personnel for that.

Old
02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
WestsideNYR

Agreed

1. Dupuis needs to prove himself to earn a spot with Cullen where we know Prucha has chemistry.
2. Prucha needs continued development, 3rd line with Cullen and PP time with Jagr is nice.
3. Orr needs to be in the line up, he is our only true deterant to getting through this dog fight.
Black Aces:
Pock, Krog: If I had to choose right now, it would be Orr over Dupuis in the line up based on our last 3 games..
Ozolinsh needs to be gotten rid of already, I'm frightened he may get back in the door like other released players.

WestsideNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:15 PM
True Blue

Anyone want to bet that Prucha is a healthy scratch

and Orr is in the lineup against the Flyers?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

ill take that bet. Orr isnt going to play, the flyers have no reason to goon it up.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 06:57 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
ill take that bet. Orr isnt going to play, the flyers have no reason to goon it up.
First wrong...second right

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote