HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks Canucks Prop/ Anyone want Karpotsev or Berard

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 05:13 PM
fullmetalninja

vCash: 500
Since when is Steve Sullivan Injury prone.... I know he's not a cannuck player, that doesn't automatically mean he sucks... Tell me again how Sulllivan is not better than Arvedson?

Behn-

There is no way we do that move from Chicago's perspective. We give up our best player, our 2nd best player, and a solid #6 dman for a guy we could sign in the offseason for nothing(umberger) a 2nd round pick that is too high to matter much, and *maybe* J Ruutu?

That's two no doubt 2nd line players at worst, for nothing? Are you high again or something

HOw can you say where do I sign up?

We could get more than that by busting them up. In what world is Zhamnov even up for J ruutu a fair deal. I love J Ruutu's game as well, but he is *at best* a grinding wing who could put up 30 pts(at best!). Zhamnov playing on one of the worst teams in the NHL- puts up 60 a year. And while he'll never hit like J Ruutu, he is even better positionally on "D".

So tell me why do we do this again? TO placate some nuck fans who think they have a shot at Jeff O'neill(they don't) or Peter Bondra?

Sorry but we could get a better package than that elsewhere...

-fullmetalninja

Old
02-03-2004, 08:26 PM
fullmetalninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammer
As western conference rivals, the Canucks and Chicago are not well balanced for trades; you never want to be responsible for making your rival too good.

I think that there is a false assumption here that Chicago is far away from being decent and maybe better. They've got interesting kids like Bell, Calder, and McCarthy, and mid-career guys who would still be strong players when/if the turnaround happens, like Thibault, Daze, and perhaps Sullivan.

Zhamnov is on the block. Chicago must be looking at new center talent. They'd obviously be interested in Umberger, but would, as has been mentioned, be fools to take him when they can get him unrestricted. A sign-and-trade would a good compromise, but it Umberger has stated that he'd now prefer to be unrestricted, just to pick his own destiny.

Do the Canucks have anyone of this ilk to spare? No. We're looking for crafty centers also.

I don't think it will work out with Chicago.

Thank you for being sensible. The hawks are bad right now, but we aren't that bad- and we have a ton of money available for next year, with a pipeline of prospects coming up.

Next season: Arnason/Bell/Calder/Ruutu and most likely Yakubov/Radulov/Vorobiev/Ellison

That means you have a ton of first/second contracts on the payroll. All the crap we've had(Korolev/Karpotsev) are gone, we *will* be players in UFA.

We don't have to trade anyone, which is what I keep trying to explain.

-fullmetalninja

Old
02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil76
from a mtl fans

i would take berard+zhamnov

for perreault+rivet+dykhuis and maybe +pick
The Hawks don't want the Habs garbage and cast-offs. You'd have to pay a team to take Karl Dykhuis. Yanic Perrault is one of the streakiest/softest guys in the league, his only asset is winning faceoffs, and Craig Rivet doesn't interest the Hawks.

The Hawks aren't a place where teams ship their trash.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
how about:

2nd round pick in 2005, Umberger and Ruutu
for
Sullivan, Zhamnov and Poapst?
Seriously... I think teh deal is just fine. I'm just not comfortable with trading Ruutu to a Western conference team.

If you change Ruutu to Bouck and say a 4th or a 5th, I'd love this deal. I know we pick up a bunch of salary, but Zhamnov probably won't stay beyond the season. Poapst is a good 7th d-man (good enough anyway), and Stevie Sullivan is a guy I just love.

Old
02-04-2004, 01:32 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Pedersen
You must really like losing money then. Anyone who has seen Ruutu play this year or in last year's playoffs would disagree with you. I'd trade him for Zhamnov straight up, but otherwise, no thanks.
uh yah, no crap, i'd trade him straight up for man players in this league, zhamonov included, but the negotiating table was a joke, nohthing meantt for a lgeit response *which i got here*... how could anyone really disagree with my *prediciction, really... i'm just saying i think bouck could be better at a third line forward than ruutuu... forget single game comparisons.. that's all..

Closed Thread