HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Habs are actively looking to change the core of their team"

Old
02-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Ape Clutch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
Yah, you have the right to you have your own opinion, but please give me some facts that support your point of view.
Kovalev had better season's then Koivu outside of montreal, in MTL behind Koivu
same goes with Samsonov

Ryder has slowed down
Higgins is in a slump being hard on himself because he quickly became a leader and is now doing the opposite of last years 2nd half...this is the 1st slump i've ever seen him in

Koivu isn't the reason we don't have a puck moving defence...

the only thing i have against saku is that his contract is at the limit i'd give Kovalchuk (yes i'm frugal)

i uno, i think the fans are trippin out, i mean when koivu goes to war with us in the playoffs and down the stretch...every single one of you is right there... i mean he scored 10pts in 7games with a collapsed lung and bruised/broken rib cage...whereas good ol' Canadian boy Thornton with his bruised ribs was held to 0pts by this same Saku...

lets just all take a DEEP BREATH

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Look, I like Saku and think he is a good hockey player, not a great hockey player. He has fought hard off the ice for his life and through injury, I respect that and I am very compasionate to one's personal life and well being. But, life and hockey are two seperate things. Saku is a great ambassador for his fight against cancer and his survival, but I don't think we should have to keep a player that has never realized his potential or played a full season because of his couragous battle off the ice.

He is a good 2nd liner, a 1st liner he is not.

Untouchable to me he is not. We have shown so much loyalty to this player as a fan base and organization that it is incrediable. I think if Gainey went to him and said "Saku we have stood by you through thick and thin and we respect and value everything you have done for this organization on and off the ice"......."but, we have an offer from another team for your services". "They are a team that is a legit contender and are willing to to get you to be a part of your team, we are thinking of rebuilding and we think it is in your best interests to go to another team to be a part of a winner now, not later."

Saku should accept or waive his no trade clause, he owes it to a team that has always stood there for him....he owes it to himself to be a winner of the greatest trophy in sport.

Koivu may make the decision to one day move on to a Cup contender, however it appears he wants it in Montreal. If he chooses that, that is his choice and the habs management and ownership are okay with that or they wouldn't have gave him a NTC.

Koivu and management have been mutually beneficial in there relationship over the years. Koivu is payed well for playing hockey, however he also has given a tonne to this franchise, and it doesn't have just to do with Cancer like you basically state. Stating that like you do shows complete disrespect or ignorance.

When the time comes, it will be Saku's decision. The organization has stood by Koivu and Saku has sure as hell stood by this organization despite never being supported much on the ice, and seeing quality linemates like Mark Recchi shipped out of town.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 12:09 AM
FF de Mars

You guys are wrong if you believe this media crap. I don't believe a word of it because in Montreal, you can't trade the core of your team, tank it for a couple of years and then go. On top of that, we are making the playoff this year. Some of us blame the french media all the time, well, the english media is full of crap as well.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
You guys are wrong if you believe this media crap. I don't believe a word of it because in Montreal, you can't trade the core of your team, tank it for a couple of years and then go. On top of that, we are making the playoff this year. Some of us blame the french media all the time, well, the english media is full of crap as well.
Well, in that case, get used to finishing 7th and bowing out in the first round.

This core and this team do not have what it takes to win it all. It's as simple as that. Our choices are:

- rebuild and try to put together a contender, or

- turn a blind eye to the problems and hope really hard that everything gets better.

Which would you rather have?

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
Well, in that case, get used to finishing 7th and bowing out in the first round.

This core and this team do not have what it takes to win it all. It's as simple as that. Our choices are:

- turn a blind eye to the problems and hope really hard that everything gets better.

amen

doesn't mean we have to completely gut the core immediately either.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 01:34 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post

I'd rather have a rebuilding, after all I'm a Hockey's Future poster, but mark my words, I doubt it will happen this year. I'm just trying to be realistic here.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Artyukhin*

Ok so we started by trading RIVET

i get this funny feeling Bob isnt done he said so pretty much tonight on team 990 he will loook at other deals if availalbe etc

could Pierre Gauthier have scouted Minny that long and nothing come out of it ?

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 02-25-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:26 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
Ok so we started by trading RIVET

i get this funny feeling Bob isnt done he said so pretty much tonight on team 990 he will loook at other deals if availalbe etc

could Pierre Gauthier have scouted Minny that long and nothing come out of it ?
Minny looks to be in the playoffs and would be looking for help now, Montreal is outside trying to get in and need help now too.

If they were to trade with each other it would be addressing needs and salary simalarities as well, but I beleive that the 1st rounder Bob got from San Jose (NJ's 1st) maybe a bargaining chip for a prospect like Pouliot to be added in a trade?

What they want and are willing to trade and what we are willing to trade off the roster is the puzzling part...

EDIT

I just thought of this. Since Eklund is saying Chicago maybe willing to part with Seabrooke would a swap involving Samsonov, Perezhogin and the 1st rounder for Aucoin and Seabrook work?

We address the potential loss of Souray to UFA, we trade away flop Samsonov for Aucoin in a salary swap and Perezhogin and the 1st for Seabrooke...Perez isn't getting a fair shake here and I don't think he will pan out here, in Chicago with Handzus, Havlat and Sammy it may work.

Seabrooke would look great on our back line with Markov and Komisarek for many years to come.

Last edited by RE-HABS: 02-25-2007 at 09:36 PM.
RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Minny looks to be in the playoffs and would be looking for help now, Montreal is outside trying to get in and need help now too.

If they were to trade with each other it would be addressing needs and salary simalarities as well, but I beleive that the 1st rounder Bob got from San Jose (NJ's 1st) maybe a bargaining chip for a prospect like Pouliot to be added in a trade?

What they want and are willing to trade and what we are willing to trade off the roster is the puzzling part...

EDIT

I just thought of this. Since Eklund is saying Chicago maybe willing to part with Seabrooke would a swap involving Samsonov, Perezhogin and the 1st rounder for Aucoin and Seabrook work?

We address the potential loss of Souray to UFA, we trade away flop Samsonov for Aucoin in a salary swap and Perezhogin and the 1st for Seabrooke...Perez isn't getting a fair shake here and I don't think he will pan out here, in Chicago with Handzus, Havlat and Sammy it may work.

Seabrooke would look great on our back line with Markov and Komisarek for many years to come.
With Seabrook and Aucoin we would have like 10 defensemen which wouldn't make much sense. Seabrook, Aucoin, Souray, Markov, Komo, Streit, Cube, Dandy, Yanni, Gorge....

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote