HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

why no love for scott parse...

Old
02-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavking View Post
Just an observation, but at this point why would he sign to play in Manchester? I would think if he waits there would be a NHL team willing to put him in their line up in the fall.
The thing is that he's required to sign an entry-level contract, and those are two-way by definition. If he were to sign with another team, he'd be running the same risk of being sent to the AHL as he'd have signing with the Kings. He might be better off signing with the club that's known and nutured him and is so bad that there's a real possibility of making the team sooner rather than later.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
The thing is that he's required to sign an entry-level contract, and those are two-way by definition. If he were to sign with another team, he'd be running the same risk of being sent to the AHL as he'd have signing with the Kings. He might be better off signing with the club that's known and nutured him and is so bad that there's a real possibility of making the team sooner rather than later.
Also....right now the Kings team is showing a strong inclination to playing it's young talent. Which would lead one to believe that if you wanted to break into the NHL at a young age that the Kings would be one of the best teams to sign with.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Chartrand

Noah Clarke had 70 points his senior year in Colorado College ( I believe he was Sejna's linemate, but the point still stands ). The NCAA is still a long way from the NHL. We shouldn't expect Parse to be NHL ready, let alone ready to dominate the AHL. Give him a little time.

Chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Noah Clarke had 70 points his senior year in Colorado College ( I believe he was Sejna's linemate, but the point still stands ). The NCAA is still a long way from the NHL. We shouldn't expect Parse to be NHL ready, let alone ready to dominate the AHL. Give him a little time.
Your point is taken...but you also have to consider that Parse scored 61 points in his Junior year and was a Hobey Baker finalist....This year he is just as good if not better and is in the top 5 in scoring in Division I hockey.... Not saying it will definitely translate into an NHL career but playing at a consistent high level will give him a slight advantage over some others.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:22 AM
triplcrown

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here and put my best pair of
rose-colored glasses on.

I am making a prediction that SCOTT PARSE will ultimately be a better player than either Patrick O'Sullivan OR Pushkarev.

Sully looks like a "close-but-no-cigar" kind of player who has talent, but will eventually disappoint. And Pushkarev, I feel, is just plain overrated.

I believe Parse will leave them both behind, over the long run.

I'll stand by this and take the ridicule if I am wrong, but will accept praise freely if I turn out to be right.

We should have a strong indication of how it will go with Parse within a year.
Maybe even by next November or so.

By the way, I would be delighted if ALL 3 turned out to be good players.
That would be the best outcome, obviously.

But I feel Parse will be the gem out of the 3.

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 02:39 AM
nikolai19

Parse is going to be an excellent player...in the AHL or ECHL.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
Parse is going to be an excellent player...in the AHL or ECHL.
Jason Krog part deux.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here and put my best pair of
rose-colored glasses on.

I am making a prediction that SCOTT PARSE will ultimately be a better player than either Patrick O'Sullivan OR Pushkarev.

Sully looks like a "close-but-no-cigar" kind of player who has talent, but will eventually disappoint. And Pushkarev, I feel, is just plain overrated.

I believe Parse will leave them both behind, over the long run.

I'll stand by this and take the ridicule if I am wrong, but will accept praise freely if I turn out to be right.

We should have a strong indication of how it will go with Parse within a year.
Maybe even by next November or so.

By the way, I would be delighted if ALL 3 turned out to be good players.
That would be the best outcome, obviously.

But I feel Parse will be the gem out of the 3.
Hey sorry about that last post, and i have no problem with your opinion that Parse will be a good player. It is only that your previous posted stated that you thought the absolute lowest Parse can be is a servicable NHLer. The only guy i will say is a surefire NHLer before they play in the NHL is a Tavares/Crosby type player. The jump from the college ranks to the pro ranks is huge and it is much too soon to call Parse a lock to make the NHL. I do believe he has alot of potential, and can be a scoring winger in the NHL, but he will not make the team out of camp next year barring a unreal camp. He will need time in the AHL to develop, IMO.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 07:23 AM
THEKingsFanInRI
Do it for DT

If you want to see for yourselves, the UNO Mavericks are on CSTV tonight at 5:00 pst

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote