HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The season may come down to...

Old
02-17-2007, 09:59 AM
RinkOnEStreet

vCash: 500
The season may come down to...

If we want to make the playoffs we all have to go on the assumption that both Carolina & Montreal will be out. This is starting to seem more and more likely. We could also hope that Atlanta will drop out of the race as well and that Tampa will just run away with the SE, however I think ATL has way too much talent for this to happen. So then it comes down to the Rangers, Leafs, and Isles fighting for the two spots vacated by the Canes & Habs. Well I'm looking at the schedule and realized we have FOUR! games left against the Isles. Those four games could very well be the factor that puts us in or out. We win three out of four or get points in all of those games and we are in.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:40 AM
ThirdEye

Let's hope they win, because we have had pretty forgettable experiences lately vs. the Isles. I think with this "new" team we have a much better chance though, that is we don't crumble again. Don't expect them to win all four though, maybe 2 at most

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:56 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Let's hope they win, because we have had pretty forgettable experiences lately vs. the Isles. I think with this "new" team we have a much better chance though, that is we don't crumble again. Don't expect them to win all four though, maybe 2 at most
If we could take 5 or 6 points with the Isles I'd be happy. The only thing is that we could BOTH take 6 points. If every game goes to OT and we each win 2, will both end up with 6 points...
What we need to hope for is regulation wins, and overtime losses if we lose.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote