HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Esch is out

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Dancing Chicken

vCash: 500
Esch is out

3 weeks at there earliest.. Hmm could you say Burke..

Old
02-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Brad*

No.

Niittymaki and Neil Little will carry the load until Hackett comes back, which won't be long. Sorry.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:18 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
No.

Niittymaki and Neil Little will carry the load until Hackett comes back, which won't be long. Sorry.
hope it works out for the Flyers this year. As much as Esche looks like he's the man he's still largely unproven and with Hacket's vertigo problems, a recipe for disaster for the Flyers may be brewing. I'm cheering for them though. They are a fun team to watch.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
hope it works out for the Flyers this year. As much as Esche looks like he's the man he's still largely unproven and with Hacket's vertigo problems, a recipe for disaster for the Flyers may be brewing. I'm cheering for them though. They are a fun team to watch.
That's the risk they'll take. I know Clarke has a history of not always telling the truth, but I believe him when he says he's sticking with Esche.

Old
02-03-2004, 09:35 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
That's the risk they'll take. I know Clarke has a history of not always telling the truth, but I believe him when he says he's sticking with Esche.
It's not Esche who I think Clarke is looking to replace. It's Hacket. Of course given that Clarke will have to dump Hackett as part of a deal then it's Washington that he will likely have to deal with as Phoenix is already long a goalie. The asking price for Kolzig appears to be much higher than what Phoenix is indicating for Burke though and this is what it will come down to in the end. I don't really see as good of a match with the Flyers as we once had (I thought Woywitka would be heading our way if a deal were made). Phoenix's asking price may be one of Carter or Richards but they are unlikely to get them unless Clarke can't get Kolzig for lesser value. Depends really on how desperate Clarke and Washington both truly are.

Old
02-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk
It's not Esche who I think Clarke is looking to replace. It's Hacket. Of course given that Clarke will have to dump Hackett as part of a deal then it's Washington that he will likely have to deal with as Phoenix is already long a goalie. The asking price for Kolzig appears to be much higher than what Phoenix is indicating for Burke though and this is what it will come down to in the end. I don't really see as good of a match with the Flyers as we once had (I thought Woywitka would be heading our way if a deal were made). Phoenix's asking price may be one of Carter or Richards but they are unlikely to get them unless Clarke can't get Kolzig for lesser value. Depends really on how desperate Clarke and Washington both truly are.
If Burke or Kolzig came to Philadelphia, I doubt they would be happy in a backup role at all.

Old
02-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Burke really isnt a prima donna. As long as he got some games I think he'd be fine. If his goalie partner is outplaying him he's the first to say so - he does with Boucher. He's also already good friends with Esche. Additionally he'd be aware he's going to a contender and that he probably wont be staying that long so why make waves? Although I must say to me - the concept of Esche actually outplaying Burke is on a par with saying Gagne would be Ranheim's backup here.

Closed Thread