HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rewind The Clock: Canucks' Goalie Situation

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Rewind The Clock: Canucks' Goalie Situation

Obviously it's easy to say in hindsight, but just for a moment let's rewind the clocks exactly one year to last year's deadline. Rumors are flying rampant about where Luongo might be traded to. The biggest names involved are Florida and Toronto and if I remember correctly I believe Chicago and Philly had some interest as well.

Now put yourself in the shoes of Mike Gillis. How do you handle the situation with Schneider and Luongo starting from last year's deadline up to this year's?

It seems to me that Gillis was demanding too much for Luongo at the time and that's what ultimately kept him from being traded. I suppose if it were up to me I trade Lu to whoever makes the best offer, as long as it's a halfway decent one, give the net to Cory, then have him and Lack battle it out. Maybe in a couple years you have yet another goalie controversy between Schneider and Lack and this time when you trade one of them, they're both young impressive starters and you can get a darn good haul for either. Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth. How would you folks have handled it?

Old
03-05-2014, 01:05 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
This really isn't the time or place.