HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver's Deadline Needs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2004, 11:11 PM
  #1
MoS*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northfield, Minnesot
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
Vancouver's Deadline Needs

Vancouver's Deadline Needs:
-one sniping winger to play with the sedins who are getting better by the day
-one experienced defenseman who is willing to play around 10 min a game or be on injury reserve

SCORING WINGER
Desires: Jeff O'Neil, Peter Bondra, Miroslav Satan, etc....
Matches: Val Bure, Steve Sullivan, Alexei Zhamnov, Geoff Sanderson, Scott Mellanby, Vyacheslav Kozlov, Alexei Morozov

Premise: He has to be a lot better than Jason King tho. No use in acquiring somone who is marginally better than king
Payment: we can probably give up a combination of our 1st-9th rounders, RJ Umberger, Ryan Kesler or our 4th liners


VETERAN DEFENSEMEN
to many possibilities to do. but a guy like murray baron would be sufficient. not saying i want specifically murray back, but a guy like him who has experience and is responsible in his own zone would be perfect

MoS* is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 11:16 PM
  #2
MoS*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northfield, Minnesot
Posts: 5,094
vCash: 500
i am fine with our chances right now if we went into the playoffs with a team like

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi
Sedin - Sedin - Linden
May - Chubarov - Cooke
Ruutu - Arvedsson - Keane
R: Lindgren + King

Jovanovski - Ohlund
Allen - Sopel
Salo - Malik
R: Brookbank

Cloutier
Hedberg
R: Auld

but it'd be pretty sweet if we had o'neil there instead of linden and had him centering the 4th line instead of arvedsson who plays wing and displacing keane and having a guy like wesley being there being the 7th man in case of an injury

MoS* is offline  
Old
02-03-2004, 11:18 PM
  #3
Mack
Registered User
 
Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,586
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mack
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
Vancouver's Deadline Needs:
-one sniping winger to play with the sedins who are getting better by the day

Two words...Wade Brookbank

Mack is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 02:32 AM
  #4
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,101
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Two words...Wade Brookbank
Just proof that the Sedins are absolutely ripping it up. You could put anyone with them and they'd score. Brookbank's goal against the Islanders was actually a pretty nice move, though.

~Canucklehead~

__________________
Please visit my Official Facebook Page Mike Forward Writing for information on current and future releases.
Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:12 AM
  #5
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: I'm bottled fizzy wa
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoS
i am fine with our chances right now if we went into the playoffs with a team like

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi
Sedin - Sedin - Linden
May - Chubarov - Cooke
Ruutu - Arvedsson - Keane
R: Lindgren + King

Jovanovski - Ohlund
Allen - Sopel
Salo - Malik
R: Brookbank

Cloutier
Hedberg
R: Auld

but it'd be pretty sweet if we had o'neil there instead of linden and had him centering the 4th line instead of arvedsson who plays wing and displacing keane and having a guy like wesley being there being the 7th man in case of an injury
Why is Arvedsson playing Center ? Our bottom 3 lines aren't very specialized at anything ...

I'd like to see:
Naslund-Morisson-Bertuzzi
Sedin-Sedin-Federov
Cooke-Chubarov-Linden
Rutuu-Keane-May

Rotate in Kesler/Reid for Keane, Brookbank for May. #1 / #2 lines are scoring threats, #3 line are all definsively sound and is the shutdown line, #4 is the agitator, energy line.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman* is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:42 AM
  #6
BB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bahrain
Country: Bahrain
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
Just proof that the Sedins are absolutely ripping it up. You could put anyone with them and they'd score. Brookbank's goal against the Islanders was actually a pretty nice move, though.

~Canucklehead~
Since the Sedins are hot right now why not bring Baby Fed up. I am sure a goal will bounce off of his foot or something. It could increase his confidence, maybe he will become something or even increase his stock from a late to a mid pick or late mid pic to a higher mid pick...

D-men- Todd Simpson (prob could get him for cheap)
i wouldn't mind, as someone else brought up, Strudwick- 7th d-man, tough as hell, plays forward or d, and loved by his teammates.

Till then we have a top 6 scoring winger in Brookbank

BB is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 04:34 AM
  #7
Ironchef Chris Wok*
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Red Sox Nation
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB

D-men- Todd Simpson (prob could get him for cheap)
i wouldn't mind, as someone else brought up, Strudwick- 7th d-man, tough as hell, plays forward or d, and loved by his teammates.

Till then we have a top 6 scoring winger in Brookbank
Simpson would be a good depth guy. Strudwick or Poapst would also be good.

But for somebody that I would actually TRUST to log minutes...

Carney woudl be fantastic. Even better if we coudl re-sign him.

Ironchef Chris Wok* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.