HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vancouver - Tampa Bay

Old
03-05-2014, 08:28 AM
whuttheeperson

vCash: 500
Vancouver - Tampa Bay

To Vancouver

Martin St. Louis

To Tampa Bay

Alex Edler

This gives Stevie Y a long term solution to his St. Louis problem, and finally gives Vancouver a player to play with Kesler. Vancouver can afford to lose Edler on D for the offensive upgrade and can finish the season rolling with Lack and hope for the best, and they'll have a decent line up next year to compete, and if they drop out, can recoup some value from trading St. Louis.

whuttheeperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:29 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

If the Canucks were a playoff team i'd say maybe...

Since they want young players and prospects that's the opposite of St Louis who has also said he'd only waive for NYR....

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:30 AM
DFC

Fine. But you have to talk St. Louis into reporting to Vancouver.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:31 AM
northernKing

Edler for Purcell and Connolly

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:32 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by whuttheeperson View Post
To Vancouver

Martin St. Louis

To Tampa Bay

Alex Edler

This gives Stevie Y a long term solution to his St. Louis problem, and finally gives Vancouver a player to play with Kesler. Vancouver can afford to lose Edler on D for the offensive upgrade and can finish the season rolling with Lack and hope for the best, and they'll have a decent line up next year to compete, and if they drop out, can recoup some value from trading St. Louis.
I'll take it from the Lightning.

Unfortunately MSL has hamstrung Yzerman and said only NYR. He's not going anywhere else.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:32 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
Don't need Purcell... (does Tampa need to dump cap?) Connolly and a 1st is similar to offers from other teams so far... maybe slightly worse.

Example: Habs fans have offered Eller and a 1st.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:33 AM
ALMO to BURE

Not sure if your serious or trolling? Van wants to get bigger and younger, how does this trade address that?

ALMO to BURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:34 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMO to BURE View Post
Not sure if your serious or trolling? Van wants to get bigger and younger, how does this trade address that?
Actually bigger isn't really an issue. Scoring/young forwards.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:36 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Don't need Purcell... (does Tampa need to dump cap?) Connolly and a 1st is similar to offers from other teams so far... maybe slightly worse.

Example: Habs fans have offered Eller and a 1st.
If Kesler gets dealt wouldn't a proven player like Purcell make sense? Especially if the only nhler the Canucks get back for Kesler is Sutter?

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
He's either going to play for the Lightning or Rangers.

Bish Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
To Vancouver

Martin St. Louis

To Tampa Bay

Alex Edler

Not happening Martin St Louis will only go to the Rangers as he wants to play close to where his family lives. There outside of New York City.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:38 AM
whuttheeperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMO to BURE View Post

I'm dead serious.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kassian-Kesler-St. Louis
Higgins-Matthias-Hansen
Archibald-Richardson-Booth

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Tanev
Stanton-Corrado

Lack
Markstrom

Is pretty good.

They need a puck-mover on D and the goaltending is a ? (obviously) but that's not a bad team.

And to all the people saying "Oh he'll never waive" etc, you don't know that, don't pretend that you know that, besides it's a proposal, try and evaluate it from a hockey perspective.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:47 AM
ThunderAlleyNomad

Quote:
I'm dead serious.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kassian-Kesler-St. Louis
Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Tanev
Stanton-Corrado

Lack
Markstrom

Is pretty good.

They need a puck-mover on D and the goaltending is a ? (obviously) but that's not a bad team.

And to all the people saying "Oh he'll never waive" etc, you don't know that, don't pretend that you know that, besides it's a proposal, try and evaluate it from a hockey perspective.
That he won't waive for anybody but NYR is actually the one thing that we all know, and have known for the last little bit.

Since we have that knowledge then it's kind of pointless to evaluate any trade.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:48 AM
DFC

Quote:
I'm dead serious.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kassian-Kesler-St. Louis
Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Tanev
Stanton-Corrado

Lack
Markstrom

Is pretty good.

Well, every report is saying Marty wants out of Tampa, and will only go to the Rangers. So we sort of do know that.

The trade on its pure value? No way it happens if MSL isn't disgruntled and wanting out of Tampa. So if you insert that condition, you also have to insert the condition that Marty won't play for anyone but the Rangers.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Done, done

AND DONE.

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:50 AM
go comets

Quote:
I'm dead serious.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kassian-Kesler-St. Louis
Higgins-Matthias-Hansen

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Tanev
Stanton-Corrado

Lack
Markstrom

Is pretty good.

Your nuts.... Canucks need to get younger fast. St Louis is at the end of his career. Archibald is one of the biggest dissapoments in utica this season. He has done nothing here for months.

go comets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:52 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
If Kesler gets dealt wouldn't a proven player like Purcell make sense? Especially if the only nhler the Canucks get back for Kesler is Sutter?
Why? Nucks aren't making the playoffs... don't see a point in Purcell as Nucks want under 25 guys that can come in next year or maybe the year after.

Old
03-05-2014, 08:53 AM
deckercky

No. Trading Luongo signals that the team isn't competing this year. Kesler is gone next, and anyone under 26 or so isn't of interest.

I'm actually starting to think that it will be one of Bieksa or Hamhuis who is traded, simply because they'll be starting to decline as the team is ready to contend. If they trade Bieksa and Kesler, one of the pieces that comes back is hopefully a PMD to compliment Edler (someone like Vatanen or Pouliot).

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:53 AM
kihei

vCash: 3140
A waste of a good asset for the Canucks.

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:54 AM
whuttheeperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Well, every report is saying Marty wants out of Tampa, and will only go to the Rangers. So we sort of do know that.

The trade on its pure value? No way it happens if MSL isn't disgruntled and wanting out of Tampa. So if you insert that condition, you also have to insert the condition that Marty won't play for anyone but the Rangers.
I guess so. I just think that 95% of all this "reporting" is bull. For the most part people who religiously follow x insider's rumours are naive. It's all made up, anyone can see some teams have excesses at some positions and deficiencies at others, and draw their own conclusions. I don't remember ever hearing from Marty himself that he would only go to NY. I just heard an interview from him, that implied he wanted a trade. Nobody predicted this Luongo trade, and it's likely to be the biggest of the deadline. Kovalchuk to NJ, Hossa to Pit etc. Nobody predicted these things. So it's not that unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go comets View Post
Your nuts.... Canucks need to get younger fast. St Louis is at the end of his career. Archibald is one of the biggest dissapoments in utica this season. He has done nothing here for months.
My point is it's more of a retool, and if it doesn't work you can pull the plug and trade St. Louis for a stud younger player. Gives you a lot of time to evaluate other players too.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:01 AM
DFC

Quote:
I guess so. I just think that 95% of all this "reporting" is bull. For the most part people who religiously follow x insider's rumours are naive. It's all made up, anyone can see some teams have excesses at some positions and deficiencies at others, and draw their own conclusions. I don't remember ever hearing from Marty himself that he would only go to NY. I just heard an interview from him, that implied he wanted a trade. Nobody predicted this Luongo trade, and it's likely to be the biggest of the deadline. Kovalchuk to NJ, Hossa to Pit etc. Nobody predicted these things. So it's not that unlikely.
We know that Marty asked for a trade specifically to the Rangers in 2009. We're hearing about plenty of talks between Tampa and NYR right now, and nothing between Tampa and any other team. Every single hockey media person has said St. Louis will only waive to go to New York.

Honestly, I wish St. Louis would hand in a list of teams. Then at least we could get some value for him. He's trying to force a deal that'll get us screwed. If we could shop him to multiple teams though, my guess is we come away with a bit more than Edler.

Old
03-05-2014, 09:02 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
No. Trading Luongo signals that the team isn't competing this year. Kesler is gone next, and anyone under 26 or so isn't of interest.

I'm actually starting to think that it will be one of Bieksa or Hamhuis who is traded, simply because they'll be starting to decline as the team is ready to contend. If they trade Bieksa and Kesler, one of the pieces that comes back is hopefully a PMD to compliment Edler (someone like Vatanen or Pouliot).
Actually I don't think Hamhuis or Bieksa get moved. Edler and/or Garrison I could see though.