HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Proposal - Smith to SJ for 1st + Davison

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2007, 03:54 PM
  #1
DarkShark*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Trade Proposal - Smith to SJ for 1st + Davison

Interested? I know some guy posted on our board asking for Bernier and/or Wishart, but we would rather trade a draft pick since we are kind of thin on defensive prospects. And you get Davison, I forget what his contract status is but he's a good 7th defenseman who's pretty good at fighting and plays physical, maybe he'll improve with more playing time as he gets very little here.

Oh and sorry but I don't think are really interested in Smyth

DarkShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 03:58 PM
  #2
Chill Town
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Interested? I know some guy posted on our board asking for Bernier and/or Wishart, but we would rather trade a draft pick since we are kind of thin on defensive prospects. And you get Davison, I forget what his contract status is but he's a good 7th defenseman who's pretty good at fighting and plays physical, maybe he'll improve with more playing time as he gets very little here.

Oh and sorry but I don't think are really interested in Smyth
Nah....it seems a bit much trading our captain for a low pick and a 7th defenseman no?

Chill Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
  #3
JonQuixote
Registered User
 
JonQuixote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,183
vCash: 500
If Smith was a UFA, this would be a nice deal.

With an extra year on his contract, with the Oilers already having good prospects and pick depth, this would be silly.

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
  #4
21Gator*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Interested? I know some guy posted on our board asking for Bernier and/or Wishart, but we would rather trade a draft pick since we are kind of thin on defensive prospects. And you get Davison, I forget what his contract status is but he's a good 7th defenseman who's pretty good at fighting and plays physical, maybe he'll improve with more playing time as he gets very little here.

Oh and sorry but I don't think are really interested in Smyth
A 7th defenseman!!! Smith is playing Top minutes and we have him under contract. unless we get a btter Dman than Davison, no way.

We are trying to improve our club and Davison and a 1st does not do that.

21Gator* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 04:37 PM
  #5
Traktor*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,657
vCash: 500
I think we could find a better deal from another team. I really want Wishart.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:27 PM
  #6
DarkShark*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Wishart for Smith straight up?

DarkShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:33 PM
  #7
imkinger
Registered User
 
imkinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Wishart for Smith straight up?
For Smyth, sure.

imkinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:34 PM
  #8
Declassified
Registered User
 
Declassified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,789
vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Wishart for Smith straight up?
no.

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:43 PM
  #9
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
The SJ pick will be between 20-30 and more like in the 25 spot range

two first rounders I may consider it

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:49 PM
  #10
Matts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
That's a junk proposal

if the Sharks ever are sellers and we're making a push we'll ask for Michalek for Mattieu Roy and a 2nd

Matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 06:50 PM
  #11
Rafters
Registered User
 
Rafters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,855
vCash: 500
how about Smith for Josh Georges

Rafters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
  #12
dumpnchase
Registered User
 
dumpnchase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Interested? I know some guy posted on our board asking for Bernier and/or Wishart, but we would rather trade a draft pick since we are kind of thin on defensive prospects. And you get Davison, I forget what his contract status is but he's a good 7th defenseman who's pretty good at fighting and plays physical, maybe he'll improve with more playing time as he gets very little here.

Oh and sorry but I don't think are really interested in Smyth
Oilers aren't going to trade Smith without getting an equal or better D man back, they need solid D men.

dumpnchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
  #13
DarkShark*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Are you guys not sellers? Isn't that the reason Smith has been mentioned in trade proposals? Nobody's going to trade two first round picks for him. Might as well trade for an elite player if they're going to do that. Wishart is having a very good season in juniors and he has potential to be better than Smith. If you're a selling team and want top prospects then he's a perfect fit. I don't get whats wrong with this trade. But then again I'm not used to being in the mindset of a selling team.

DarkShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 03:55 PM
  #14
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Are you guys not sellers? Isn't that the reason Smith has been mentioned in trade proposals? Nobody's going to trade two first round picks for him. Might as well trade for an elite player if they're going to do that. Wishart is having a very good season in juniors and he has potential to be better than Smith. If you're a selling team and want top prospects then he's a perfect fit. I don't get whats wrong with this trade. But then again I'm not used to being in the mindset of a selling team.
Idea is right, Davison is just of no use to us.

Something like Smith for a 1st and a 2nd would be much better for us and is probally something the Sharks would consider.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:39 PM
  #15
Towelie*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
if the Sharks ever are sellers and we're making a push we'll ask for Michalek for Mattieu Roy and a 2nd
And you would be laughed at by the Sharks. There is absolutely no way that Smith could return a player of Michalek's stature.

I don't think the first proposal is terrible - the value is a lot closer then some of you Edmonton fans would let on.

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 04:49 PM
  #16
mvprimate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
And you would be laughed at by the Sharks. There is absolutely no way that Smith could return a player of Michalek's stature.

I don't think the first proposal is terrible - the value is a lot closer then some of you Edmonton fans would let on.
Do you canucks trolls understand sarcasm?

mvprimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 05:00 PM
  #17
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,012
vCash: 500
smith will remain an oiler unless a team in a "win now" mode is willing to trade a top young defence prospect to address a need for toughness on their blueline. Nashville is and good example of a team lacking experience a first pairing grit.

Smith has a very affordable contract for this playoff run and next year. He has a lot more value "in the right situation" than just about anyone left on the market.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 06:00 PM
  #18
Towelie*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvprimate View Post
Do you canucks trolls understand sarcasm?
What? How is that sarcasm? Plus, how am I a troll? Look at my post history, I don't "troll" on the Edmonton board. Heck, look who started this thread...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=241391

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 09:46 PM
  #19
DarkShark*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
smith will remain an oiler unless a team in a "win now" mode is willing to trade a top young defence prospect to address a need for toughness on their blueline. Nashville is and good example of a team lacking experience a first pairing grit.

Smith has a very affordable contract for this playoff run and next year. He has a lot more value "in the right situation" than just about anyone left on the market.
That's why I offered later in the thred Smith for Wishart.

DarkShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.