HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton should be our trading partner

Old
02-18-2007, 10:01 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Edmonton should be our trading partner

bot teams have disappointed so far this year , the Oils have lost thier 2 best puck moving dman in Spacek and Pronger, and now have tough time in thier own zone.Lupal and Torres have been mentioned in deals , maybe a change

of scenery is what they need, they are still young , and they are coming off a year
where too many players were having career years , Pisani got 14 goals in the playoffs, he is hard pressed to score 14 goals in a regualr season, but you ride the wave and momentum of the playoffs . But this year both teams need a major shakeup , and may have the ingredients to pull off a trade . The bottom line is with bot teams struggling, you may not need to overpay. Horcoff, Stoll, and the above , any one would look good on this team .It`s a start , Lupul for example may pan out into a 30 goal scorer, How many do we have ? I would rather try this type of blockbuster deal for now , than spend 4-5 mil and overpay an over hyped bum in the offseason , when teams spend like drunken sailors . Then you can bring up some kids , a frugile signing or two , and take it from there. The Leafs are crap as they are have Pohl, Ponikarosvsky, Steen, Stajan, Wellwood, Battaglia, Devereaux, and Antripov , all contributing MUCH MORE than our stiffs and they come on the cheap .
Folks you can`t wave a wand to turn around this ship overnight , but we need to start somewhere, and a Souray deal, a blockbuster with the Oilers I THINK IS THE START we need. We don`t have a Malkin in the wings, the draft won`t do much this year , but a big trade with some risk for 23-26 year olds may not be bad.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:07 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Let's fleece them and exchange Lupul for Ryder.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Let's fleece them and exchange Lupul for Ryder.

I think they would be fleecing you, Lupul is not playing very well at all. I'd much rather have Ryder than him IMO

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:12 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

I actually think that the Wild would be the best trading partner, at least if we consider that the Habs are ready to part with Souray.

The fact is that their PP sucks big time and that they'll have to make a couple of moves if they want to pass the first round of the playoffs.

Burns and a 1st rounder could be an option. Maybe we could add something to the deal and bring in another good prospect along with Burns.

Thoughts?

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:14 AM
mcphee

geeman, isn't Lowe having to read the same writing on the wall that Gainey is ? So, why would he deal an asset for a soon to be ufa ? I have a feeling that any trades may surprise us and not be a ufa for prospect type of deal, but I don't see the Oilers upside here. I have no problem with a Souray deal, assuming he isn't or can't be re-signed, but maybe the Oil aren't the team. Maybe a month ago, but we hadn' dropped 6 straight a month ago.

btw,I really like Horcoff and think he'd be a good acquisition. Just making childish limericks with his name would be good.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:29 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Edm just traded bergeron to nyi for grebeshkov

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:30 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Edm just traded bergeron to nyi for grebeshkov
Good move. Grebeshkov is going to be good.

Old
02-18-2007, 10:48 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Yeah, maybe Gainey should have offer Rivet for this guy. If he reaches his potential, Grebeshkov will be awesome. Worth the gamble IMO.

Old
02-18-2007, 10:50 AM
WeThreeKings

A good prospect for a terrible D-Man. Souray's price is rising.

Old
02-18-2007, 10:55 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
A good prospect for a terrible D-Man. Souray's price is rising.
Well, the Isles weren't really high on Grebeshkov...

I see it as a soon to be bust prospect with awesome potential for an average d-man

Old
02-18-2007, 10:58 AM
WeThreeKings

Grebeshkov could end up like Markov. It's not like M-A Bergeron is anything good.. He's like Ryder on defence.

Old
02-18-2007, 11:02 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
solid move, he was a good prospect , a change of scene maybe he pans out .
Remember years ago, Quinn tardes Stojanov for some unknown named Naslund , and Vancouver may have made one of the best deals in history , look at Cleary this year in Detroit , you take a small gamble on a player below the radar , at the right price , and chance it .

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:08 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Grebeshkov could end up like Markov. It's not like M-A Bergeron is anything good.. He's like Ryder on defence.
I agree, but call him terrible was exaggerated...

Grebeshkov could en up like Markov. That was the expectations for him you're right. A d-man take time to developp and I agree. That said, Grebeshkov is like 23 and we can't say that he has really developped in the last few years.

Don't get me wrong. I would have do this deal in a second from the Oilers POV. The Isles were looking for depth and Bergeron brings that to them. Grebs could be a great d-man in a couple years. But right now, the odds are that it's a pretty even deal for both team with a potential winner at the end.

In fact, I have a strange impression. IMO, Grebs will not be a Oilers by the deadline. I think that Lowe made this deal with something bigger in mind. Mark my words.