HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Only Post if you agree Fire Tom Now

Old
02-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Only Post if you agree Fire Tom Now

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02182007...oks.htm?page=2

Things were all set up for a great game 1pm start Garden rocking with kids Rangers 3 and 0 in last 3 games the team was flying. The G.M. gets a A++ for last 2 trades that made the team faster and grittier. Then it happens John Stevens and Craig Berube fill out a line up card with the Names http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc...s/2006/flyers/

Featuring Ben Eager who is closing in on 200 pims in this current NHL which is near unheard of. Todd Fedoruk who is no stranger to plain stupid cheap shots and not to mention fighting, Hatcher where do i know that name from? Oh Lordy yea from a 10 foot flying elbow to who's head that's right Jagr and that was when? this year in Phillie.

The Flyers who are playing first overall oh wait that was years ago! no they are even worse then us and are only playing out the season and have nothing to lose. A team built on the tradition never back down and also play tuff.

Well Pinkie the Brain (Renney) looks down at the roster and says oh yea we have a guy that has played his best to games as a Ranger and is the Answer to Fedoruk and Eager but nah we don't need him at all we will answer the bell with a killer power play and all will be great. The injuries are not Renneys fault i agree the shot that hit Hank Orr would not have stopped the Malik hit or Shanny Orr would have nothing to do with I agree. But Pinkie allowing the Flyers to intimidate the Rangers in the first period and allow the crowd to bummed out during a must game they so badly wanted a reason to be the rangers crowd is unforgivable.

Pinkie has all the talent in the world and can't find the combos all year long then 3 games ago he does and we smoke Tampa and look like hey we have something here then the Caps and we once again beat someone and look good doing it. Then he tinkers a little bit vs the Canes and we still win but need to ask why change a hot line up? Why not reward the team that won 2 in a row and looked great doing it? Here I feel Pinkie is thinking to much and not doing with what got him there. He was out coached by a AHL coach not the Roster Genius he is credited for being. We can't continue to lose to AHL teams when we have Jagr,Shanny,Straka and Nylander. Please it is proven he is not the coach we were fooled into thinking he was last year and he is not the guy to develope the kids we have on the way! Fire Renney Now is the cant i want to hear

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:08 AM
JerseyRangers

I agree 100%! FIRE RENNEY NOW! How he could not play Orr last nite is beyond me. Sure glad we had Pascal out there. He did squat! Going back to last years playoffs Renney has done squat to protect Jagr. I'm surprised Jagr hasn't asked to be traded to a team that protects its players. RENNEY NEEDS TO BE AXED IMMEDIATELY!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:20 AM
in the hall

for probably the past few months now

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Last night's game was an absolute disgrace to our team.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Jim Ramsay

I'm sorry, but this whole fire Renney thing is just getting beyond ridiculous.

Maybe we can find out if we can have Ron Lowe or John Muckler as coaches again.....

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:41 AM
crisb

Just two days ago, everyone here was saying Renney was a genius. ***?

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan35 View Post
A few days ago he caught lightening in a bottle which I gave him credit for if you read my post. Then for some unknown reason he made changes for the sake of making them. And again as the title says post if you agree because i don't want you pro pinkie statements in here

Fire Renney Now!

Old
02-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan35 View Post
i sure wasnt.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:55 AM
MadHookUp

Wow we have huge amount of fairweather fans on this forum.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:55 AM
eco's bones

Reading Rodent's article yesterday--I thought he was right about dressing Orr. Even so the Rangers win the game if the pwp works. It didn't and some poor defensive coverage did the rest. Philly did a lot of things right after the first period when they gave our team every opportunity to take a big lead. Fedoruk was running around like an animal but taking penalties. It would have given Orr something to do but I don't think that the results would have been all that different. As for Hatcher--he can fight--but I doubt he drops with Colton and if he did most likely Colton would be taking any extra penalties. The way to deal with the Hatchers--the Witts is to target the Gagne's and Yashin's for the same abuse that our best players are getting from them--or maybe even a little worse.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Reading Rodent's article yesterday--I thought he was right about dressing Orr. Even so the Rangers win the game if the pwp works. It didn't and some poor defensive coverage did the rest. Philly did a lot of things right after the first period when they gave our team every opportunity to take a big lead. Fedoruk was running around like an animal but taking penalties. It would have given Orr something to do but I don't think that the results would have been all that different. As for Hatcher--he can fight--but I doubt he drops with Colton and if he did most likely Colton would be taking any extra penalties. The way to deal with the Hatchers--the Witts is to target the Gagne's and Yashin's for the same abuse that our best players are getting from them--or maybe even a little worse.
We don't a Defense men that can target anyone. Rosie Malik and the rest of the purse wearing click can't strike fear in anymore

Old
02-18-2007, 11:02 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
You are right that the Rangers win the game if the pwp works. At the same time what sense did it make dressing Dupuis over Orr? Against a team like Philly who has very few weapons you could have put out a line made up of Orr-Orr-Orr and it wouldn't have hurt the Rangers. The shocking thing is that Renney knew that Hatcher, Eager and Fridge were going to abuse Jagr and Co. and he chose not to address it. For that alone I feel Renney should be canned. Add to it all the mind numbing lineups he's put together, his inability to coach one of the most talented pp units in the league, and his use of certain players (i.e. Prucha and others) and there you have a very compelling argument for getting rid of Renney!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:11 AM
eco's bones

Well you can also consider whether you like the personnel on our D or not--and I don't particularly like our D for the most part--that Philly is one of the worst teams in the league and that when they signed Hatcher they (and many others) thought they were one of the best teams--a real contender. Hatcher has shown himself to be not the same player he used to be--and IMO he's always been something of a cheapshot artist and even more so now that some of his skills have eroded. You can say almost the same of Kaspar. Finding defenseman who can skate, move the puck and play the position not only well but play physical too is a problem for practically every team in the league. There are not that many Phaneuf's out there--and other than Baranka who is not really a fighter we don't have any young ones close to fitting the bill. This team has holes--mainly on D but also with skilled centermen. Most of the time the coaching staff is left with a judgement call. In this case it seems it was a choice between Prucha who scored and played a good game or Orr.

Old
02-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Well you can also consider whether you like the personnel on our D or not--and I don't particularly like our D for the most part--that Philly is one of the worst teams in the league and that when they signed Hatcher they (and many others) thought they were one of the best teams--a real contender. Hatcher has shown himself to be not the same player he used to be--and IMO he's always been something of a cheapshot artist and even more so now that some of his skills have eroded. You can say almost the same of Kaspar. Finding defenseman who can skate, move the puck and play the position not only well but play physical too is a problem for practically every team in the league. There are not that many Phaneuf's out there--and other than Baranka who is not really a fighter we don't have any young ones close to fitting the bill. This team has holes--mainly on D but also with skilled centermen. Most of the time the coaching staff is left with a judgement call. In this case it seems it was a choice between Prucha who scored and played a good game or Orr.
Don't remember anyone including myself saying Prucha should have sat!! Dude stop the Orr shouldn't play sh$$ cause of Prucha Hollweg and DuCrap should have sat yesterday not Prucha. With Avery we don't need Hollweg doing nothing but taking beatings and not scoring

Old
02-18-2007, 11:19 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
You are right that the Rangers win the game if the pwp works. At the same time what sense did it make dressing Dupuis over Orr? Against a team like Philly who has very few weapons you could have put out a line made up of Orr-Orr-Orr and it wouldn't have hurt the Rangers. The shocking thing is that Renney knew that Hatcher, Eager and Fridge were going to abuse Jagr and Co. and he chose not to address it. For that alone I feel Renney should be canned. Add to it all the mind numbing lineups he's put together, his inability to coach one of the most talented pp units in the league, and his use of certain players (i.e. Prucha and others) and there you have a very compelling argument for getting rid of Renney!

Dupuis is the new guy--and you got to think they play him. He is also more of a legit 3rd liner than Betts or Ortmeyer. Rodent--who is a big Prucha backer thought Orr should have been in for Petr and maybe he was right. I read his article yesterday and thought so myself. That's not what Renney did--he's putting his best lineup in and not considering what Philly is going to do at least lineup wise. Next time we play Philly he might want to keep this in mind. The pwp not clicking though is what killed us in this one.

Old
02-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Fletch

I thought Orr would dress...

and dress over Prucha - but I think I would've been wrong as Prucha seemed to be one of the better forwards out there and came alive with some inspired play, despite spending a lot of time on his butt.

Also, the problem really isn't dressing Orr. Had Orr dressed, you'd still see much of the same. We'd get to see a nice fight out of it, but the rest of the team would've still have been flat, there would've been less PPs in the first because Orr would offset Fedoruk, and the result would've been similar. The Flyers were the tougher 'team'. Putting one guy in the lineup would not have changed that yesterday.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:24 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Don't remember anyone including myself saying Prucha should have sat!! Dude stop the Orr shouldn't play sh$$ cause of Prucha Hollweg and DuCrap should have sat yesterday not Prucha. With Avery we don't need Hollweg doing nothing but taking beatings and not scoring

Two games and Dupuis is already crap. C'mon. Can you give him at least two weeks? Orr should not be playing except in special situations. I think my comments are clear enough that I think yesterday was one of those situations. So--let's see--Orr is a RW--who played RW yesterday? Jagr, Shanny, Ortmeyer, Prucha. Which of the four should have sat for Orr to play?

Old
02-18-2007, 11:24 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
and dress over Prucha - but I think I would've been wrong as Prucha seemed to be one of the better forwards out there and came alive with some inspired play, despite spending a lot of time on his butt.

Also, the problem really isn't dressing Orr. Had Orr dressed, you'd still see much of the same. We'd get to see a nice fight out of it, but the rest of the team would've still have been flat, there would've been less PPs in the first because Orr would offset Fedoruk, and the result would've been similar. The Flyers were the tougher 'team'. Putting one guy in the lineup would not have changed that yesterday.
I disagree Fletch......I think dressing Orr would change the way the Flyers approached the game entirely unless he got tossed early for fighting and a game misconduct, and I think the Ranger players would have felt a bit more secure in the game knowing Orr would handle any shenanigans.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:25 AM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Orr would have held Eager and Fedoruk(who took out Jagr big time) in check. He also would have gladly went after Hatcher. Orr would have made a big difference, when Fedoruk saw that Orr wasnt dressing him and Eager both decided to do whatever they wanted. WHo was gonna stop them? Orr needs to play in these games and we need him to protect Avery and Hollweg now, they can protect themselves somewhat but not against a team like the Flyers we need Orr in there.

And oh yeah, Fire Renney

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:31 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

This post seems to have turned into a personnel discussion, certainly from some of the people who want renney fired. How can you fire the coach when he did not structure the team. That lies at the feet of Sather and Maloney.

What is very apparent is that besides being the ultimate fair weather fans, there are a whole host of NYR fans that haven't got a clue about what it takes to rebuild a team.
It doesn't happen over night. It requires a certain degree of patience, which many are obviously lacking and some intestinal fortitude to stay the course.

What you see on this roster now are some components that will ultimately constitute
the whole of the solution. Stop being children and look at the larger picture. Many of you are complaining because there are holes in the roster and you want to go do the samething that you chastised this organization for doing, trading young assets for a quick and immediate fix. Make up your minds.

or maybe we should fire the fans!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Pock*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikO'doyle View Post
Orr would have held Eager and Fedoruk(who took out Jagr big time) in check. He also would have gladly went after Hatcher. Orr would have made a big difference, when Fedoruk saw that Orr wasnt dressing him and Eager both decided to do whatever they wanted. WHo was gonna stop them? Orr needs to play in these games and we need him to protect Avery and Hollweg now, they can protect themselves somewhat but not against a team like the Flyers we need Orr in there.

And oh yeah, Fire Renney
You are definitley right about Orr, in fact he's probably the only solution to games like that. We have 2 games left against them to find out, so hopefully Renney realizes what a retard he was for not dressing Orr. What I did like though, was Ward sticking up for Hollweg, and well Hollweg just trying to take out a defenseman who won't fight. Hollweg seems to have learned when to fight, and not to take stupid penalties like he did all of last year. Ward surprised me by fighting, but I'm glad he did. Orr would have definitley made a difference, especially if he was on the ice whenever Fedoruk or Eager were.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:11 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
This post seems to have turned into a personnel discussion, certainly from some of the people who want renney fired. How can you fire the coach when he did not structure the team. That lies at the feet of Sather and Maloney.

What is very apparent is that besides being the ultimate fair weather fans, there are a whole host of NYR fans that haven't got a clue about what it takes to rebuild a team.
It doesn't happen over night. It requires a certain degree of patience, which many are obviously lacking and some intestinal fortitude to stay the course.

What you see on this roster now are some components that will ultimately constitute
the whole of the solution. Stop being children and look at the larger picture. Many of you are complaining because there are holes in the roster and you want to go do the samething that you chastised this organization for doing, trading young assets for a quick and immediate fix. Make up your minds.

or maybe we should fire the fans!
Renney does manage the lines and the roster though.... He always has Orr in games where he doesn't need to skate and then scratches him in games when he should have had him in.....

You can say hindsight is 20/20 but even Helen Keller could have predicted that the Philly game was going to get nasty... Jagr has been getting cheapshotted all season against Philly...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:20 PM
DutchShamrock

This is as ridiculous as the Renney is a Genius thread. I wonder what the sentiments will be if we win today.

He's no genius because the good moves that he did make took far too long to be made. Yes, many people on these boards, in Garden and in the papers have been clamoring for these very moves. But that isn't what makes him a goat. We've been also calling for a lot of bad ideas. The point is that he sat on some very bad lineup combinations for far too long. Calling up Dawes might not solve the problems, but refusing to change a bad situation is inexcusable. Just try it, it can't be any worse than before.

No coach is getting fired for 1 loss after a 3 game winning streak. Just like he wasn't going to get fired for the Toronto blowout following the 5 game winning streak. Yes it's true that this team failed to rise to the occasion against a rival when points are at an absolute primium, but how many times have we seen this over the years with all the other coaches? This is nothing new and has nothing to do with Renney specifically. It's what being a Ranger fan is all about.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Screaming Banshee

Did it really matter who the Rangers dressed? That team came loaded for bear and even if Orr was in the line up it wasn't going to deter them.

THe Flyers have nothing to lose. THey don't have to worry about protecting Forsberg, they don't have to worry about losing the game and not making the playoffs.

The team with nothing to lose is the most dangerous.

Screaming Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:27 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

"Only post if you agree with me because if you don't you are wrong because I am always right. Also, if you don't agree with me I can't handle any debating so just agree with me or don't post at all."

abev is offline   Reply With Quote