HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Iron Hook Cometh

Old
03-06-2014, 03:57 AM
Kiefer

vCash: 500
Järnkrok denies the talk about him going back to Sweden.
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...fterna-kommer/

He says he will be going to Milwaukee, and play there on Friday.

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Dosing

Prior to the NHL's trading deadline on Wednesday took a series of big plays stores room.
One of the most notable was Detroit's swap deal with Nashville, where they gave up Patrick Eaves, Calle Järnkrok and a third round in this year's draft to get Legwand.
The idea is that the veteran center to help the Red Wings the rest of the season, when you have cents ministers Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsjuk and Darren Helm injured.
Järnkrok makes his second season in Farm Team Grand Rapid Griffins in the AHL and says he was immediately shocked to have to change clubs.
- Yes, you could say that I was. This was not something I had anticipated, but although it is sad to leave all my friends here in Grand Rapids so it feels good to get a new start in Nashville's organization.
Today, Thursday, he will travel to Milwaukee, where the Predators have their farm team.
- The idea is that I'll play with Milwaukee on Friday.

Has Nashville's management said anything more detailed about what plans they have for you?
- No, they have called and greeted me welcome to the club and I'll start in Milwaukee. Then we'll take it from there.

How has the season in the AHL been for you?
- It was a little sluggish at first, but it has gotten better and better. I've learned the game on smaller rink now and look isytorna better.
What about the information that you are on your way home to Sweden and Brynäsgatan after this season?
- I have not said. I do not know where the data comes. I have a year left on my NHL contract, so it's not true.
Now you get to play with Filip Forsberg, he knows you well?
- Yes, and Milwaukee is also Patrick Cehlin and Magnus Hellberg. And in Nashville, I feel the Mattias Ekholm, so it feels safe.

Sorry for google translate

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 04:52 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

We get the gist, thanks.

Boy, if he, Hellberg and Forsberg suddenly light it up in Milwaukee...

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 05:28 AM
alexmanu

No surprise the Jarnkrok story about bolting to Sweden was just spin.

alexmanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 06:16 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Great news and great trade. Great job Poile

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Armourboy

Like I said on the announcement on Facebook, the only people that don't like this trade are people that don't know hockey ins and outs all that well. Frankly for us, even if both players are just ok, we still pull a pick out of it that ain't bad.

People sit around and *****ed that we never got anything for Suter, and now we are in the same position with Legwand and people have a fit we traded him.

I think the guy could be something we really need. We keep saying we need a good center, and even if the guy is just a second line center its a hell of a trade. Legwand is aging, he's a middle of the road guy on his way down. I just don't really think you could ask much more out of Poile on this one.

Good luck to him, will look forward to seeing him on the NHL ice at some point.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Matte99

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
Doesn't the NHL and SHL have an agreement on contracts therefore he would need to finish his out next year?
In an interview published today he says he doesn't know where the information comes from, he got one more year on his contract and said anything about leaving. The trade came as a shock for him but he knows a lot of players in the Nashville organization (Forsberg, Patrick Cehlin, Magnus Hellberg, Mattias Ekholm) and looks forward to getting acquainted with a new organisation.

So, Poile did it again! Wonder if he planted those rumors a few weeks ago before calling Holland about Legwand, knowing Holland really like veteran players.

Last edited by Matte99: 03-06-2014 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Just noticed someone posted it before me but hey, 2 posts are better than 0! =)
Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Matte99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
About development, I guess SHL is at least just as good as the AHL (some pros some cons), but:

If he were to play in the SHL there is no way to just call him up for a few games to try him out. Having a player in the AHL is just much more convenient. I hope that this is a reason why Järnkrok is traded, because otherwise this look like a pretty bad trade right now for the Wings (although if Legwand gives a Detroit a discount on an extension its a different story).
SHL has the obvious "pro" of allowing players to practice/train and not playing to many games. If a young player needs to "fill up" its beneficial to have recovery time and training instead of constant games. You can sometimes read that players lose a lot of weight during their rookie seasons in NHL/AHL.

AHL brings the benefit of teaching players about the difference with regards to ice size aka timing, reading plays, seeing the ice, physicality and the wear and tear of playing a lot of games.

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Webersmashpuck

All the scouting reports of Jarnkrok read exactly like Legwand.

Thats good I guess, but its not really changing the forward mentality except by getting younger.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 07:36 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
All the scouting reports of Jarnkrok read exactly like Legwand.

Thats good I guess, but its not really changing the forward mentality except by getting younger.
if you were expecting a 30G scorer I think you will be disappointed.

I would happily take a 22 year old Legwand clone. That would mean we have a solid 2/3 center fr the next 10 years. The main thing that made Preds fans unhappy with Legwand was that he was a #2 overall pick and never became a superstar, and got a big contract. But any objective person would never question that he is a solid NHL center man and a good addition to any team

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Nothing Is New

Come on, folks. The alternative was zilch for Leggy.

Lets look at it another way.

Detroit does the best or near best job of developing offensive prospects.

Detroit has shown an uncanny knack for recognizing and developing Euro players for the NHL.

We just got the number 2 offensive prospect from Detroit - giving up a pending, quite likely departing UFA. Plus a third - plus, Trotz-friendly all-world Patrick Eaves.

You can actually be happy about this trade - in context. Its OK.

Nothing Is New is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:30 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

I obviously have no issue with Eaves being a Predator, for obvious reasons.

(Hint: The Traitor used to play for the same college team he did - and his dad coaches them.)

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
We have got to be the most negative fan base in any sport on the planet.

In less than 5 hours we have gone from elation at having ripped off out long hated rivals the Red Wings to writing this kid off as done and gone…

holy ****, people, can't we at least wait for the kid to fail or leave before we write his hockey obituary??

Hey im happy with it and im supposed to be the most negative old fart here. To get assets for Leggy when he was gone already is a coup. And if the kid does develop into a 20 to 25 goal scorer even better. But hes still young. And Wilson playing at center the past few games should have sent up a red flag that this was coming. DP and Trotz just have never put a guy at center without a reason. In fact there history is to keep players on the wing unless that player was Leggy. Leggy would have been a much more productive player on the wing.

And yes it still feels good to get over on the Wings....

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:50 AM
hockey diva

We have one season to convince him to stay. And if he gets the Trotz treatment he won't. We need a new coach.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:57 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
I obviously have no issue with Eaves being a Predator, for obvious reasons.

(Hint: The Traitor used to play for the same college team he did - and his dad coaches them.)
Um...let me guess it's also the same land where cheese comes from

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:59 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
We have one season to convince him to stay. And if he gets the Trotz treatment he won't. We need a new coach.
The usual "Trotz treatment" hyperbole.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:01 AM
lstcyr

Why is Jarnkrok called the Iron Hook?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Kiefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
That's his name translated to english.

Järn=iron
krok=hook

Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post

Found this

Quote:
Also, fun fact, Jarnkrok in Swedish means "Iron Hook", if literally translated. Thanks, Google Translate!
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=919050

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:17 AM
PFL615

So nobody answered but is Iron Hook NHL ready or close? What's the status??

I am happy with the deal.

Poile took a chance on a guy who could be a good NHL player and a center to boot. This deal could look really good especially if the Preds get a 2nd.

I think if we can move some players this summer and make a couple of moves this team could be decent and fun to watch next year.
I want to see this kid with FF and Stalberg on the same line for the rest of the year. See what they can do and see if Stalberg can turn it around.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Flgatorguy87

Interview posted really gives me some reassurance that he is here to compete. I know the Wings had plenty of Swedes, but it sounds like this particular group in Milwaukee is well known to him. That could be huge for his comfort in our system. We are only 1 Defenseman away from the future all Swede lineup.

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:29 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by P U L L H A R D View Post
Wings fan coming in peace (and jealousy)

Who is Jarnkrok competing for a C spot with next year? I am assuming Fisher, Cullen, and Gaustad will all be back. Who else would be in that group?
Wilson, Watson and Sissons. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Cullen shipped out either.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 10:20 AM
weeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
Järnkrok denies the talk about him going back to Sweden.

He says he will be going to Milwaukee, and play there on Friday.
I can't read a word of that. Looks like they have a totally different language then we do.

weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
My response there is the same as it is here.
What's he supposed to say yeah we fleeced them with a kid that is never going to play there.

When this backfires on Poile we seriously need to considering cleaning house.
I think the part I find the most amusing about this is the use of the word "when". Not "if" this backfires, "when" this backfires. As though it's a foregone conclusion and there's no point in believing any different.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
People sit around and *****ed that we never got anything for Suter, and now we are in the same position with Legwand and people have a fit we traded him.
Agree with this. Poile earned a decent return here; HFBoards is HFBoards, but if most people here and many bloggers think you won a trade, you probably won the trade. I'm on the pro-Poile boat, so take it with a grain of salt.

I think Nashville is one of the most appealing places for Jarnkrok or players in a similar position. If you are a solid forward prospect, you will have more opportunities for real NHL ice time here than with any other team in the NHL. Next season I'd love to roll with the Hook and FF9 in the starting lineup and take our lumps with the expectation that it will payoff in the future.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote