HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Rinaldo (2013-14 season) -- Update Apr. 7, 2014: Suspended four games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2014, 09:04 PM
  #226
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
You mean when we played their farm team? That wasn't the wings and you know it. Nice try tho and I never mentioned Rosehill. You seriously need your toe picks removed if you want to be a Flyers fan.
My season ticket holder rep disagrees with you. You've been finger-wagged on this before, and it's beneficial to you to not be so judgmental.


Back to the better debate that's come about: Hall is a solid 4th liner because he wins face offs and is often put in tough situations. Not as tough as Blair Betts once was, but it's valuable to this team that they can trust a guy like that in those situations. Chris Vandevelde is in a similar situation - he was proving he belonged and was being trusted, and shouldn't have been sent down.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 09:16 PM
  #227
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Radivojevic View Post
He gets praised a ton on here. I'm pretty sure I've never heard one negative comment about him on this site. We got him off the trash heap for a reason.
I've faulted him several times. While he's a solid 4th liner, I don't think he's the sort of 4th liner you contend with. He can probably be replaced by Laughton shortly.

But he is sure as hell much better than Rinaldo.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 09:41 PM
  #228
Ghosts Beer
Registered User
 
Ghosts Beer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's better than Rinaldo. Rinaldo's pacing for a worse +/- on his career against easy competition, too.
Hall is facing the same competition as Rinaldo 5 on 5, and Hall is -12.

I think the point is that Hall isn't a defensive stalwart, and he sure doesn't produce points. At 5 on 5, is Rinaldo THAT much less useful, considering Rinaldo can create energy with his hits and speed? Can't energy help turn around a game, and is Rinaldo really THAT much of a liability? I don't think so.

Hall gives you faceoffs and he's solid on the PK. I like him for what he is. But I think someone pointed out that he was put on waivers about 3 different times last season for a reason.

Ghosts Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 10:46 PM
  #229
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosts Beer View Post
Hall is facing the same competition as Rinaldo 5 on 5, and Hall is -12.

I think the point is that Hall isn't a defensive stalwart, and he sure doesn't produce points. At 5 on 5, is Rinaldo THAT much less useful, considering Rinaldo can create energy with his hits and speed? Can't energy help turn around a game, and is Rinaldo really THAT much of a liability? I don't think so.

Hall gives you faceoffs and he's solid on the PK. I like him for what he is. But I think someone pointed out that he was put on waivers about 3 different times last season for a reason.
Since hall had played more games, according to behind the net, he has faced harder competetion and has done better against them the Rinaldo has.

Honestly people seem to forget that there are also many energy type of players that go on waivers and a TON in the AHL.

It has been proven though quite a few times that Rinaldo's energy had actually hurt the team more than helped. There are no statistical analysts showing after he runs around hitting for 5 mins a game that the team wins. It does show that he provides the other team with a powerplay opportunity.. Alot

There is nothing showing that Rinaldo hitting people has changed the momentum in the Flyers favor. Shots dont increase, defense doesnt tighten up, and it was proven a few pages back if im not mistaken that the outcome of the game didnt change either. I do think people just like watching a guy get laid out. Plain and simple.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 07:28 AM
  #230
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Never mind....


Last edited by shipwreck: 02-11-2014 at 08:06 AM.
shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 07:36 PM
  #231
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosts Beer View Post
Hall is facing the same competition as Rinaldo 5 on 5, and Hall is -12.

I think the point is that Hall isn't a defensive stalwart, and he sure doesn't produce points. At 5 on 5, is Rinaldo THAT much less useful, considering Rinaldo can create energy with his hits and speed? Can't energy help turn around a game, and is Rinaldo really THAT much of a liability? I don't think so.

Hall gives you faceoffs and he's solid on the PK. I like him for what he is. But I think someone pointed out that he was put on waivers about 3 different times last season for a reason.
This is the new 'Oilers Complex.' The Oilers let a bunch of guys go because they saw no use for them, and there are a number of other teams who have.

Hall's QOC is slightly better, but also gets tougher zone starts. Probably would be a larger disparity if he still had Vandevelde on his line because Berube was using him in tougher spots than Rinaldo as well.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 08:01 PM
  #232
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I've faulted him several times. While he's a solid 4th liner, I don't think he's the sort of 4th liner you contend with. He can probably be replaced by Laughton shortly.

But he is sure as hell much better than Rinaldo.
I agree. I think Raffl and Laughton make 2/3rds of a great 4th line. Hopefully a Flyers prospect can grab that last spot and force Hall/Rinaldo/Rosehill out most games. Maybe the organization will open their eyes and finally realize that McGinn simply isn't good enough for a top nine spot, but he does have the tools to be a good 4th liner. A 4th of Raffl-Laughton-McGinn next season could work very nicely. A line that could play 12 minutes a night regularly and not be a detrimental, even pop a few.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 08:21 PM
  #233
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Hey, I like Hall. He does a fantastic job in the face offs, and he is very fast on the skates. I think he does a decent job, and as I stated on a previous thread - I hope he is back on the team next year.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 09:29 PM
  #234
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 7,081
vCash: 500
There have only been 10 NHL forwards who started their careers after the lockout (04-05) and have had less PPG than Rinaldo who made in to 200 NHL games played.

5 made it to 300.
1 to 400.
0 to 500.

Rinaldo has played 147 games now.

Those players?

George Parros (Heavyweight)
Krys Barch (Heavyweight)
Brian McGratten (Heavyweight)
Raitis Ivanans (Heavyweight)
Derek Boogaard (Heavyweight)

Zenon Konopka (Faceoff specialist)
Mike Brown (decent PKer, defensively sound)

Cam Janssen
Brad Staubitz
Ryan Hollweg

Only 6 are still in the NHL. 3 heavyweights (top 3), Konopka and Janssen and Brown.

The only active guy in that category close to 200 is Bisonette.

So the only semi-comparable active player in the NHL who made 200 has been Cam Janssen... (and he fights heavyweights and is on the edge of being considered one) who has played 24 games this year and 4 last year.

Sad to say but the clock is ticking for him... he is not a heavyweight, cannot go up against those guys (how many has he fought? Bisonette once, that is the only one I can think of)... so to stay in the NHL he really needs to improve his defence, or be a great faceoff guy, or PKer looking at that list... the odds do not look great for him.

Either that or he is:

A. The most unique 4th liner in the last 8 NHL seasons. (He has found his niche... I will give him that.)
B. Overrated by the Flyers.
C. A combination.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes him, prefers him to a 'heavyweight' and thinks if he can play as he did last year he has a spot in the NHL, likely as an extra.

I just want a guy like Matt Martin... sound defensively, 1m a year, tough, knows his role, good for 15 points a year, can play 10-12 minutes a night, can agitate, can play 82 games a year, can PK if needed.

Greg Campbell, Derek Dorsett, Matt Martin, Brandon Prust, Craig Adams, Vern Fiddler, Boyd Gordon, Paul Gaustad, Nate Thompson, Paille, Colin Fraser, Drew Miller etc... they are the kind of 4th liners that help win hockey games.

Flyers fans especially should know this... Powe, Betts, Laperriere... how great and valuable were those guys?

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 06:00 PM
  #235
Ghosts Beer
Registered User
 
Ghosts Beer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
There have only been 10 NHL forwards who started their careers after the lockout (04-05) and have had less PPG than Rinaldo who made in to 200 NHL games played.

5 made it to 300.
1 to 400.
0 to 500.

Rinaldo has played 147 games now.

Those players?

George Parros (Heavyweight)
Krys Barch (Heavyweight)
Brian McGratten (Heavyweight)
Raitis Ivanans (Heavyweight)
Derek Boogaard (Heavyweight)

Zenon Konopka (Faceoff specialist)
Mike Brown (decent PKer, defensively sound)

Cam Janssen
Brad Staubitz
Ryan Hollweg

Only 6 are still in the NHL. 3 heavyweights (top 3), Konopka and Janssen and Brown.

The only active guy in that category close to 200 is Bisonette.

So the only semi-comparable active player in the NHL who made 200 has been Cam Janssen... (and he fights heavyweights and is on the edge of being considered one) who has played 24 games this year and 4 last year.

Sad to say but the clock is ticking for him... he is not a heavyweight, cannot go up against those guys (how many has he fought? Bisonette once, that is the only one I can think of)... so to stay in the NHL he really needs to improve his defence, or be a great faceoff guy, or PKer looking at that list... the odds do not look great for him.

Either that or he is:

A. The most unique 4th liner in the last 8 NHL seasons. (He has found his niche... I will give him that.)
B. Overrated by the Flyers.
C. A combination.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes him, prefers him to a 'heavyweight' and thinks if he can play as he did last year he has a spot in the NHL, likely as an extra.

I just want a guy like Matt Martin... sound defensively, 1m a year, tough, knows his role, good for 15 points a year, can play 10-12 minutes a night, can agitate, can play 82 games a year, can PK if needed.

Greg Campbell, Derek Dorsett, Matt Martin, Brandon Prust, Craig Adams, Vern Fiddler, Boyd Gordon, Paul Gaustad, Nate Thompson, Paille, Colin Fraser, Drew Miller etc... they are the kind of 4th liners that help win hockey games.

Flyers fans especially should know this... Powe, Betts, Laperriere... how great and valuable were those guys?
I really don't see Rinaldo as a liability on the ice for 6 or 7 minutes per game. He's not some plodding dinosaur who can't play at all, and the 4th line isn't there to play against another team's scoring line. That's for Couturier and the 3rd line. To me, the 4th line is there to provide energy and shake things up in very limited minutes.

No, Rinaldo doesn't score points, and no he isn't a heavyweight. But he is fast, he puts pressure on the other team, and he throws more hits per ice time than any player in the NHL. And they are HARD hits. Yeah, I think that's more valuable in 6 minutes per game than Vandevelde. I like Rinaldo as the 12th forward from an agitation, energy, and entertainment perspective, and I don't think he's nearly as bad a player as people make him out to be.

Ghosts Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 09:09 AM
  #236
Doors
Registered User
 
Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Last night Zac once again showed off why he is having a permanent spot on our roster. I love the way he can put the opponent under pressure with his fast skating and big hits!

Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 11:07 AM
  #237
deadhead
Registered User
 
deadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
I had high hopes for Rinaldo, but he seems to have no skills other than skating speed and guts. He still takes dumb penalties (the retaliation for the cross check that took away a shot at a key penalty in the 3rd period), has zero puck skills or ice vision and skates around like a chicken with his head cut off - if he had smarts, discipline like a fast Bobby Clarke without offensive skills (i.e., sneaky dirty and effective in disrupting the opponent's offensive flow) he would still have value as a top PK guy and general agitator - but I think he is what he is, an unguided missile.

Hall is a decent 4th line guy, but one you should be looking to upgrad.

I don't want Raffl on the 4th line, because I think he'd be great with Couts and Read on a 3rd line that can outplay a lot of 1st lines through great two way play (i.e., forecheck 'em to death and steal some goals).

Laughton - maybe Leier if he's ready, Straka, McGinn, possibly look for a low cost defensive forward with skates and smarts. I want a 4th line that would look similar to our 3rd line, fast, defensive minded but with some offensive skills, with players who see themselves auditioning for a "promotion," not merely settling for a role.

The shame is that a "smart" Rinaldo would be a perfect fit for what I want, no goons, but guys tough enough not to back down from contact.

PS: I think Vandervelde is underrated, he was solid here and he's been solid with the Phantoms, has decent all around skills - his ceiling is the 4th line, but he could be effective with the right linemates, and I think Laughton will be the right linemate for most wingers.

deadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:07 PM
  #238
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
I had high hopes for Rinaldo, but he seems to have no skills other than skating speed and guts. He still takes dumb penalties (the retaliation for the cross check that took away a shot at a key penalty in the 3rd period), .


The shame is that a "smart" Rinaldo would be a perfect fit for what I want, no goons, but guys tough enough not to back down from contact.
^^^^ see what you wrote there^^^


Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 08:10 PM
  #239
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,807
vCash: 50
Rinaldo is tied for the 14th worst Corsi Rel in the league among forwards with 30 games played, and has the worst Qoc on the team (should shock no one). The huge hits and perceived pressure hasn't manifested itself in possession. That's not a Rinaldo thing, that's a 4th-liners-who-sit-on-the-end-of-the-bench thing. If Rinaldo was the exception, it would show up not only in the numbers, but his ice time. They've already abandoned the penalty killing project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
I had high hopes for Rinaldo, but he seems to have no skills other than skating speed and guts. He still takes dumb penalties (the retaliation for the cross check that took away a shot at a key penalty in the 3rd period), has zero puck skills or ice vision and skates around like a chicken with his head cut off - if he had smarts, discipline like a fast Bobby Clarke without offensive skills (i.e., sneaky dirty and effective in disrupting the opponent's offensive flow) he would still have value as a top PK guy and general agitator - but I think he is what he is, an unguided missile.

Hall is a decent 4th line guy, but one you should be looking to upgrad.

I don't want Raffl on the 4th line, because I think he'd be great with Couts and Read on a 3rd line that can outplay a lot of 1st lines through great two way play (i.e., forecheck 'em to death and steal some goals).

Laughton - maybe Leier if he's ready, Straka, McGinn, possibly look for a low cost defensive forward with skates and smarts. I want a 4th line that would look similar to our 3rd line, fast, defensive minded but with some offensive skills, with players who see themselves auditioning for a "promotion," not merely settling for a role.

The shame is that a "smart" Rinaldo would be a perfect fit for what I want, no goons, but guys tough enough not to back down from contact.

PS: I think Vandervelde is underrated, he was solid here and he's been solid with the Phantoms, has decent all around skills - his ceiling is the 4th line, but he could be effective with the right linemates, and I think Laughton will be the right linemate for most wingers.
Vandevelde should be on the NHL roster.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 09:54 PM
  #240
FlyingPhilly
Registered User
 
FlyingPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,288
vCash: 500
I wonder how many people that like Rinaldo also liked Carcillo when he was here. Rinaldo should be replaced with a more useful player that can play more than 5-7 minutes a game.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 11:16 PM
  #241
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,152
vCash: 500
"advanced stats"

where Matt Carle = Ryan Suter

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 08:42 AM
  #242
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm
 
Legion of Gloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Titicaca
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
I wonder how many people that like Rinaldo also liked Carcillo when he was here. Rinaldo should be replaced with a more useful player that can play more than 5-7 minutes a game.
I like both, it would be nice to have a little more skill I vote for Brad Marchand

Legion of Gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 09:28 AM
  #243
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion of Goon View Post
I like both, it would be nice to have a little more skill I vote for Brad Marchand
Brad Marchand is more than just a 4th line player

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 02:15 PM
  #244
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,458
vCash: 500
I'd rather have Rosehill on the 1st line than Marchand on the team at all. I can't watch a player on the Flyers that I want to get injured.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 04:33 PM
  #245
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,726
vCash: 500
Rinaldos career trajectory is another Steve Webb. I don't ever see him becoming a penalty killer. They are the exact same players. Big time hitting agitators who average 5 or 6 points a season. Tyrell Goulbourne will usurp Rinaldo, besides not only is he a savage fighter but he has actual hockey ability. Rinaldo will be nothing more but an agitating energy forward.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 06:53 PM
  #246
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
There have only been 10 NHL forwards who started their careers after the lockout (04-05) and have had less PPG than Rinaldo who made in to 200 NHL games played.

5 made it to 300.
1 to 400.
0 to 500.

Rinaldo has played 147 games now.

Those players?

George Parros (Heavyweight)
Krys Barch (Heavyweight)
Brian McGratten (Heavyweight)
Raitis Ivanans (Heavyweight)
Derek Boogaard (Heavyweight)

Zenon Konopka (Faceoff specialist)
Mike Brown (decent PKer, defensively sound)

Cam Janssen
Brad Staubitz
Ryan Hollweg

Only 6 are still in the NHL. 3 heavyweights (top 3), Konopka and Janssen and Brown.

The only active guy in that category close to 200 is Bisonette.

So the only semi-comparable active player in the NHL who made 200 has been Cam Janssen... (and he fights heavyweights and is on the edge of being considered one) who has played 24 games this year and 4 last year.

Sad to say but the clock is ticking for him... he is not a heavyweight, cannot go up against those guys (how many has he fought? Bisonette once, that is the only one I can think of)... so to stay in the NHL he really needs to improve his defence, or be a great faceoff guy, or PKer looking at that list... the odds do not look great for him.

Either that or he is:

A. The most unique 4th liner in the last 8 NHL seasons. (He has found his niche... I will give him that.)
B. Overrated by the Flyers.
C. A combination.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes him, prefers him to a 'heavyweight' and thinks if he can play as he did last year he has a spot in the NHL, likely as an extra.

I just want a guy like Matt Martin... sound defensively, 1m a year, tough, knows his role, good for 15 points a year, can play 10-12 minutes a night, can agitate, can play 82 games a year, can PK if needed.

Greg Campbell, Derek Dorsett, Matt Martin, Brandon Prust, Craig Adams, Vern Fiddler, Boyd Gordon, Paul Gaustad, Nate Thompson, Paille, Colin Fraser, Drew Miller etc... they are the kind of 4th liners that help win hockey games.

Flyers fans especially should know this... Powe, Betts, Laperriere... how great and valuable were those guys?
Which proves that a guy who can skate and can hit and draw penalties is a valuable asset to a club........Zac is one of those guys i hope always have a place in the NHL. Stats do not measure HEART !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 07:39 PM
  #247
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Which proves that a guy who can skate and can hit and draw penalties is a valuable asset to a club........Zac is one of those guys i hope always have a place in the NHL. Stats do not measure HEART !
That's not even close to what says. It says players who run around and don't play actual hockey don't stick around the league.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 08:02 PM
  #248
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
That's not even close to what says. It says players who run around and don't play actual hockey don't stick around the league.
I was referring to Zac ! His style is an instrumental part of our teams chemistry which keeps HIM relevant in this league............And i like it !

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 08:06 PM
  #249
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I was referring to Zac ! His style is an instrumental part of our teams chemistry which keeps HIM relevant in this league............And i like it !
So was Appleyard. His style is instrumental. He is not.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 11:47 AM
  #250
deadhead
Registered User
 
deadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
You can get a lot of what you get with Rinaldo from players like Couts and the player Laughton will probably be, tough nosed forwards who play defense and have offensive skills.

Ideally, what you want in Rinaldo's role is someone like Billy Clement, big, fast, maybe some shaky offensive skills but can forecheck, PK, and isn't brain dead. What's frustrating about Rinaldo is he can skate, and could develop, but is so focused on making hits he forgets there's a game going on around him.

Your 4th line guys maybe won't give you a lot of offense, but you want them to be able to take on roles like PK to free your offensive players and let them save their minutes for PP and favorable 5 on 5 matchups. When your 4th line guys are taking stupid penalties, you're forcing someone like Giroux to spend 3-4 minutes on PK a night.

deadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.