HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I know he has a dumb contract

Old
02-18-2007, 03:16 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
I know he has a dumb contract

but if available would Richards be a fit ???? If TbAY decided to dump his contract
would you make a pitch for him , yes he is a front line center we don`t have , if we don`t have to mortgage the future but dump some salary ourself he may be an option, albeit an expensive one.

If you can move Rivet, Kovalev, Latendresse and Plekanac straight up do you make the deal ???? They save on 2 years of salary cap relief, take a bad contract off our hands , they get 2 decent kids that we can replace , we get the #1 center we lack, maybe if we can get a #1 pick to boot.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:19 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think I'd rather take Plekanec out and give them our 1st rounder.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:20 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think I'd rather take Plekanec out and give them our 1st rounder.
me too

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Rockomax

Too much salary, we'd have to unload a lot of salary the other way...but when does his contract expire?

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Reuben

At trade like this has no chance of happening during the season. None
if Richards every became available it would be after the playoffs at some point.

Lecavalier>>>>Richards

oh yeah i think Richards NTC in his contract kicks in a some point in the offseason not sure when.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:32 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
At trade like this has no chance of happening during the season. None
if Richards every became available it would be after the playoffs at some point.

Lecavalier>>>>Richards

oh yeah i think Richards NTC in his contract kicks in a some point in the offseason not sure when.

True I think his NTC in his contract begins in June.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't think $7.8M is an acceptable salary to pay to anybody but one of these franchise-level generational superstar types. Richards has a history with Tampa, so they have the best reasons of any franchise in the universe to stomach paying him that much, however, so I think he's in the perfect place right now, and will stay there for a looooooong time. Good for him, good for the Lightning, rather meaningless for us.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I know we need another offensive Center, but adding Richards will just cripple us (Salary Cap wise) down the road. Not worth it to me. If he had a lower salary, I would do the deal.

02-18-2007, 05:27 PM
znk

I think we could spend a 7.8 on a better player.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:45 PM
milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I think we could spend a 7.8 on a better player.
i agree .

And Latendresse even if he isn't going to be a 50 goals player , is still something we miss for years and years ; a player that is going to be a power forward . Just give him few years , and you will se that he add something different of our skilded players .

milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:01 PM
MTL-rules

First, this team needs a star player, Richards fits that description, so get him even at 7,8mil...

Second, Latendresse won't be traded, we've been waiting for a star power forward and Québécois for years, he might not become one, but they won't risk the chance...so forget it, not before a few seasons...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:51 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
but if available would Richards be a fit ???? If TbAY decided to dump his contract
would you make a pitch for him , yes he is a front line center we don`t have , if we don`t have to mortgage the future but dump some salary ourself he may be an option, albeit an expensive one.

If you can move Rivet, Kovalev, Latendresse and Plekanac straight up do you make the deal ???? They save on 2 years of salary cap relief, take a bad contract off our hands , they get 2 decent kids that we can replace , we get the #1 center we lack, maybe if we can get a #1 pick to boot.
Yes, so we could finish 9th instead of 11th...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:54 PM
Cariboux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Lecavalier>>>>Richards
I don't agree after seeing both of them really often. In the playoffs, Richards >>>>>>> Lecavalier

Cariboux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
First, this team needs a star player, Richards fits that description, so get him even at 7,8mil...

Second, Latendresse won't be traded, we've been waiting for a star power forward and Québécois for years, he might not become one, but they won't risk the chance...so forget it, not before a few seasons...
Ya but can Richards justify his huge contract with the numbers he puts up? for 7 or 8 million what kind of numbers do u suppose would be expected from him? If he was playing in Montreal right now, with the numbers he has this year in Tampa Bay he'd be getting roasted big time in the media and by the fans.

Old
02-18-2007, 09:06 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux View Post
I don't agree after seeing both of them really often. In the playoffs, Richards >>>>>>> Lecavalier
Based on one year?
He currently leads the league in goals and is 2nd in points.

Lecavalier 80 points +5
Richards 51 points -12 (that's just 4 more points then Koivu and people are crying about his contract....imagine $7.8 millions)....

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux View Post
with the breakout of Lecavalier this year, i honestly think that's not going to be the case for a very long time.

Lecavalier is Tampa best player

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Reuben

Lecavalier is a franchise player Richards isn't. IMO

Lecavalier does it all hits ,fights, and does plenty of scoring. He's a force everytime he's on the ice.

BTW Franchise players are the only ones who deserve max contracts.

Old
02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post

Our weakness is a topline centre, a deal such as this would make us have to fill 3 other holes as well! Plus Tampa would need to open 3 spots on their roster, a trade like this makes no sense to either team.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote