HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kesler deadline thread VII (Kesler NOT traded per TSN)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2014, 04:46 PM
  #976
Ducks in a row
Go Ducks Quack Quack
 
Ducks in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 10,654
vCash: 500
At the draft I hope Ducks don't try to trade for Ryan Kesler. I would rather have the Ducks try to sign Paul Stastny or David Legwand who are free agents after season ends assuming they don't get a contract from their teams before free agency starts.

With Teemu Selanne retiring after this season and with Saku Koivu possibly retiring as well along with possibility of Jonas Hiller choosing to go after a big payday and not being on the Ducks it just would not be worth trading away a lot for Ryan Kesler at the draft with the uncertainty of how good or bad the Ducks would be next year. I would of had no problem getting him before trade deadline ended this year because it could of been a big help for Ducks winning Stanley Cup in Teemu Selanne final year and potentially Saku Koivu final year as well.

This season has just been a magical year for the Ducks setting multiple franchise records along the way having everyone from starting and backup goalies playing good to all our fowards lines producing as well as each of our defensive pairs playing well. I just don't see next years team being as motivated and good next year as this year team has been. I could be wrong about the team next year just so hard to see them being this good again.

Ducks in a row is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 04:47 PM
  #977
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 13,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
Well the beauty of waiting for the Canucks is we can see where that Ottawa picks lands and then it may hold more or less value to the Canucks and possibly a trade at the draft, if its a top 10 pick then we can talk, too bad its a weak draft but if its high enough it may be enough that last offer may work, but if Ottawa makes the playoffs then that pick doesn't hold a lot of value, its a weak draft, so its risky move for the Ducks too.
Oh I agree, and I actually am disappointed about it. Ironically I think we could have a stronger lineup next year since Selanne is retiring. I love the guy. He's my all time favorite player, but I think it's ridiculous that he plays over guys like Maroon. I think Koivu returns on a 1 year deal. Let's say it ends up being 8th overall.

8th overall + Rakell + Vatanen. Close?

Although I disagree with this, but it sounds like Silverberg and Palmieri are completely off limits.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Kesler-Silverberg
Winnik-Bonino-Cogliano
Maroon-Koivu-Beleskey

Duck Off is online now  
Old
03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
  #978
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Off View Post
One of the Ducks writers posted an interview with Murray and it said he offered a package of picks and prospects, but everyone on the roster was untouchable. I'm not surprised he got stingy with Palmieri and Silverberg since Penner is gone and we really couldn't move one, although I personally would have been okay with one going.

I've heard rumors of several offers from the Ducks. Here's what I've heard:

Both 1sts and both 2nds.

Etem + 1st + 2nd

Vatanen + Ottawa's 1st + Conditional 2nd (went to a 1st if we made the western conference finals).

The last one is pretty good to me, although I don't really blame them for holding onto him. Risky though. I'm sorry but Vancouver is definitely not making the playoffs, and if Kesler gets injured, his value goes way down.
Both those deals are terrible, thank god Gillis held on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Bob mckenzie on team 1040 said he heard pens were offering sutter as a center piece, then they were willing to add despres, or Brian Dumoulin, and a 2nd or 3rd.

And bob mackenzie said he looked at that right away and said no way thats enough. Then canucks may have wanted pouliott and pens were saying no. Then he said discussions got locked down more and dont know what was offered later. But bob said right away its not going to get done.

He was not sure what ducks offered. Said they could have offered etem and rakell in a package and they had the pieces to get this done, and is shocked it didnt get done.

Said he didnt feel owners squashed anything and gillis has the green light to move him, they just didnt get the deal and it will be revisited at the draft.
Wow.

PIT clearly was never serious about making a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
John Jaeckel, the Hockeybuss beat writer for the Hawks posted that Van and Chi have an agreement in principle for a draft day trade sending Kesler to the Hawks in exchange for Leddy, Shaw and Teravainen.

As much as I would like Kesler on the Hawks - I hope that deal is not correct because I think it's too much for a 30 year old guy that, while still a pretty good player, is clearly not the player he was a few years ago.
I hope not. Leddy & Shaw make no sense for us, only part of this deal that makes sense is Teravainen, we need more than 1 piece that makes sense.

Sergei Shirokov is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 04:50 PM
  #979
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Off View Post
Oh I agree, and I actually am disappointed about it. Ironically I think we could have a stronger lineup next year since Selanne is retiring. I love the guy. He's my all time favorite player, but I think it's ridiculous that he plays over guys like Maroon. I think Koivu returns on a 1 year deal. Let's say it ends up being 8th overall.

8th overall + Rakell + Vatanen. Close?

Although I disagree with this, but it sounds like Silverberg and Palmieri are completely off limits.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Kesler-Silverberg
Winnik-Bonino-Cogliano
Maroon-Koivu-Beleskey
Change one of them to Etem (Preferably change Vatanen)

Sergei Shirokov is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 05:11 PM
  #980
Ducksgo*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Off View Post
Oh I agree, and I actually am disappointed about it. Ironically I think we could have a stronger lineup next year since Selanne is retiring. I love the guy. He's my all time favorite player, but I think it's ridiculous that he plays over guys like Maroon. I think Koivu returns on a 1 year deal. Let's say it ends up being 8th overall.

8th overall + Rakell + Vatanen. Close?

Although I disagree with this, but it sounds like Silverberg and Palmieri are completely off limits.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Kesler-Silverberg
Winnik-Bonino-Cogliano
Maroon-Koivu-Beleskey
That would be a sick ass lineup. Etem with Kesler along with Silfs....... Drooooool

It sucks cause everyone wants Etem though I wouldn't mind shipping off 8th overall and Rakell and Vats.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 05:29 PM
  #981
ginner classic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 8,245
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Off View Post
Oh I agree, and I actually am disappointed about it. Ironically I think we could have a stronger lineup next year since Selanne is retiring. I love the guy. He's my all time favorite player, but I think it's ridiculous that he plays over guys like Maroon. I think Koivu returns on a 1 year deal. Let's say it ends up being 8th overall.

8th overall + Rakell + Vatanen. Close?

Although I disagree with this, but it sounds like Silverberg and Palmieri are completely off limits.

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Etem-Kesler-Silverberg
Winnik-Bonino-Cogliano
Maroon-Koivu-Beleskey
At the draft....
Etem, Theodore (or Vatanen), Ott 1st

ginner classic is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:02 PM
  #982
KahunaBaby
Registered User
 
KahunaBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaran View Post
At the draft I hope Ducks don't try to trade for Ryan Kesler. I would rather have the Ducks try to sign Paul Stastny or David Legwand who are free agents after season ends assuming they don't get a contract from their teams before free agency starts.
Both those players will sign for stupid money, especially Stasny.

Kesler on the other hand has two years remaining with a very nice cap hit of 5 Million and could be extended at some point.

KahunaBaby is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:11 PM
  #983
KahunaBaby
Registered User
 
KahunaBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Is that report that Gillis wanted Maatta true?
I don't think there is any harm in asking just to see what Shero counters with.

The luxury of having two young stud d-man is one could be used to land that missing piece. The fact that Shero refused to trade either of them ended up costing them Kesler.

KahunaBaby is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:31 PM
  #984
Ducks in a row
Go Ducks Quack Quack
 
Ducks in a row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 10,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaBaby View Post
Both those players will sign for stupid money, especially Stasny.

Kesler on the other hand has two years remaining with a very nice cap hit of 5 Million and could be extended at some point.
True but the salary cap is going up and the Ducks should have enough room to add either of them with no problems so long as they are asking for reasonable amount not a crazy high amount. David Legwand I just don't see asking for a very high price. I can see something around 5.5 million per year for David Legwand. I would rather the Ducks go after either of them then trade away a lot for Ryan Kesler who might not re-sign with the Ducks after his contract is up.

Ducks in a row is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:33 PM
  #985
kmillzy5
Registered User
 
kmillzy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: hmmm
Country: United States
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaBaby View Post
I don't think there is any harm in asking just to see what Shero counters with.

The luxury of having two young stud d-man is one could be used to land that missing piece. The fact that Shero refused to trade either of them ended up costing them Kesler.
The Letang situation killed any chances that Pouliot would be moved imo

kmillzy5 is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:37 PM
  #986
Alfredo Garcia
Registered User
 
Alfredo Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post

I hope not. Leddy & Shaw make no sense for us, only part of this deal that makes sense is Teravainen, we need more than 1 piece that makes sense.
I think i'd take that deal. I'd prefer a draft pick to Shaw but maybe we could flip him (with someone added) for a decent pick? Teravainen looks to be a nice guy to grab, though i guess some would be scared since he's unproven at the NHL level. Leddy is underrated in my mind and is actually a pretty good defenseman. I'm guessing he's expendable after their aquisition of Rundblad?

Be nice to see a pick thrown in with that original offer above, but at this point, and maybe it's my frustrations from yesterday, i think i'd take it.

Alfredo Garcia is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:38 PM
  #987
Mister Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
The Pens offer was a first, Sutter and any young dee not named Pouliot.

Mister Hockey is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:38 PM
  #988
Tony Clifton
Registered User
 
Tony Clifton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
They all played this well.
GM did give up too much.
VAN would not be low balled.

Tony Clifton is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:41 PM
  #989
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredo Garcia View Post
I think i'd take that deal. I'd prefer a draft pick to Shaw but maybe we could flip him (with someone added) for a decent pick? Teravainen looks to be a nice guy to grab, though i guess some would be scared since he's unproven at the NHL level. Leddy is underrated in my mind and is actually a pretty good defenseman. I'm guessing he's expendable after their aquisition of Rundblad?

Be nice to see a pick thrown in with that original offer above, but at this point, and maybe it's my frustrations from yesterday, i think i'd take it.
Leddy & Shaw are good players, but they make no sense for us. We have alot of good D, and we don't need another bottom 6 player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hockey View Post
The Pens offer was a first, Sutter and any young dee not named Pouliot.
McKenzie said it was a 2nd or 3rd. But either way, 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Thats not enough.

Sergei Shirokov is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:41 PM
  #990
McHortton
Accidental Tank 2016
 
McHortton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hockey View Post
The Pens offer was a first, Sutter and any young dee not named Pouliot.
which is brutal for the Canucks , really glad we didn't trade him.

As for the Anaheim trade would definitely like 8th overall + Etem + Vatanen.

McHortton is online now  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:47 PM
  #991
KahunaBaby
Registered User
 
KahunaBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaran View Post
True but the salary cap is going up and the Ducks should have enough room to add either of them with no problems so long as they are asking for reasonable amount not a crazy high amount. David Legwand I just don't see asking for a very high price. I can see something around 5.5 million per year for David Legwand. I would rather the Ducks go after either of them then trade away a lot for Ryan Kesler who might not re-sign with the Ducks after his contract is up.
You could be right. I don't have a magic ball so i don't really know what they will sign for.

However it's an insane time of year and GM's tend to do stupid things. Just go back and check the last two July's for further proof.

KahunaBaby is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:51 PM
  #992
caliamad
Registered User
 
caliamad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
which is brutal for the Canucks , really glad we didn't trade him.

As for the Anaheim trade would definitely like 8th overall + Etem + Vatanen.
yeah shocking this or the other reported offer of 2 1sts, and 2 2nds wasn't accepted.

caliamad is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:54 PM
  #993
Ryp37
Registered User
 
Ryp37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
yeah shocking this or the other reported offer of 2 1sts, and 2 2nds wasn't accepted.
4 picks would be terrible for Vancouver with their drafting

Also if I were Tampa I'd make a move for Kesler in the off-season they should have room
Stamkos-Kesler-Filppula

Ryp37 is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 06:56 PM
  #994
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ
 
EastonBlues22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,635
vCash: 500
Approaching 1000 posts.

Don't see the need to start Part VIII here on the Trade/FA board.

Discussion among the Vancouver fans can return to the Vancouver board.

Closed.

EastonBlues22 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.