HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part IX: The Real Season Starts Now!

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2014, 09:40 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Alright, time for some Pens/Sharks action.

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
Old
03-06-2014, 09:44 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
tortorella was/is not a good fit for that team IMO. Then again, their GM has also completely ****ed them the past 2-3 years too.

Old
03-06-2014, 09:47 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
tortorella was/is not a good fit for that team IMO. Then again, their GM has also completely ****ed them the past 2-3 years too.
Gillis just doesn't want Snow to have all the attention in the "worst GM in the NHL" conversation.

Old
03-07-2014, 12:02 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Zatkoff lets in a softie as the Sharks pull ahead 4-3 with about five to go in the third.

Game turned into a fun one.

Old
03-07-2014, 12:08 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Just an awesome game. Glad I watched it.

Old
03-07-2014, 12:09 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Gillis just doesn't want Snow to have all the attention in the "worst GM in the NHL" conversation.
dont forget about GMGM

Old
03-07-2014, 02:25 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
dont forget about GMGM
Poile and Holland are up there recently.

Old
03-07-2014, 07:38 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Just an awesome game. Glad I watched it.
Went to bed after the 2nd. Now I'm disappointed.

Old
03-07-2014, 09:45 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Rains so much in Vancouver, I guess they're just used to leaving things hanging out to dry.
nice

Old
03-07-2014, 09:54 AM
hawksfan50

Obviously Uncle Lou still controls Bettman..either that or Chris Chretien made the NHL an offer they could not refuse...rumour has it Bettman just removed a horsehead from his bed the morning he lightened up on the Devils...So in effect Bettman just made a deal with THE DEVIL...capiche?

Old
03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Haha and fiddy with some jokes too! This is shaping up to be one of the funnier "Around the NHL" threads I've seen!

Old
03-07-2014, 10:43 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

How do playoffs work? I though it was top 4 from each division then division finals, then conference finals. Looking at standings for wild card though it looks like 2 teams from the same division can make wild card.

Old
03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...M/picture.html

Several Bruin fans injured when netting falls

(Photo's contain blood)

Old
03-07-2014, 10:56 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Wow that's awful. Thank god it fell at the end of the game and only injured a few people

Old
03-07-2014, 11:16 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

LOL to all the people who said Lou should have given that pick up last year. He needed assets and didn't want to lose one, now he doesn't lose any.

I stood by Lou's decision to keep his pick back then as you never know what tomorrow will bring. Of course it would look bad if they lost a top 10 pick this year (and got nothing back) but this ruling makes it a bit easier to swallow for the Devils.

I am sure people will say they still **** up and should have given up that pick last year as they would have a high pick this year instead of #30, but I think Matteau will be a NHLer and there are no guarantees in life no matter where you pick. Would rather have 2 first rounders instead of a possible top 10-14 pick in this draft depending on how the season ends.

This draft isn't insane as many players ranked in the 10-16 range really don't do much for me, this will be a draft where players picked 25-65 will likely be solid as too many players lumped around each other.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
How do playoffs work? I though it was top 4 from each division then division finals, then conference finals. Looking at standings for wild card though it looks like 2 teams from the same division can make wild card.
Here's a breakdown topic I made a while back:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1537307

Long story short, three top teams in each division get in and are auto-slotted 1-3 seeds in their divisional playoffs. Then, the two best remaining teams in have conference regardless of division get in and are seeded with the better wild card team going into the division with the divisional winner with the least number of points while the second wild card goes in division with the divisional championship team with the best conference record. So, very probable that a Central team could be slotted in the Pacific or a Pacific team in the Central or both.

So, hypothetically, if we win the Central and the Ducks win the Pacific with a better record, the wild card team with the better record would be who we face off against in the first round while the wild card team with the inferior record goes up against the Ducks.

And there's no reseeding, the winner of the 1/4 matchup in the Central Divisional Playoff series will always go up against the winner of the 3/4 matchup.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Hawkaholic

Nice to see MacKinnon break Gretzkys record last night.

Does anyone still think the Avs made an error picking him instead of Seth Jones? I didn't think they did before they picked him, and I definitely don't think they did after seeing him play. Guy is going to be easily the best player from that draft.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:35 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

Does anyone still think the Avs made an error picking him instead of Seth Jones? I didn't think they did before they picked him, and I definitely don't think they did after seeing him play. Guy is going to be easily the best player from that draft.
It's tough to say. He was the best offensive prospect and Jones was the best defensive prospect. I think both will go on to have phenomenal careers so that you can't possibly make the claim that picking MacKinnon over Jones was a mistake even if Seth absolutely explodes into a habitual Norris contender, but I do think that the Panthers and Bolts might regret letting him slide to #4, not to knock their guys.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Here's a breakdown topic I made a while back:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1537307

Long story short, three top teams in each division get in and are auto-slotted 1-3 seeds in their divisional playoffs. Then, the two best remaining teams in have conference regardless of division get in and are seeded with the better wild card team going into the division with the divisional winner with the least number of points while the second wild card goes in division with the divisional championship team with the best conference record. So, very probable that a Central team could be slotted in the Pacific or a Pacific team in the Central or both.

So, hypothetically, if we win the Central and the Ducks win the Pacific with a better record, the wild card team with the better record would be who we face off against in the first round while the wild card team with the inferior record goes up against the Ducks.

And there's no reseeding, the winner of the 1/4 matchup in the Central Divisional Playoff series will always go up against the winner of the 3/4 matchup.
Makes sense. Thank you kind sir

Old
03-07-2014, 11:40 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

not at all, but I think Florida and Tampa should have their heads examined for passing on him.

I am sure Barkov will be a great player, never was a big fan of Drouin, but Jones is playing nearly 22 minutes a night as a 19 year old defensemen, doesn't get much more impressive then that imo.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Cullksinikers

I still like Drouin over Jones, but not Barkov over Jones. I feel like Barkov is going to go more the route of a guy like Jordan Staal than be the impact player he was drafted to be. He's still going to be a damn good player. Drouin has uber potential, and the same goes for Jones.

Last edited by Cullksinikers: 03-07-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old
03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Its crazy how far the Caps/Nucks have fallen

Was only a few years ago both were prime contenders and Presidents trophy winners

Old
03-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Was only a few years ago both were prime contenders and Presidents trophy winners
I bought Capitals season tickets in 2009 and 2010. Went to a few games which were always a ton of fun, it was nice seeing excitement there. Then was able to easily sell tickets I wasn't using for a nice profit. Even games like Florida on a Tuesday night I was able to get rid of. And if I couldn't make a Penguin or Rangers, etc big name team game, I'd get back 3 or 4 times what I paid for the seats.

They still sell out but the demand isn't nearly what it was. Those teams were always built to be big scoring teams with zero defense and they would get cut down in the playoffs, usually by lesser seeds and always in the first round or two. Their defense right now is a complete mess. Too many soft guys on that roster.

Old
03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Those teams' troubles can be rooted all the way back to Halak stonewalling the Capitals in the playoffs, causing them to shake up their team and the Canucks trading Christian Ehrhoff.

03-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Those teams' troubles can be rooted all the way back to Halak stonewalling the Capitals in the playoffs, causing them to shake up their team and the Canucks trading Christian Ehrhoff.
Maybe...Erhoff was a UFA though. Gillis didn't want to give him what he wanted and Pegula and the Sabres broke the bank for him.

Closed Thread