HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Broken Cheek & Orbital Bone for Knuble

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2007, 12:41 AM
  #51
Pock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
It's bad to see a player like Knuble go down like this. He really doesn't seem to be an important player with providing points and such to the team, but he provides emoiton and leadership.
The Flyers can easily rebuild for next year. The Forsberg trade helped you guys in all ways possible. Parent looks good as a prospect, Upshall scored in his debut and looked to play a strong game, you now have another 1st and a 3rd round pick. That's a ton of young talent compared to what you would have gotten from Forsberg alone. He's old, some think he retires after this season, and he is a free agent and Nashville gets his help for a solid end of a season. Chances are if he continues his career, he won't resign with the Preds.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:26 AM
  #52
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pock View Post
It's bad to see a player like Knuble go down like this. He really doesn't seem to be an important player with providing points and such to the team, but he provides emoiton and leadership.
Um, incorrect. I know you're new, but you should probably get your facts straight before posting something like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/player...e?statsId=1296

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:30 AM
  #53
the_hockey_mistress
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 263
vCash: 500
All the best to Knuble..really hard to see a player such as he and Shanny get hurt like that. Good Luck to your team in this final stretch...

a canucks fan

the_hockey_mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 06:42 AM
  #54
Goalie_Gal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Here's hoping Knuble comes out of this ok and it doesn't have any serious lingering effects/consequences. Stuff like this goes beyond hockey.

Goalie_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:50 PM
  #55
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
NBC just reported that Knuble is scheduled to undergo surgery tomorrow.

Shanny is out of the hospital and went home after first stopping at MSG to talk to the team.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 03:51 PM
  #56
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
NBC just reported that Knuble is scheduled to undergo surgery tomorrow.

Shanny is out of the hospital and went home after first stopping at MSG to talk to the team.
that cant be good...

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:34 PM
  #57
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan View Post
that cant be good...
I'm sure he just wanted to tell his teammates in person that he's fine, especially after they all saw him motionless and unconcious on the ice for a good 5-10 minutes.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 06:36 PM
  #58
gaglinefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Mike Knuble

For Mike and family; All the best and good luck in surgery. A speedy recovery and return, be well.

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 06:44 PM
  #59
Pock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post
Um, incorrect. I know you're new, but you should probably get your facts straight before posting something like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/player...e?statsId=1296
Yea, right... Barely over 40 points with a team with one single line that can play isn't impressive. He's not a point person, and you know it. If you don't think so, you don't watch enough of their games.
His career he has averaged just about half a point per game. That's nothing considering as I said before, shares the top line, and really only scoring line, for the Flyers. He had Gagne and Forsberg on his line, 2 amazing passers and Gagne an elite goal scoring foward. He had young talent like Pitkanen on defense. If you want to consider him a very point productive player, go ahead.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:22 PM
  #60
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pock View Post
Yea, right... Barely over 40 points with a team with one single line that can play isn't impressive. He's not a point person, and you know it. If you don't think so, you don't watch enough of their games.
His career he has averaged just about half a point per game. That's nothing considering as I said before, shares the top line, and really only scoring line, for the Flyers. He had Gagne and Forsberg on his line, 2 amazing passers and Gagne an elite goal scoring foward. He had young talent like Pitkanen on defense. If you want to consider him a very point productive player, go ahead.
Uh... so?

The bottom line is, when he's on the right line, he produces efficiently and is an important contributor to this team's offensive output. It's not like his offense is going to be easy to replace.

Am I saying he's a super star who can put up points on his own? No. But to say he's not an important player to this team in terms of offensive production is just blatantly untrue.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:54 PM
  #61
Pock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
He really doesn't seem to be an important player with providing points and such to the team, but he provides emoiton and leadership.

Those are my exact words about him. I never said anything about not being a productive player. I just mentioned that he isn't a threat by dishing out points.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:03 PM
  #62
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9teen7ty5 View Post
Uh... so?

The bottom line is, when he's on the right line, he produces efficiently and is an important contributor to this team's offensive output. It's not like his offense is going to be easy to replace.

Am I saying he's a super star who can put up points on his own? No. But to say he's not an important player to this team in terms of offensive production is just blatantly untrue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pock View Post
He really doesn't seem to be an important player with providing points and such to the team, but he provides emoiton and leadership.

Those are my exact words about him. I never said anything about not being a productive player. I just mentioned that he isn't a threat by dishing out points.
You're both wrong. He doesn't provide one or the other...he provides BOTH.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:18 PM
  #63
Pock*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
You're both wrong. He doesn't provide one or the other...he provides BOTH.
And you provide nothing to this conversation. 40 points in a season isn't providing many points. He provides emotionally and in a leader type way, as well as physical and any other possible way, but he can't get points. You can keep thinking that his career average of .49 points per game average is very productive, and I think that although he has improved over the years, he still isn't worthy to be considered a point contributor.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:27 PM
  #64
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pock View Post
And you provide nothing to this conversation. 40 points in a season isn't providing many points. He provides emotionally and in a leader type way, as well as physical and any other possible way, but he can't get points. You can keep thinking that his career average of .49 points per game average is very productive, and I think that although he has improved over the years, he still isn't worthy to be considered a point contributor.
43 points in 52 games this year. When you consider Gagne ("a point getter"), the team leader, only has 49 points, that's pretty ****ing good.

65 points in 82 games last year, including 34 goals.

All we're concerned about on the Flyers board is how the players perform as Flyers. Knuble has been a major contributor for the Flyers the last two seasons, whether you refuse to believe it or not. I could care less what he's done before last season.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:52 PM
  #65
markzab
Registered User
 
markzab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,449
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
43 points in 52 games this year. When you consider Gagne ("a point getter"), the team leader, only has 49 points, that's pretty ****ing good.

65 points in 82 games last year, including 34 goals.

All we're concerned about on the Flyers board is how the players perform as Flyers. Knuble has been a major contributor for the Flyers the last two seasons, whether you refuse to believe it or not. I could care less what he's done before last season.



Class is in session.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:22 AM
  #66
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,847
vCash: 500
Yeah, a player who potted 34 last year, along with 65 pts

and

a full season this year projected at 68 pts

sure isn't a good scoring forward


idiot.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.