HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Don't Fire Renney(only post if you agree?!)

Old
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 500
Don't Fire Renney(only post if you agree?!)

What kind of nonsense is: "only post if you agree"?

What , no one here can handle some lively debate anymore? Seriously, this is a freaking MESSAGE BOARD...meaning you are SUPPOSED to discuss things, not keep your mouth shut!

oh, and by the way:
we are 4-1 in our last 5 games...the game before that being an OT loss to the Devils. Still want to fire Renney? Or do you expect the Rangers to just win every game that is left on our schedule?

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:31 PM
mattyd99

Thank you.

I'm so tired of this. It's amazing Renney has actually brought a system of hockey to this team, something Ron Low or John Muckler couldn't do, and everyone wants him out. If you guys want to go back to those days fine, but I don't. I want to watch a game and actually think we can win. And one more thing if we have fired our coach and released as many guys and made as many trades as so many people have wanted, we wouldve had about 8 coaches and the only person who would be left from the opening night roster would be Lundqvist.

Basically the point of this rant is that we are in the same position points wise as a few years ago but the nature of this team is so much better off. This team will compete for years even if we don't make the playoffs and it's because Renney has built a solid system and we have a solid core of players playing to it. Firing Renney ruins all of this and puts right where we were during that 7 year playoff drought.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:37 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I agree with this thread.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:56 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
As do I, everyone just get off the damn bandwagon and take a stand one way or the other, I'm so sick of these "Fire Renney" posts coming up everytime after we lose.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Block More Shots

We're gonna lose some games down the stretch...we just have to win the ones that count more than the others. Games against MTL, Isles, Toronto, and Carolina come to mind.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Pock*

When we win, he's a genius, when we lose, he needs to be fired.
I may not like him and most of his moves, but he has proved he can make changes in situations that will affect the team positively. He doesn't make the greatest of choices, but he learns from them. He commented on deciding not to dress Orr for the Philly game, and realized he had made a mistake. Everyone fires on Renney for making a mistake, but when he corrects it and it results in a win or a positive direction, no one says anything negative.
Keep Renney one more year. If we fail to make the playoffs, he should fail to be our coach.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:17 PM
dank

pakow!

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
I dont agree with everything he does, but for the most part (aside from not dressing Orr on Saturday) I agree with his moves and decisions. He is the best coach we have had in a while IMO....

Only thing that bothers me is the lack of motivation/chemistry.. but with the addition of Avery and Dupuis, that seems to have faded..... at least for now....

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:09 AM
The Thomas J.*

I agree...While Renney has not had the Midas touch he had last year, this is a diffrent team with An Injured Jagr, He does do some things that make me scratch my head and he sticks with line combos long after they have proved they dont work or aren't working, But Renney has put a system into place that should make this a contending team for years to come, long after Jagr hangs them up.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
I agree...While Renney has not had the Midas touch he had last year, this is a diffrent team with An Injured Jagr, He does do some things that make me scratch my head and he sticks with line combos long after they have proved they dont work or aren't working, But Renney has put a system into place that should make this a contending team for years to come, long after Jagr hangs them up.
What are you talking about? The Devils have a system the Ducks play a system I never once seen one in NY. Renney is a joke no Power play no youth from a guy who preached about it. System for blowing leads and leaning on vets past their prime yea it will work way past Jagr

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 02:00 AM
JRGNYR

Some of Renney's personnel decisions leave a lot to be desired, but does he deserve to get fired? Probably not. The fact this team as it's currently built is over .500 is actually pretty good. Last year he and the team were the beneficiaries of a record year from Jagr.

Dagoon, you're so dead set on firing Renney, but you have provided zero alternatives. Who are you nominating to take the job, yourself?

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 08:07 AM
gaglinefan

Renney

I'm po'd too however we need to see where we go from here. Coach has an opportunity to lead, and nothing takes the place of winning. Lots will be forgiven if we can drive to the playoffs and maybe win a couple of games. If the reverse happens, no excuses, management has to look at a change.

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 08:38 AM
eco's bones

Renney might not be the best head coach--however he is better on his worst days than Low or Trottier on their best. Right now IMO would be a stupid time to fire him--not when the team is fighting for the playoffs and still pretty much in it--one thing I don't get from the fire Renney right now crowd is who are you going to replace him with? (I'm sure there are plenty of guys--but who?). If it comes to the point where it's obvious we're not going to make it you fire him then if you have to--you don't stop the horse and change jockeys during the stretch run. Even so fired as coach or not I'd like Renney to stay in the organization--he's a smart guy and he's dedicated. I'll say the same for Schoenfeld. To me those our two good guys to keep up around in some kind of capacity.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 08:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I have never once suggested firing Renney this season.

02-19-2007, 08:41 AM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

this is beacuase you are a wise man.

B.D. Gallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:16 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
What are you talking about? The Devils have a system the Ducks play a system I never once seen one in NY. Renney is a joke no Power play no youth from a guy who preached about it. System for blowing leads and leaning on vets past their prime yea it will work way past Jagr
Wait a minute, i thought you could only post in here if you agree not to Fire Renney...

Im confused...

???

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:07 AM
NYROrtsFan

I agree... has some faults but so does nearly every other coach.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

I say **** Renney and lest fire his ass and get a coach who believes in giving some youth a chance to play.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 10:45 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha25Graves988 View Post
I say **** Renney and lest fire his ass and get a coach who believes in giving some youth a chance to play.
OK. Name that coach. It's too easy just to say fire him. Come up with a name.

Then come up with the names of the young guys who are legitimately ready to play at the NHL level.

And before you talk about playing youth, look at the line up:

Avery(26)
Prucha (24)
Hossa (25)
Hollweg (23)
Dupuis (27)
Orr (24)
Betts (27)
Girardi (22)
Rachunek (27)
Rozsival (28)
Tyutin (23)
Lundqvist (24)
Pock (25)

These are the guys on the roster who are younger than 29 years old.

Now look at this:

Ozolinsh (34) gone.
Kasparaitis (34) gone.
Ward (28) replaced with a guy who is 26.
Hall (26) replaced with a guy who is 27.

So before you just regurgitate the old line of "playing youth", take a real look at this team.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Come up with a name.
Good point, we don't say "fire Jagr" when he aren't scoring.

Andy Murray is a coach I like allot, but I doubt many here would do the same.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000402004.html
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000402003.html

He missed the PO's with these two teams, and didn't exactly bring in a TON of youth. Guys like Frolov and Cammalleri made it after a while... Both pretty good prospects and Cammalleri needed two years before he got a bigger role.

Though Murray were one of the few options who were available, and he dissaperaed in a hurry.

Dave King? is a good youth coach, but he made the PO's 3 out 6 seasons in the NHL, and never made it past the 1st round.

I don't know who else is out there, Pat Burnes? Quinn?

I have a hard time seeing a unexperienced coach comming to NY and not have a win now attitude. We all know how happy we fans are when we win, and how critical we are when we loose here in NY. I mean if he plays one player at a positiong were the fans don't agree with and only plays .500 hockey, 18200 people in the MSG will want him to be fired.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 11:52 AM
eco's bones

I'll reiterate a point I made earlier. The next two three weeks may decide whether we're going to the playoffs or not. Do you fire your coach now?--and replace him with who? Whether you like Renney or not--now is not the time.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Stoney La Rock

Like a few of you had said, I don't always understand (or agree with) Renney's decisions, but then, he's coaching at an elite level and I'm not. I think it's important for all of the naysayers here to look at the big picture instead of going game by game. Are we better off than we were five or six years ago? Definitely. Renney's a good coach and I'm ready to support him, because my opinion is that the Rangers have come a long way under his system.

I do have to add, however, that if the Rangers don't make the playoffs this year and someone's job has to be on the chopping block, I'm very afraid it's going to be Renney's. Unfortunately, a coach is only perceived to be as good as his last success, and if the team "slips on a banana peel" again (which was the way he explained last season's playoff fiasco), him and the banana peel will probably be sitting unemployed in an alleyway near the Garden.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
OK. Name that coach. It's too easy just to say fire him. Come up with a name.

Then come up with the names of the young guys who are legitimately ready to play at the NHL level.

And before you talk about playing youth, look at the line up:

Avery(26)
Prucha (24)
Hossa (25)
Hollweg (23)
Dupuis (27)
Orr (24)
Betts (27)
Girardi (22)
Rachunek (27)
Rozsival (28)
Tyutin (23)
Lundqvist (24)
Pock (25)

These are the guys on the roster who are younger than 29 years old.

Now look at this:

Ozolinsh (34) gone.
Kasparaitis (34) gone.
Ward (28) replaced with a guy who is 26.
Hall (26) replaced with a guy who is 27.

So before you just regurgitate the old line of "playing youth", take a real look at this team.
Thanks for this post. Now I don't have to lokk it all up and argue my point, you did it for me. It seems too many of these fickle NY fans have VERY SHORT memories. Couple of years ago, this franchise fielded one of the oldest lineups in the NHL!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 04:49 PM
WheresBarnaby

I agree he should stay for now. I too haven't liked everything he's done, but for the most part, the only time I thought about going a different route, was when we had that last big losing skid. Other than playing Malik constantly, I think he's done well overall. This team was designed by he and Sather, and it's Renney's sytem they're playing. I don't think another coach could just step on that bench and be succesful.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 05:09 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

These threads are getting ridiculous

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote