HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2014, 02:10 AM
  #276
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,794
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
This year's WP are a bunch of rejects and gap-filler save Kristo, Miller and DGM lol... They are like District 5, but no coach Bombay in sight lol
Pretty sure Allen, Lindberg and Fast all will have NHL careers

BBKers is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 03:27 PM
  #277
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Andrew Yogan and Michael St.Croix back to ECHL


http://theahl.com/stats/transactions...&f_team_id=307

i doubt they will be NHL players, heck they are not even AHL players at the moment, yes i know they are young but this is not a good sign especially when you have guys like O'Donnell who is useless......

i had high hopes for Yogan to be a Kyle Clifford type 4th liner but he cant even stay in the AHL..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 04:08 PM
  #278
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 6,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
it shows the lack of quality prospects and lack of depth in the organization..
Good thing they keep throwing away draft picks.

ThisYearsModel is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
  #279
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Andrew Yogan and Michael St.Croix back to ECHL


http://theahl.com/stats/transactions...&f_team_id=307

i doubt they will be NHL players, heck they are not even AHL players at the moment, yes i know they are young but this is not a good sign especially when you have guys like O'Donnell who is useless......

i had high hopes for Yogan to be a Kyle Clifford type 4th liner but he cant even stay in the AHL..
Clifford lives a lot off his rep as a tough player willing to go with anybody. That's not really Yogan's style. Yogan's numbers this year have been extremely disappointing though. He has one more year on his ELC. Probably sending him down to see if he can get some confidence back because otherwise I think it would be Jean going down--this year is it for his ELC and frankly after the first two or three weeks of his rookie season his offense fell right off the cliff and nobody's been able to find it since.

As for O'Donnell--he's older. He's an AHL--not NHL contract guy. He's also been a willing combatant--not necessarily a very good one. He's had 9 or 10 AHL fights this year and he's not an every day player. Jean when he's doing nothing is really doing nothing. O'Donnell at least tries to be involved.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 05:05 PM
  #280
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Clifford lives a lot off his rep as a tough player willing to go with anybody. That's not really Yogan's style. Yogan's numbers this year have been extremely disappointing though. He has one more year on his ELC. Probably sending him down to see if he can get some confidence back because otherwise I think it would be Jean going down--this year is it for his ELC and frankly after the first two or three weeks of his rookie season his offense fell right off the cliff and nobody's been able to find it since.

As for O'Donnell--he's older. He's an AHL--not NHL contract guy. He's also been a willing combatant--not necessarily a very good one. He's had 9 or 10 AHL fights this year and he's not an every day player. Jean when he's doing nothing is really doing nothing. O'Donnell at least tries to be involved.
How does a guy like Michael Kantor has 0 pts? I thought he would be a pest type forward with some skill.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-06-2014, 07:58 PM
  #281
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
How does a guy like Michael Kantor has 0 pts? I thought he would be a pest type forward with some skill.
Kantor is an energy forward. He is going to have to specialize in areas like penalty killing to have any chance to make the NHL. Think in terms of a more agitating version of Jed Ortmeyer. That's his top upside probably and he's still got to improve to get there. So far he's fought a number of times--not very memorably. Some things he does pretty well is hit and hit hard and often which tells me he's probably a pretty good skater. What I get out of it all is he's young and willing. He was a leader on his Sudbury-OHL team. I imagine he's hurt right now since he hasn't played in a while. Expecting point production from him-it might be better for him to get that kind of confidence in the ECHL at this point in time.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 07:40 AM
  #282
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
3-game weekend for the Pack. Springfield, Albany and Manchester. So the two conference leaders plus the baby Devils who are always a pain.

With Miller back down and Kristo apparently returning from his injury, they should be good contests.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 07:08 PM
  #283
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Kristo scores his first shift out on his first game back. Bank shot off the skate of a defenseman from behind the net - basically he threw it into the crowd in front and got a lucky bounce. (Then again, scorers make their own luck, right?)

Pack up 1-0 with 18 min to go in the first.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 07:08 PM
  #284
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
EDIT: duplicate post.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 09:16 PM
  #285
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Pack beat the second best team in the conference 6-2. I missed the last two goals, but both Fast and Miller were fantastic and both finished 1-2-3. Hrivik with 2 assists. Not sure how Lindberg finished without a point, but he was good too.

McIlrath and Allen were both fine - not particularly special, but made some nice plays here and there. Hughes, who has been more noticeable recently, had a goal - it was one of the one I missed, but his game has been picking up. Not gonna say he has an NHL future ahead of him, but he's progressing to the point that I think you can call him an above average AHL defender.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 09:43 PM
  #286
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Pack beat the second best team in the conference 6-2. I missed the last two goals, but both Fast and Miller were fantastic and both finished 1-2-3. Hrivik with 2 assists. Not sure how Lindberg finished without a point, but he was good too.

McIlrath and Allen were both fine - not particularly special, but made some nice plays here and there. Hughes, who has been more noticeable recently, had a goal - it was one of the one I missed, but his game has been picking up. Not gonna say he has an NHL future ahead of him, but he's progressing to the point that I think you can call him an above average AHL defender.

Hughes plays a good simple game. Same with Stamler.

As far as Miller and Fast go, those two are something else together. Hopefully they come up together and can be the next Cally and Dubi.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:10 PM
  #287
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Hughes plays a good simple game. Same with Stamler.

As far as Miller and Fast go, those two are something else together. Hopefully they come up together and can be the next Cally and Dubi.
100% agreed. (Well, Stamler is okay I guess. )

Not sure how Fast makes it to the big club now that they have Nash/MSL/MZA down the right side - maybe next year they move MZA (who supposedly doesn't care which side he plays) over to the left side? - but you're absolutely right about Fast and Miller. They work so well off each other. In the offensive zone, Miller carves down the middle and Fast controls the puck wide looking for the pass; when Miller goes behind the net, drawing the defense to him, Fast finds the space between the defenders out front. In the defensive zone, Miller is the aggressor, trying to separate the attacker from the puck and skating it out; Fast covers for him - plays like a 3rd defenseman (although to be fair, he should have been a little more physical in the crease on one of the Falcons' goals) and breaks out to accept the stretch pass once the Pack have clear control.

I'm a huge fan of both.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:13 PM
  #288
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,695
vCash: 910
Awards:
In Sweden, Fast played on both the left and the right. I don't know if he has a preference, but he seems to be fairly comfortable on either side.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:26 PM
  #289
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
In Sweden, Fast played on both the left and the right. I don't know if he has a preference, but he seems to be fairly comfortable on either side.
True, but I get the sense that he's one of those players who does better on his natural side. (And it's a bonus to have a righty who plays there.) That said, he hasn't had any time on the left in NA (that I'm aware of) other than I think the first 2-3 games of last summer's TC tourney, so perhaps there's something to what you suggest. I do recall highlights of him attacking down the left side in Sweden and he plays the left point on the #1 PP for the Pack.

I hope we don't waste the kid - he's got some special qualities. Would love to see him have a good, long run with the big club, but if we determine that there's no room, at least move him as part of a package for a true 1C or RH PMD.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:31 PM
  #290
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
True, but I get the sense that he's one of those players who does better on his natural side. (And it's a bonus to have a righty who plays there.) That said, he hasn't had any time on the left in NA (that I'm aware of) other than I think the first 2-3 games of last summer's TC tourney, so perhaps there's something to what you suggest. I do recall highlights of him attacking down the left side in Sweden and he plays the left point on the #1 PP for the Pack.

I hope we don't waste the kid - he's got some special qualities. Would love to see him have a good, long run with the big club, but if we determine that there's no room, at least move him as part of a package for a true 1C or RH PMD.
Fast was playing the LW with Lindberg and Kristo at TC but also for a few weeks in Hartford. The problem is that he becomes more of a passer and less of a shooter on the LW. He was setting up Kristo all the time.

Honestly, one of those other guys should move to LW and have Fast and Miller play with them. They gotta pay Zuc and Kreider and this team needs youth badly, so him, Miller, and maybe Lindberg would be good replacements for Boyle/Moore/Carcillo if they don't come back. They can get those guys PP and PK time.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:38 PM
  #291
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,743
vCash: 500
It will be interesting to see how the Rangers upgrade in the offseason. Assuming Richards is gone, that leaves 2 top 9 forward slots open. Center and 1 wing. MZA's flexibility means it could be either RW or LW. Kristo is strictly a RWer. Fast plays both. Neither player adds any size whatsoever to the lineup.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:43 PM
  #292
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
It should be mentioned that I BELIEVE Kristo is a Group 6 UFA next summer if he doesn't get 80 NHL games between now and then.

He's a very good prospect, but he needs to be moved to a Buffalo, Florida, Edmonton or Calgary that can actually play him and retain his rights in the offseason.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:48 PM
  #293
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
It should be mentioned that I BELIEVE Kristo is a Group 6 UFA next summer if he doesn't get 80 NHL games between now and then.

He's a very good prospect, but he needs to be moved to a Buffalo, Florida, Edmonton or Calgary that can actually play him and retain his rights in the offseason.
how is that possible UFA at age of 24??


on Capgeek it says RFA.. http://capgeek.com/player/2432

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:48 PM
  #294
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
It should be mentioned that I BELIEVE Kristo is a Group 6 UFA next summer if he doesn't get 80 NHL games between now and then.

He's a very good prospect, but he needs to be moved to a Buffalo, Florida, Edmonton or Calgary that can actually play him and retain his rights in the offseason.
Really? Cap geek has him as a RFA this offseason.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:51 PM
  #295
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Really? Cap geek has him as a RFA this offseason.
I may be wrong. Did he get the 2-year SPC? That might explain it. He'll be 25 next summer, but if he's got to re-up this summer, that makes things interesting. (And is good to hear - I thought we were between a rock and a hard place as regards him.)

The kid has an NHL offensive game, but needs to work on his defense. Not sure whether he's a contributor to a winning club, but I think he'll make the league at some point as a 2nd/3rd line scorer.

I say sign him - and then move him.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:56 PM
  #296
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,922
vCash: 500
Group 6 rules from Wiki.

Quote:
Group 6 free agents (must be elected by the player): Players who have reached age 25, who have 3 accrued years of professional experience (that is, beyond junior or collegiate hockey), and whose contracts have expired, but have played less than:

80 NHL games played for forwards and defensemen.
28 NHL games played for goaltenders.
If he takes a 1 year deal this summer, he will be a UFA on July 1, 2015. He will turn 25 June 18th, 2015. Hopefully they can sign him for more than one year this summer.

17futurecap is offline  
Old
03-07-2014, 10:58 PM
  #297
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 500
Miller and Fast are both very useful and diverse players. Miller can play all three forward positions, is good along the boards, and strong with the puck.

Fast plays either wing, is an excellent passer, plays the point on the PP, and has already PKd for the big club.

Rangers need youth next season. I'd love to see Fast given a crack with MSL.

There's a reason Sather and Gorton didn't trade either when they could've instead of the two picks.

Even with all the forwards, no one knows if Richards, Brassard at over $4 million, Pouliot, and the entire fourth line will be back.

Some UFAs will be brought it, but no one knows what the lineup will look like. Also, just because they're on the fourth line, they can get PK or PP time. Rangers are very top heave on skill, and low on skill on the bottom lines. Players like Miller and Fast add skill, grit, and multidimensions to the lines.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
03-08-2014, 01:59 AM
  #298
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,168
vCash: 500
Miller needs to replace Pouliot this offseason.

Fasth can replace Carcillo.

I'd go to war with this lineup:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richards - MSL
Miller - Brassard - MZA
Fasth - Lindberg - Boyle (bring back Boyle, let Moore go, or vice versa...but my preference is Boyle..i think hes a solid 4th liner)

Inferno is offline  
Old
03-08-2014, 02:21 AM
  #299
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,794
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Miller needs to replace Pouliot this offseason.

Fasth can replace Carcillo.

I'd go to war with this lineup:

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Richards - MSL
Miller - Brassard - MZA
Fasth - Lindberg - Boyle (bring back Boyle, let Moore go, or vice versa...but my preference is Boyle..i think hes a solid 4th liner)
Nash - Stepan - MSL
Vanek - Brassard - MZA
Kreider - Miller - Fasth
Hagelin - Lindberg - Boyle

Carcillo

BBKers is offline  
Old
03-08-2014, 06:00 AM
  #300
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Nash - Stepan - MSL
Vanek - Brassard - MZA
Kreider - Miller - Fasth
Hagelin - Lindberg - Boyle

Carcillo
Hagelin on the 4th line?! Nash on the LW hasn't really worked out in the past and I don't know how they would fit Vanek under the cap. If they did I'd rather see:

Vanek - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - MSL
Hagelin - Miller - MZA
Boyle - Moore - Fast

Still think its highly unlikely Vanek is brought in though.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.