*OFFICIAL* Saginaw Spirit 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2014, 02:33 PM
clearwater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Crockett View Post
It's unfortunate considering that there were more players involved in the off ice incident which took place. If Trafford was sent home they should have all been sent home. Equal punishment for the players involved.

Totally agree, both guilty of the same offense. One sent home and the other stays and gets a regular shift, bad decision by management and coaches and it looks bad in the eyes of the players. No wonder this teams play is inconsistent, look at the coaches and management inconsistency.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 03-10-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old
03-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Luvtowatch

[QUOTE=clearwater;81124791]
Quote:
It's unfortunate considering that there were more players involved in the off ice incident which took place. If Trafford was sent home they should have all been sent home. Equal punishment for the players involved.

[/QUOTE

Totally agree, both guilty of the same offense. One sent home and the other stays and gets a regular shift, bad decision by management and coaches and it looks bad in the eyes of the players. No wonder this teams play is inconsistent, look at the coaches and management inconsistency.
How about the coaches themselves? Great influences on the boys.

Old
03-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Looks like Vincent Trocheck is going to be getting the call up to the Panthers. Congrats and good luck Vince!

Old
03-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Overeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Looks like Vincent Trocheck is going to be getting the call up to the Panthers. Congrats and good luck Vince!
Great for Vin. Kingpin, I see a lot of similarities between Stephens and Trocheck when he matures. There is a good video with Trocheck and Payne in Plymouth. Payne wearing #8 playing a bit like Cam Neely with an edge lately.
There is some chatter about what happened on the road trip but we need to look foreword to the playoffs and enjoy as much as we can because this team loses a lot next year.
Wondering whether we will get some consistency going into the playoffs ?

Old
03-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overeasy View Post
Great for Vin. Kingpin, I see a lot of similarities between Stephens and Trocheck when he matures. There is a good video with Trocheck and Payne in Plymouth. Payne wearing #8 playing a bit like Cam Neely with an edge lately.
There is some chatter about what happened on the road trip but we need to look foreword to the playoffs and enjoy as much as we can because this team loses a lot next year.
Wondering whether we will get some consistency going into the playoffs ?
Yeah we lose a lot but the guys we keep I think are much more valuable/are better key pieces for us so the hit won't be quite as bad as some people think.

Old
03-07-2014, 11:15 AM
willy29

Quote:

Couldn't agree more - what message does this send all of the other players on the team or new ones coming into this organization? Not good.

Old
03-07-2014, 12:55 PM
bcspragu

While I have no idea what happened in the "off ice incident", outside of rumors, I would have to say that it appears there could be some outside influences (I.E NHL Teams, Agents) that are tying the Spirit's hands when it comes to punishment.

Old
03-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Sonny Crockett

Quote:
If Gilbert is trying to purge the minorities, why is Trafford a big part of this team? Because he actually has some skill. He a great PK guy, solid on D and his speed makes him a threat on offense.
Enough said!!!

Old
03-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Enough said!!!
Enough said what?

I would consider a second line, PK guy a decent part of the team.

And he did have skill. His speed did make him an offensive threat. But he wasn't fast enough to run through 3 defenders on his own. Got to use your teammates. He also WAS good defensively and on the PK. But he stopped playing D for some reason.

Basically he went to bad habits the second half of the season.

Old
03-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Torontonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy29 View Post
Is Trafford hurt as he has not been in the lineup for the past three games?
Guys, Trafford is my friend in real life and on Monday March 3rd we went missing and has been missing for a week now. Thats why he is not in the line up. Hopefully Terry shows up soon.... (Im not joking at all..)

Old
03-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontonian View Post
Guys, Trafford is my friend in real life and on Monday March 3rd we went missing and has been missing for a week now. Thats why he is not in the line up. Hopefully Terry shows up soon.... (Im not joking at all..)
Holy cow, you aren't kidding.

Hope he is ok and that he is found soon.

Old
03-08-2014, 08:48 PM
kodiak9

Quote:

https://twitter.com/KNowosatko/statu...589952/photo/1

Old
03-08-2014, 09:06 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

Former teammate Sam Povorozniouk made a similar comment on twitter, by all accounts he's missing.

Old
03-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Nabru
HFBoards Sponsor

http://m.torontosun.com/2014/03/08/j...afford-missing

Old
03-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Lyons89

what was the off ice incident that happened?

Old
03-09-2014, 09:44 AM
WhalerBlue

First off, I hope that he is found safely. I have some questions that only a few could answer....Why is this disappearance not noted on the front page of the team website? This is pretty serious stuff, or atleast I think it is. Is there circumstances that lead anybody to believe that he did this because of team/personal issues? Hope all ends well for this young man. I can't imagine what his family is going through.

Old
03-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ss...-+MLive.com%29

Old
03-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Sonny Crockett

I seriously hope that nothing has happened to Trafford and that he is safe. I think its now apparent that there are problems in Saginaw that the OHL and Hockey Canada need to investigate which includes the treatment of minority players that have been and continue to be treated differently.

Old
03-09-2014, 11:24 AM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:
I seriously hope that nothing has happened to Trafford and that he is safe. I think its now apparent that there are problems in Saginaw that the OHL and Hockey Canada need to investigate which includes the treatment of minority players that have been and continue to be treated differently.
I know very little about the facts surrounding Terry's disappearance so I'm wondering why you made the point about the treatment of minority players? Has Trafford been treated differently in the past? Are you speculating that his disappearance could be race related? Just asking for clarification.
Regardless, we are all hoping that he returns safe and sound.

Old
03-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Overeasy

With the Young incident last year and what is going on with Trafford not good !
I am sure the issue is related to the team discipline and not race related. A lot of questions will emerge and there will be some sort of accountability to the organization. Let's hope Terry is safe and just needing a break !

Old
03-09-2014, 12:14 PM
RayzorIsDull

I think there are a lot of questions to be answered like why is this just coming out almost a week later? Who started last night making the plea to look for him? His parents haven't said a word either. This is all pretty strange imo.

Old
03-09-2014, 01:35 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Some interesting tweets coming form this Twitter account

https://twitter.com/OHLinsiders

Old
03-09-2014, 03:14 PM
OHLInsiders

Gunna post on here the exact same thing I've told the Toronto Sun:

Terry had not played an OHL game since mid February. He was sent home by the Saginaw Spirit for disciplinary reasons. His family (in Toronto), were not aware that he was no longer with the club. When he returned home, his father gave him some cash (to finish out the season-unaware he was in trouble with his team) and also swapped him vehicles because Terry's car was having troubles. Terry returned to Saginaw. On Monday he packed his truck with a few items and took off by himself. I do not believe a kidnapping is what has happened.

What is concerning is Terry's mental state. He's shown signs of depression and has told his girlfriend of 4 years that he "wanted to die" or that he "hated his life and couldn't do it anymore."

The Saginaw Spirit, specifically coach Greg Gilbert believe Terry is just trying to make the organization look bad by setting up a whole "Missing" plot.

So in other words it seems as if Terry is trying to make his organization look bad as payback for not playing him and that is why the Spirit have not seemed too concerned (they are playing right now as if nothing is going on.)

Old
03-09-2014, 03:57 PM
hockeykid87

How could his family not realize he wasn't with the team? I dunno about you guys, but if I had a son who played major junior hockey, I would be watching/listening to every game.

Old
03-09-2014, 04:03 PM
kodiak9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
How could his family not realize he wasn't with the team? I dunno about you guys, but if I had a son who played major junior hockey, I would be watching/listening to every game.
And Greg Gilbert did not say anything to the family that He was sent home by the Saginaw Spirit for disciplinary reasons.

Closed Thread