GDT 2/17 Thrashers @ Ottawa- Gamera Kidnapped Edition

Old
02-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Shameus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
I hope Belkin wins control of the team.
Bite your freak'n tongue. Belkin wins that thing....he has no roots in this town and would probably sell it and see it moved.

Kari cost the team the game today. Plain and simple. I thought the rest of the team played a pretty decent game. Kari just gave up to many rebounds and just didn't play like he wanted it. He was trying to be to fancy a lot. One one play where he gave up a rebound off of his glove, Eliot pointed out how he was trying to do that flick of his wrist thing where he puts an emphasis on the fact that he made the save, before he had the puck. He was just off in his own world today.

Oh, and the empty netter was Slava's fault. He kicked the puck right out of the scrum to the Sens player.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 05:00 PM
StevenintheATL

The way the Thrashers have been playing as of late, it's only a matter of time before I throw my remote through the TV. I'm seriously ticked off to say the least. This road trip has been a complete and utter disaster. I don't even think these guys could beat Carolina Tuesday night. Somebody needs to light a fire under the collective ***** of the Thrashers, from Waddell on down. Here's my list of suggestions:

1. Strip Mellanby of the Captaincy. He's not providing the key leadership the team needs from their Captain. Give the C to Holik or Kozlov.
2. Quit riding Lehtonen so hard. They play Moose so little it's no surprise he had such a bad game the other night.
3. Trade for some help on the blueline.
4. Shake up the coaching staff by firing either Weeks or McCrimmon. Let Hartley know that he's next if things get any worse.

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 05:11 PM
cosape

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackaveli View Post
Also especially in OT, we should just play for the Shootout like Dallas does. I don't care if its boring hockey to play the trap but when we are on a bad losing streak we need to get a win no matter what. But this team just sucks right now.
Fully agree. Let´s start to play like in start of the season and keep own goal untouchable. Hozlov and Ilya will take care of the rest. And where is the old Sutton, man is pretty much driving myself to heart attack if same game continues.

Niko made a big mistake in Ottawa´s third goal when trying to help defense to chase the man with the puck and left his own man standing at the front of the net. Also Kari wasn´t able to keep the pucks and gave quite many opportunities for opponents to continue after shooting the puck towards him.

It´s time to look at the mirror before going to Raleigh and having Tampa at Philips. This team has all cards in hand to make it to the playoffs but looks like they don´t want to use best ones but hoping to win with giving out only average ones.

cosape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Shameus

I was sitting here thinking about how people have been calling for DW's head and thinking that while he has failed miserably on the trade front the past 2 seasons....his last few drafts have gone pretty well. The players that will be moving into the Atlanta squad in the next few seasons will be some of the best the team has drafted. With that said in today's game there were only 4 players (Kovy, Kari, Slater, and XLB) that this team has drafted. I realized that and said wow.....just wow.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 05:57 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

I say start selling off our UFA's and stock up on picks for the NEW GM to use this summer. Our system sucks. Bryan Little was relegated to 4th line center in the world Jr.'s. Another disappointment from another small player in this system.

Bourret looked like the little kids that skate on the ice during the anthem when he was given a looksie in preseason, and where's Valabik? He's not even mentioned anywhere as being NHL talent.

Waddell is a mistake long ignored.

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Lux Aurumque*

One word.

Horrible.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 07:13 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
well i had fun despite the game....

that's silvercup to my right and pothier on the far left

and lyd & i skated on the canal this afternoon...it was a blast

silvercup took this really nice picture of hossa at warmups

she rocks!

we were on hockey night in canada!!!

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 07:25 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I'm glad you got some decent weather for skating on the canal.

It was pretty cold during the week but warmed up on the weekend.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Blue32

Awww...you guys are so cute.

EXCELLENT picture of Hossa, Lydia. You do indeed rock.

I love you, girlie. Take care of Sal for me.

Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 07:27 PM
nfieldr

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post

we were on hockey night in canada!!!
I saw you! That was awesome!

nfieldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:52 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfieldr View Post
I saw you! That was awesome!
i wonder if anyone taped it

Old
02-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Pothier

Quote:
you made it back :p

did I forget the shirt in your car by any chance?

Pothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothier View Post
you made it back :p

did I forget the shirt in your car by any chance?
yep, it's in her front seat.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2007, 11:34 PM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
yep, it's in her front seat.
no, now it is in my hotel room.....i'll get it to you, dude, don't worry! i'm here til wednesday

Old
02-18-2007, 12:49 AM
nfieldr

Quote:
I had it on Tivo (ReplayTV actually), but I was so disgusted after we lost, yet again, that I immediately deleted it after I finished watching. Sorry... I should have thought to save it after I saw the Thashers jersey in the pre-game show.

Old
02-18-2007, 12:51 AM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfieldr View Post
I had it on Tivo (ReplayTV actually), but I was so disgusted after we lost, yet again, that I immediately deleted it after I finished watching. Sorry... I should have thought to save it after I saw the Thashers jersey in the pre-game show.
oh darn! that was probably the best part of the game

Old
02-18-2007, 06:00 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
The way the Thrashers have been playing as of late, it's only a matter of time before I throw my remote through the TV. I'm seriously ticked off to say the least. This road trip has been a complete and utter disaster. I don't even think these guys could beat Carolina Tuesday night. Somebody needs to light a fire under the collective ***** of the Thrashers, from Waddell on down. Here's my list of suggestions:

1. Strip Mellanby of the Captaincy. He's not providing the key leadership the team needs from their Captain. Give the C to Holik or Kozlov.
2. Quit riding Lehtonen so hard. They play Moose so little it's no surprise he had such a bad game the other night.
3. Trade for some help on the blueline.
4. Shake up the coaching staff by firing either Weeks or McCrimmon. Let Hartley know that he's next if things get any worse.

1. Worst thing to do when your going down the stretch to the playoffs (which they will be in) and if they do take it away...Kozlov has earned that slot
2. Gotta roll with your #1 as much as possible. Look how often Marty and Roberto are playing.
3. Who would you want, and who would you trade away? ATL isn't going to get a Foppa style trade without losing someone like Kozlov or Holik
4. Kinda hard to challenge the coach that is slotted right now to be be Coach of the Year

The team shoots themself in the foot because they are overly aggressive when they are up. They don't know how to play a tight defense down on their end. They all scatter like cockroaches when you turn the light on....definately needs to be worked on.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:00 AM
ExplosiveLEAFman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1PWR View Post
2. Gotta roll with your #1 as much as possible. Look how often Marty and Roberto are playing.

4. Kinda hard to challenge the coach that is slotted right now to be be Coach of the Year
Brodeur and Luongo have a ton of experience, Kari is a first year starter. With a capable back up, there is no reason to play Kari as much as Hartley has. I agree with playing your number one down the stretch, but there should have been more balance between the goalies during the first half of the season.

I have to assume I misunderstood #4.

Bob Hartley: Coach of the Year. HA!

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:22 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivethinman View Post
Brodeur and Luongo have a ton of experience, Kari is a first year starter. With a capable back up, there is no reason to play Kari as much as Hartley has. I agree with playing your number one down the stretch, but there should have been more balance between the goalies during the first half of the season.

I have to assume I misunderstood #4.

Bob Hartley: Coach of the Year. HA!
I agree, that the Moose def needs to be played more, but not against key rivals that it would be hard to for him to probably win at (can't say that he wouldn't as Backstrom proved to us against Nashville yesterday). Kari needs to get the epxerience against how some of the playoff caliber teams will play so he can also get mentally prepared. Nothing can give you more of an edge than if you KNOW you can stop that team from scoring.

Far as Hartley as Coach of the year....here is the unofficial so far, as hes held it the entire season so far:

Old
02-18-2007, 09:30 AM
gamera

why is Lidstrom a shrunken head??

Old
02-18-2007, 11:24 AM
JennHckyGrrl

If Coach Hartley is the coach of the year then I'm the Queen of Spain.

Gamera - LOVE your avatar.

JennHckyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:27 AM
nfieldr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennHckyGrrl View Post
Most def... I *hate* thundersticks. I actually saw a pair for
sale on eBay. :-)

Old
02-18-2007, 12:20 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
If Coach Hartley is the coach of the year then I'm the Queen of Spain.

Well between all the coaches out there with the teams they have. He is the only one who has really pushed his team to new limits. He'll get it if they go to the playoffs I garuntee

Old
02-19-2007, 12:41 AM
gamera

Quote:

yeah, i was inspired....that's the toilet in my bathroom at the ottawa downtown marriott (highly reccommend...cool revolving restaurant on top!)

i'm still trying to be optimistic....i didn't FLUSH it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1PWR View Post
Well between all the coaches out there with the teams they have. He is the only one who has really pushed his team to new limits. He'll get it if they go to the playoffs I garuntee
that may be the case, but isn't it to be expected from a team with players like we have? it has amazed me lately how hossa, kovalchuk and kozlov can be on the ice at the same time and NOT SCORE A GOAL (with a man advantage, at that!!)...that seems just contrary to all statistics....

Old
02-19-2007, 05:04 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
yeah, i was inspired....that's the toilet in my bathroom at the ottawa downtown marriott (highly reccommend...cool revolving restaurant on top!)

i'm still trying to be optimistic....i didn't FLUSH it!

that may be the case, but isn't it to be expected from a team with players like we have? it has amazed me lately how hossa, kovalchuk and kozlov can be on the ice at the same time and NOT SCORE A GOAL (with a man advantage, at that!!)...that seems just contrary to all statistics....

Yea, but that is only a new thing that has been going on. Look at the first half of the season, one of the three were scoring on almost every PP. If they pull out 70% in March he'll take the award.