HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 63: Columbus at Chicago | 3/6 8PM EST

Old
03-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
But losing like that, really shows how far behind we are from the elite teams in this league. That is discouraging.
Yeah but it was their 3rd game in 4 nights. Of course they'd be out of energy before the game even started.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 05:49 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis5939 View Post
Didnt we beat the number 1 team in the league 4-2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
yes, I believe it was only their 2nd home loss.

Inconsistency.
Youth.

Old
03-07-2014, 10:47 PM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Guys. Horton is not good.
I'm frustrated with him, but he was a great player as recent as last year. A fair assessment really can't be done until next season, as much as we want it yesterday. He's coming back from a horrific injury that affects every aspect of his game. Hitting, fighting, shooting the puck, etc. I have confidence he will come back strong next year. The hands are there, the legs aren't and he's in his own head about the shoulder, he doesn't trust it 100%.. Unfortunately, we have to give him until next season before piling on.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
I'm frustrated with him, but he was a great player as recent as last year. A fair assessment really can't be done until next season, as much as we want it yesterday. He's coming back from a horrific injury that affects every aspect of his game. Hitting, fighting, shooting the puck, etc. I have confidence he will come back strong next year. The hands are there, the legs aren't and he's in his own head about the shoulder, he doesn't trust it 100%.. Unfortunately, we have to give him until next season before piling on.
We don't often agree, but I do agree on this. As someone who's had a major shoulder injury previously (although nowhere near the extent of Horton's), I can understand completely the almost paralyzing fear that can go along with it even after being cleared. With other injuries, it's something where the pain might intensify and subside. With shoulders, the number of muscles and amount of connective tissue can play games with your mind.

Every time there's stiffness in the shoulder, it's not because there's a tight muscle, it's because a tendon is pulling away. Every time you take a normal motion and feel something the slightest bit off, it must be because the joint is tearing apart. Every time there's a warm feeling, it must be a blood clot; every time there's a pang of pain, it must be a pinched nerve; every time there's a click, it must be the labrum starting to fray; every time there's a pop, it must be a partial dislocation. Just working through that mental aspect is a long process, trumped only by recovery from a concussion.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 11:55 PM
CBJWennberg10
It's Playoff Time

Quote:
As much as he is frustrating me with his poor play and penalties, you are spot on.

CBJWennberg10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 09:18 AM
pete goegan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
As much as he is frustrating me with his poor play and penalties, you are spot on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
We don't often agree, but I do agree on this.
I agree.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:30 AM
EspenK

Regarding Horton, I remember reading from Bruins fans that Horton could be a floater during the regular season but turned into a beast during the playoffs. We need him to be in playoff mode now.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote