HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Ryan Thread II

Old
03-08-2014, 07:53 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan Thread II

Continue here.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Holdurbreathe

Appreciate the data Lethal, I don't believe how MacLean has handled ice time on this team makes sense, IMO Ryan is just the most obvious example.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 09:12 AM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

vCash: 50
MacLean's usage of Ryan only makes sense if Ryan has been playing injured, which is the rumor. I am very frustrated with Ryan's lack of minutes, especially in key games, but I am reserving some of my judgment until after the season is over. At that point the team usually comes clean about which players were playing through injuries.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 09:13 AM
ScottyGreene
The other guys

Weren't there reports of him playing through a nagging injury? I wonder if this could be a reason for his drop in ice-time... It wasn't until mid-January that his TOI started to drop consistently and if I'm not mistaken in his games vs EDM and CAL were his lowest back-to-back TOI totals since he became a Senator. (14.35 & 13.30)

It just doesn't make sense to play your leading goal scorer 13m a game in a pivotal matchup unless there are outside factors playing a part in this.

ScottyGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 09:14 AM
ScottyGreene
The other guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
MacLean's usage of Ryan only makes sense if Ryan has been playing injured, which is the rumor. I am very frustrated with Ryan's lack of minutes, especially in key games, but I am reserving some of my judgment until after the season is over. At that point the team usually comes clean about which players were playing through injuries.
Lol yeah what he said. ^^

Old
03-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

I hope it's a nagging injury...but then again, if it is, why is he angry about icetime?

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
I hope it's a nagging injury...but then again, if it is, why is he angry about icetime?
Because he is intense when it comes to hockey.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 09:54 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

He said in the radio that he's been playing thru an injury that he'd normally have surgery on but it's too important to sit out and as long as he can play, he'll play.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 10:01 AM
ScottyGreene
The other guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
He said in the radio that he's been playing thru an injury that he'd normally have surgery on but it's too important to sit out and as long as he can play, he'll play.
As much as you never want to hear about a player being injured, this being verified is almost relieving.

On another note, injured Bobby Ryan is still better then 90% of our fwd's.

Old
03-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
On Ottawa radio? When?

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 10:09 AM
operasen

Quote:
As soon as we are out he should be shut down. Get his surgery and head to recovery mode.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 10:51 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
On Ottawa radio? When?
They interviewed him on TSN1200 after the Olympic break.

I think a couple of posters said he told them the same thing at the NCIX autograph signing.

Old
03-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Ohhh Franco

Well the guys from 6th Sens are reading this thread and just asked Twitter about this Ryan interview. Mendes replied and is questioning its existence too.

Old
03-08-2014, 11:20 AM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
After the Olympics Ryan didn't come back and practice with the team right away and it was said he had a nagging injury that they were trying to clear up, even if they weren't able to make it 100 percent.
When he first started back he said it(the mystery injury) felt a lot better but you have to wonder now if it has started to bother him again.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:22 AM
topshelfie
No Rispeck

I like that Ryan is playing hurt in some ways but if we don't get some points in the next few games he should probably sit and get ready for next year.

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:49 AM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
I like that Ryan is playing hurt in some ways but if we don't get some points in the next few games he should probably sit and get ready for next year.
I agree. I suspect they will shut him down once we are mathematically eliminated.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Didn't realize Ryan was upset about ice time.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 01:19 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
After the Olympics Ryan didn't come back and practice with the team right away and it was said he had a nagging injury that they were trying to clear up, even if they weren't able to make it 100 percent.
When he first started back he said it(the mystery injury) felt a lot better but you have to wonder now if it has started to bother him again.
I'm positive I heard this too. I'm sure if Mendes and the rest of the useless media actually did their job, wed find out.

But nope, softball questions it is!

Old
03-15-2014, 11:10 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold
Veteran User

There is an interview posted on the NHL site with Ryan, so figured I'd post it here for those interested in a read:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...id=DL|NHL|home

Really would like to get him signed here, but if we can't reach a deal seeing how he's a diehard Flyers fan hopefully we can get something from them.

03-15-2014, 11:28 AM
The Fuhr*

I hope this team re-signs Ryan... Stability in players is nice... Hate the revolving door of players management has been running through... Need stability

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I hope this team re-signs Ryan... Stability in players is nice... Hate the revolving door of players management has been running through... Need stability
So you're comfortable offering him an 8 year extension at $7M per this summer? I don't think the Sens want to go in to next season with him potentially becoming a UFA at seasons end. He's going to command top dollar/term. Can his legs keep up? Will he reeeeeaaallly hit a wall in three years time? Lots of things to consider for an organization that's all about cost per point.

Old
03-15-2014, 11:52 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
So you're comfortable offering him an 8 year extension at $7M per this summer? I don't think the Sens want to go in to next season with him potentially becoming a UFA at seasons end. He's going to command top dollar/term. Can his legs keep up? Will he reeeeeaaallly hit a wall in three years time? Lots of things to consider for an organization that's all about cost per point.
If the Sens are not comfortable with that then why give up Silf, Noesen and a 1st for a guy who is a UFA in two years?

Blows my mind... If your not going to keep Ryan then don't make the move... Silf could have been a great stability piece for this franchise.

Instead we rent Ryan for a year or two and then move him cause we can't re-sign him and begin the process of incorporating new players into the system again... And the treadmill continues

Old
03-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
If the Sens are not comfortable with that then why give up Silf, Noesen and a 1st for a guy who is a UFA in two years?

Blows my mind... If your not going to keep Ryan then don't make the move... Silf could have been a great stability piece for this franchise.

Instead we rent Ryan for a year or two and then move him cause we can't re-sign him and begin the process of incorporating new players into the system again... And the treadmill continues
Maybe it's not that they can't extend him, it's that they don't want to. Make a deal for a high end talent, evaluate and then flip for more high end talent/pieces that are needed and are a better fit. No big deal. He's a 27 year old goal scoring winger (not a great 2nd half of the season - ice cold) who doesn't seem to be the coaches' favourite. Not a 23 year old minute munching, game controlling DMan or 25 year old pocession driving C.

If dealt, I just hope BMurr essentially gets what he gave up, if not more. Who knows? Committing long term to Bobby Ryan scares me. Than again, I'm not privy to he and his agents demands. Maybe he really likes it here and doesn't hold the Sens over a barrel? Or maybe he wants a Kessel ($1M or so less) type contract? It will certainly be a very interesting summer. I just hope he gets hot down the stretch and helps carry the Sens to the Playoffs. What if he remains ice cold? I just don't know what to think of him.

Old
03-16-2014, 06:37 PM
The Fuhr*

Bobby Ryan Discussion

Since Brian Burke hurt his feelings

25GP 4G 10Pts

A player with such a weak mental state should not be a cornerstone player on this team.

Playoff hockey in Canada... The media would destroy him.

Dudes just not cut out for Canadian hockey

Edit: changed title for people

Last edited by The Fuhr*: 03-16-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old
03-16-2014, 06:38 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 750
No wonder Anaheim was willing to trade him. He doesn't perform to match his talent

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote