HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dear Michel Therrien,

Old
03-08-2014, 02:20 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's nonsense. We were one of the best puck possession teams in the league last year.
I guess you came down to that conclusion by looking at stats and such? Stats don't say how shots and time in the offensive zone were had. A good shots attempt differential doesn't mean an incredible control of the puck and a good cycling game. In our case, more often than not, whether people like it or not, we we DID and STILL do get our shots and many opportunities by creating turnovers in the offensive zone, and it very often is the result of hustling and working extra hard to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
addition by subraction = Brian Gionta

Let's be critical of Pleky once he's liberated.
Give me a break. Plekanec has the 4th best scorer of the league since 05-06 on his left side. He should be able to, at least, provide him with plenty of scoring opportunities, no matter who plays on the right wing.

As for Gionta, he's still statistically the best guy we can put on that line stats-wise. Not saying I wouldn't rather Galchenyuk, but Gionta won't prevent Plekanec to find Vanek and create good opportunities if he has the chance.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 02:23 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
addition by subraction = Brian Gionta

Let's be critical of Pleky once he's liberated.
You have it ass backwards. Gionta leaving will only hurt pleks assuming we don't get another tough minutes right winger to replace him. And we don't have any in the organization that can step up to that task. Which UFA do you replace him with?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Well said. Nice to hear other people see things with a little wider lens than #FireTherrien!
Count me in with you guys. Not that I think Therrien is the greatest coach in the world, but the blatant hate and blame for everything that goes wrong is idiotic and, really, is becoming tiresome. I mean if the haters every once in awhile pointed out something positive, then you might take their opinions more seriously (i.e., OK, they have a balanced view of things). Unfortunately, though, it's like a religious zealot that spews the same nonsense all the time - Can you try to be just wee bit objective? I mean, we are third in the East (I know, I know, without Therrien we'd be No. 1 overall).

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't try to find a logical explanation for everything. Sometimes it's just not there.
See Bouillion on the PP...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Oh, yeah... Other players get criticized. Those people actually criticizing those other "more popular" guys on this board get called out more often than not, and are treated like idiots though.

Who dares pronouncing in vain the name of the great Lars Eller here? Or Plekanec for that matter?

Nah. You'll find about 90 complaints about Therrien/Desharnais/Goaltending here for every 100 complaints.

You'd think this team were the '80s Oilers the way people talk about Therrien and the management here. No objectivity whatsoever, just a bunch of obnoxiousness.
Team may not be the 80s Oilers but it should be a hell of a lot better than it is offensively. And that's on the coach.
Quote:
Habs fans are so predictable that, I bet even if Vanek/Plekanec are doing **** all in the next few weeks, people will still find a way to discredit the coach and somehow bring a "rational" explanation on how Therrien screwed it all up, and that it's not that maybe, just maybe, Plekanec isn't the kind of guy who will feed his linemates all that much, and that maybe, once again, Therrien saw it correctly before all of this board, and that it's why he didn't bother loading up his line with offensive weapons anyway.
If players the caliber of Vanek and Plecs can't produce then YES you're damn right MT will take heat for it. If he can't get production out of them then it clearly shows how ****** a coach he is.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 02:34 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
See Bouillion on the PP...

Team may not be the 80s Oilers but it should be a hell of a lot better than it is offensively. And that's on the coach.

If players the caliber of Vanek and Plecs can't produce then YES you're damn right MT will take heat for it. If he can't get production out of them then it clearly shows how ****** a coach he is.
We're better offensively? ok. Let's say I would give you that point. Then can you tell me, are we, on paper, as good defensively as the stats show? Food for thoughts here... If you have any good intentions, you won't say it's all on Price. It isn't. It never is.

As for Vanek, if he's no producing, well I'm sorry, but that shows Plekanec wasn't up to the task. You think Therrien has a repressive enough system to prevent the 4th goal scorer since the 05-06 lockout to produce offensively? I say nobody/nothing can prevent those kinds of players from producing. They always shine at some point, no matter what. And if he doesn't, well it's because of something WAY less abstract than "THE SYSTEM" ltee.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Andy

This is the most talented team the Habs have had since 07. If they feel to produce consistently, I don't see how blame can placed anywhere but the coach. Pretty big coincidence for 20 players to all suck at the same exact time.

The lack of defensive zone and breakout strategies really hamper this team. This is not a player issue but a coaching one. Watching the past few games against the Wings, Ducks, Yotes, Pens and Kings amplified how poor the Canadiens are coached strategy wise. Too much space between the forwards and the D men. No transition strategy outside of the flip dump into the neutral zone and the hail mary pass, both of which concede possession.

Habs have 0 regulations since the olympic break and have conceding 20 goals over that span.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 02:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I guess you came down to that conclusion by looking at stats and such? Stats don't say how shots and time in the offensive zone were had. A good shots attempt differential doesn't mean an incredible control of the puck and a good cycling game. In our case, more often than not, whether people like it or not, we we DID and STILL do get our shots and many opportunities by creating turnovers in the offensive zone, and it very often is the result of hustling and working extra hard to do so.
I'm sorry stats are so difficult for you to understand that you default to your 'stats don't mean anything' defense off the bat. I didn't even mention stats. You can see it all for yourself if you just open your eyes, start up your DVR and watch some games from last year. We were on the puck all the time. Our cycle game and transition were excellent. Even when we lost a few games towards the end with shaky goaltending, we were still usually the better team.

The fact that we had one of the best 5v5 goal scoring rates in the league definitely drives home the theory, but that's far from being some difficult mathematical gymnastic of a concept. It's as simple as they come. Goals scored greater than goals against? Good. Caveman math. Bad puck possession teams very, very rarely do well in that regard. Especially over large samples.

Of course we still get goals form 'working hard' etc. and causing turnovers. Just nowhere near as many. Your argument is as weak as they come. Suivant, next.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
We're better offensively? ok. Let's say I would give you that point. Then can you tell me, are we, on paper, as good defensively as the stats show? Food for thoughts here... If you have any good intentions, you won't say it's all on Price. It isn't. It never is.
We are consistently outshot, outplayed and outchanced. Only thing that hasn't happened is us being outscored and this is in spite of us being at the bottom in 5 on 5 scoring and our PP sinking like a rock.

You'd have a point if we were playing with the puck all the time and just couldn't put the puck in the net but that's not the case. Our goalie has stood on his head for us and stolen games that we didn't deserve to win. And now that he's gone our record is starting to sink (despite us getting points in Pittsburgh and Detroit that we didn't deserve.)
Quote:
As for Vanek, if he's no producing, well I'm sorry, but that shows Plekanec wasn't up to the task. You think Therrien has a repressive enough system to prevent the 4th goal scorer since the 05-06 lockout to produce offensively? I say nobody/nothing can prevent those kinds of players from producing. They always shine at some point, no matter what.
Yeah, Plecs just suddenly forgot how to play hockey...

Again, you might have a point if it was just him... its not. The whole team isn't producing.

It's the coach. And it's very easy to see that it's the coach.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Jigger77

Last year the Habs were in the higher standings for shots for and goals for, they were not quite as good defensively as this year. They had as many, if not more giveaways last year. So improved in some areas and regressed in others.

Therrien has said more than once that you need to score 3 goals a game in the NHL to win. Daigneault actually gives his defensemen an objective of 10 shots per game from the D.

I guess the coaching staff just decided on a whim that they were going to change that this year. Tell them to shoot less, score less. You know what guys, all that stuff about scoring 3 goals a game, and the D guys stop putting pucks on net. Their years and years of experience all of a sudden went out the window and they changed their whole philosophies. Because after all, it can't possibly be that other factors are the cause of the lower shots and scoring. It has to be the coaching staff! I guess that means they were great last year but this year they aren't, because players are robots and don't change their play whatsoever ever.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 02:41 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
We are consistently outshot, outplayed and outchanced. Only thing that hasn't happened is us being outscored and this is in spite of us being at the bottom in 5 on 5 scoring and our PP sinking like a rock.

You'd have a point if we were playing with the puck all the time and just couldn't put the puck in the net but that's not the case. Our goalie has stood on his head for us and stolen games that we didn't deserve to win. And now that he's gone our record is starting to sink (despite us getting points in Pittsburgh and Detroit that we didn't deserve.)

Again, you might have a point if it was just him... its not. The whole team isn't producing.

Once again... goalie and coach.

I'm still waiting to hear how somehow Bergevin has something to do with it too...

Old
03-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Once again... goalie and coach.
That's right.

Not sure why its hard for you to see. There are reams of data that have been posted for you proving this.

Tell us why it isn't.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:45 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
I'm sorry stats are so difficult for you to understand that you default to your 'stats don't mean anything' defense off the bat. I didn't even mention stats. You can see it all for yourself if you just open your eyes, start up your DVR and watch some games from last year. We were on the puck all the time. Our cycle game and transition were excellent. Even when we lost a few games towards the end with shaky goaltending, we were still usually the better team.

The fact that we had one of the best 5v5 goal scoring rates in the league definitely drives home the theory, but that's far from being some difficult mathematical gymnastic of a concept. It's as simple as they come. Goals scored greater than goals against? Good. Caveman math. Bad puck possession teams very, very rarely do well in that regard. Especially over large samples.

Of course we still get goals form 'working hard' etc. and causing turnovers. Just nowhere near as many. Your argument is as weak as they come. Suivant, next.
You highlighted the fact that I said we were not a good possession, cycling team, and you say it's a false as it comes...

... I don't need to pursue any conversation with you past that point...

Old
03-08-2014, 02:50 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
You highlighted the fact that I said we were not a good possession, cycling team, and you say it's a false as it comes...

... I don't need to pursue any conversation with you past that point...
No, you said that we didn't have the personnel to be a good puck possession, cycling whatever you want to call it team. That's completely different. Good players can be employed in stupid ways.

I showed you that yes, we really, really do. Because we did it just last year with THE SAME ROSTER. I guess 90% of the roster just happens to be having worse than career average years. Makes sense.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:55 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Yeah, Gionta, Plekanec, Briere, Eller, Desharnais, Galchenyuk sure are players who showed they were GREAT at maintaining a cycling puck-possession game, right? I never saw Plekanec do anything of the kind at ES for that matter. Neither did I see Gionta. And before you mention Eller, give me a break. The guy is so ****ing idiot he probably notices he doesn't have the puck on his stick 20 seconds late.

Old
03-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:

The problem with this logic is that in the past teams have frequently had great years and then terrible years, all without a change in coaching. I'm not so sure it necessarily follows that it's the coach if the team doesn't do well one year. The claim you know this with utter certainty, given the complexity of trying to figure such a thing out, makes me doubt your sanity. As someone pointed out, there are so many factors to consider. And, honestly, we're not doing that bad, really.

Old
03-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
The problem with this logic is that in the past teams have frequently had great years and then terrible years, all without a change in coaching. I'm not so sure it necessarily follows that it's the coach if the team doesn't do well one year. The claim you know this with utter certainty, given the complexity of trying to figure such a thing out, makes me doubt your sanity. As someone pointed out, there are so many factors to consider. And, honestly, we're not doing that bad, really.
That's basically what I'm trying to say. I'm with you as far as not here trying to claim Therrien is the coach of decades, but the reality of a hockey team in such a competitive league with this much parity is there are a multitude of factors to consider both interior and exterior (as in other teams constantly change and adapt as well).

Blaming everything on the coach all the time and simply closing off one's perspective to any other possible explanation is simplistic, short sighted and not to mention boring for conversation. Like you said earlier, if maybe once in a while they'd give the coaching staff some sort or iota of credit, it would make it more believable and less redundant.

Old
03-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
The problem with this logic is that in the past teams have frequently had great years and then terrible years, all without a change in coaching. I'm not so sure it necessarily follows that it's the coach if the team doesn't do well one year. The claim you know this with utter certainty, given the complexity of trying to figure such a thing out, makes me doubt your sanity. As someone pointed out, there are so many factors to consider.
Sure. Teams can have off years but we went from having one of the best offensive teams in the league to one of the worst.

And its not like we can't see the difference in the systems here. There's zero transition now. How often do we see Subban skate up the ice with the puck only to find nobody out there to feed to? MT has also given one line all the offensive opportunity. And to make matters worse that line (which almost exclusively starts every PP) has been inept on special teams since he made the switch. Ice distribution, systems, calling players out publicly... pretty much everything a coach can do wrong this guy has done. Dump and chase should be dumped and so should Therrien.
Quote:
And, honestly, we're not doing that bad, really.
By what measure - the standings? Sure.

By any other measure though (except goaltending) we're not doing well at all. Offensively its a disgrace. And you can't tell me with a straight face that this team doesn't have the players to be at least middle of the pack offensively 5 on 5. And there's absolutely no way we shouldn't be top 5 on the PP with the back end we have.

That is on the coach.
Quote:
That's basically what I'm trying to say. I'm with you as far as not here trying to claim Therrien is the coach of decades, but the reality of a hockey team in such a competitive league with this much parity is there are a multitude of factors to consider both interior and exterior (as in other teams constantly change and adapt as well).

Blaming everything on the coach all the time and simply closing off one's perspective to any other possible explanation is simplistic, short sighted and not to mention boring for conversation. Like you said earlier, if maybe once in a while they'd give the coaching staff some sort or iota of credit, it would make it more believable and less redundant.
Okay, so if its not the coach what is it? Why has pretty much every player not played as well this year? Why is it that a team that always had the puck last year never has it now? Why are we outplayed so consistently?

Nice to be where we are in the standings but its despite the coach, not because of him and we're starting to see this now that Price is out.

Old
03-08-2014, 03:07 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:

As for Gionta, he's still statistically the best guy we can put on that line stats-wise. Not saying I wouldn't rather Galchenyuk, but Gionta won't prevent Plekanec to find Vanek and create good opportunities if he has the chance.
Gionta is a play killer. He will score his share. He can be clutch. He'll get his noise dirty.

But by and large he's a play killer. Doesn't make the right pass. When he does it's off or too wild. Takes bad shots that hit goalies square in the chest instead of dishing it.

He's just not the player you put on a line with talent.

Replacement? I would try Briere, Gally, Eller, Bourque... Keep the one that produces.

If none of this work I would then consider moving Plekanec and do a Vanek-Gally-Eller/Bourque/Briere line.

Quote:
You have it ass backwards. Gionta leaving will only hurt pleks assuming we don't get another tough minutes right winger to replace him. And we don't have any in the organization that can step up to that task. Which UFA do you replace him with?
See post above.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 03:08 PM
habitue*

Quote:

That says it all... But you know darn well the haters/tunnel vision fans gonna keep going.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Sure. Teams can have off years but we went from having one of the best offensive teams in the league to one of the worst.

And its not like we can't see the difference in the systems here. There's zero transition now. How often do we see Subban skate up the ice with the puck only to find nobody out there to feed to? MT has also given one line all the offensive opportunity. And to make matters worse that line (which almost exclusively starts every PP) has been inept on special teams since he made the switch. Ice distribution, systems, calling players out publicly... pretty much everything a coach can do wrong this guy has done. Dump and chase should be dumped and so should Therrien.

By what measure - the standings? Sure.

By any other measure though (except goaltending) we're not doing well at all. Offensively its a disgrace. And you can't tell me with a straight face that this team doesn't have the players to be at least middle of the pack offensively 5 on 5. And there's absolutely no way we shouldn't be top 5 on the PP with the back end we have.

That is on the coach.
OK, maybe we could be better offensively, but at what expense? Maybe Therrien has tried this and realized, yeah, we can score 5 goals but the other team is going to score 6 to 7. So we need to be more conservative to actually win games. Defense wins championships, as team Canada demonstrated. And you point to last year, but remember the epic collapse. Maybe Therrien learned the style we were playing, once other teams figured it out, wasn't sustainable. Of course, I'm just guessing here. But what I'm saying is that maybe Therrien (and it's not just him, he has a support staff) figured out that we need to play this way to give ourselves the best chance to win. I mean, this is at least plausible isn't it?

And PP and PK stats change, often without rhyme or reason. Plenty of teams go through long stretches like this. And didn't Boston win a cup without scoring a PP goal? My point: there's more to winning games than these stats. And, bottom line, Therrien has been winning. When we're bottom of the league, let's talk. Why blow it up now and create all sorts of instability.

And here's another take on it. Fine, let's say we fire Therrien. What are the chances we actually get someone that is going to do a better job? I mean, statistically speaking, chances are we get someone that screws things up even more. And what about the turmoil and confusion this will cause in the short-term? Things could be a hell of a lot worse.

Old
03-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Jigger77

Quote:

Okay, so if its not the coach what is it? Why has pretty much every player not played as well this year? Why is it that a team that always had the puck last year never has it now? Why are we outplayed so consistently?

Nice to be where we are in the standings but its despite the coach, not because of him and we're starting to see this now that Price is out.
Good question.

Personally I think if anything the players have deviated from the system a little more this year. Each guy is trying to do a bit too much. You look at some of the best teams out there, team Canada being a recent and great example, every guy looks the same, nobody really stands out. You don't have guys giving up the puck because they're trying to gain entry to the zone by themselves, you don't have guys trying to deek out two guys only to lose the puck in the process, guys on D pinch at the right time and don't pinch at the wrong times, shifts are ultra short etc. A good team works like a machine. That's what the Habs looked like last year. With the same coaching staff.

Does that mean the players decided to stop playing? No, they want to do well and win, but they deviated from that pack mentality a bit that makes teams to hard to play against. They need to realize they don't have the individual talent to make those low percentage plays. That's what Therrien meant when he said they're a grinding team. They need to keep it simple. And yes that sometimes means getting pucks in deep and winning battles against defensemen to get it back. Something they did very well last year like Overlords pointed out earlier.

Playing within the system means instead of trying to deek a last man at the end of a shift, you dump the puck in deep and hurry off to a line change. It's a collective mentality and it's perfectly normal that a team deviates from that especially a young team. That's why a healthy mix of young players and vets throughout the lineup is so important. Young players are all piss and vinegar, they can fly out there, they are exuberant, they have tons of energy, they are kids! So they tend to forget about this and try and do too much. You need to have them reigned in and playing within a system that gives the TEAM the best chance to win.

That doesn't mean our team sucks and our players are to blame for everything, it also doesn't mean that sometimes Therrien and his staff never make the wrong decision or lack in adjusting somewhere. It's a team, the team includes the coaching staff, and they have to get back to what they were doing last year as a team.

Old
03-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
OK, maybe we could be better offensively, but at what expense?
At no expense.

We'd be playing with the puck more AND our D would improve. That's it.
Quote:
Maybe Therrien has tried this and realized, yeah, we can score 5 goals but the other team is going to score 6 to 7.
Uh, no.

When you have the puck you're less likely to be scored on. That's why Monctonscout's post was so off the mark. Folks say that Canada played well defensively - well YES this is true. But the reason why is because the play was usually in the other team's zone.

Quote:
So we need to be more conservative to actually win games.
No we don't. We need to have the puck more than we do.

It's like we've completely given up on the idea that you have to score to win. We let other teams dictate the play and try to sit there and block shots. I could understand it if we had no talent, but we do. And we proved it last year.

Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Max, Subban, Markov, Plecs... come on man. Again, not the 80s Oilers but certainly better than bottom of the pack.
Quote:
Defense wins championships, as team Canada demonstrated.
Team Canada demonstrated that puck control wins Championships. See my comments above.
Quote:
And you point to last year, but remember the epic collapse. Maybe Therrien learned the style we were playing, once other teams figured it out, wasn't sustainable. Of course, I'm just guessing here. But what I'm saying is that maybe Therrien (and it's not just him, he has a support staff) figured out that we need to play this way to give ourselves the best chance to win. I mean, this is at least plausible isn't it?
Yes, I remember it well. But we were playing well before that and we were playing reasonably well to start the season as well. There was no compelling reason to change the system.

And look, even if you have a point here it should be evident by now that this change didn't improve us, it hurt us. So even if he felt like experimenting, it should be very clear now that we should change the system back.
Quote:
And PP and PK stats change, often without rhyme or reason. Plenty of teams go through long stretches like this. And didn't Boston win a cup without scoring a PP goal? My point: there's more to winning games than these stats. And, bottom line, Therrien has been winning. When we're bottom of the league, let's talk. Why blow it up now and create all sorts of instability.
Sure. But the PP was fine before he started monkeying with it. Now its the same line starting every PP and we've sunk like a stone. A smart coach would've made adjustments long ago. And how he came up with the idea that Bouillion should be on it at all, let alone giving him huge PP minutes...

Quote:
And here's another take on it. Fine, let's say we fire Therrien. What are the chances we actually get someone that is going to do a better job? I mean, statistically speaking, chances are we get someone that screws things up even more. And what about the turmoil and confusion this will cause in the short-term? Things could be a hell of a lot worse.
I don't see how they could. At worst they stay the same and we keep relying on Price. If nothing else they next guy is unlikely to call out the same guys to the press all the time. Most coaches don't do this because they know better.

Old
03-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
At no expense.

We'd be playing with the puck more AND our D would improve. That's it.

Uh, no.

When you have the puck you're less likely to be scored on. That's why Monctonscout's post was so off the mark. Folks say that Canada played well defensively - well YES this is true. But the reason why is because the play was usually in the other team's zone.

No we don't. We need to have the puck more than we do.

It's like we've completely given up on the idea that you have to score to win. We let other teams dictate the play and try to sit there and block shots. I could understand it if we had no talent, but we do. And we proved it last year.

Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Max, Subban, Markov, Plecs... come on man. Again, not the 80s Oilers but certainly better than bottom of the pack.

Team Canada demonstrated that puck control wins Championships. See my comments above.

Yes, I remember it well. But we were playing well before that and we were playing reasonably well to start the season as well. There was no compelling reason to change the system.

And look, even if you have a point here it should be evident by now that this change didn't improve us, it hurt us. So even if he felt like experimenting, it should be very clear now that we should change the system back.

Sure. But the PP was fine before he started monkeying with it. Now its the same line starting every PP and we've sunk like a stone. A smart coach would've made adjustments long ago. And how he came up with the idea that Bouillion should be on it at all, let alone giving him huge PP minutes...

I don't see how they could. At worst they stay the same and we keep relying on Price. If nothing else they next guy is unlikely to call out the same guys to the press all the time. Most coaches don't do this because they know better.
You make it sound so easy. We just have to play with the puck more and put the PP back to the way it was when it was producing. Voila! Stanley Cup here we come. And most coaches, by the way, are doing a lot worse than Therrien.

Come on now, the guy must be doing something right. You don't think your hatred is coloring your perspective just a wee bit? Try just loving Therrien for a few minutes. Breath and say, "I love Therrien, I love Therrien". Now, as we all know how much emotion can make us see things in a biased way (i.e., make reason the slave of passion"), having gotten rid of some of your hate, I would like to know what things you think Therrien has done well. He must, after all, be doing something right; if he's a complete nincompoop, there's no way we sit 3rd overall in the East. And surely to God if it's as easy as you say, wouldn't someone surrounding Therrien mention something: "Hey, why don't we try playing with the puck more and, uh, put the PP back the way it was when it was producing". Or are they all just idiots?

Old
03-08-2014, 04:52 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Kulemin

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
You make it sound so easy. We just have to play with the puck more and put the PP back to the way it was when it was producing. Voila! Stanley Cup here we come.
I'm not suggesting this is a Stanely Cup calibre roster and nowhere did I suggest it was.

But we shouldn't be at the bottom in terms of offense either. And we shouldn't be getting outplayed every night the way we are and letting our goalies save our ass.
Quote:
And most coaches, by the way, are doing a lot worse than Therrien.
Most coaches don't have a goalie as good as Carey Price.
Quote:
Come on now, the guy must be doing something right.
Tell me what it is.

We're outplayed, outchanced, our younger players are regressing, our Norris winner is called out all the time, near the bottom in scoring, our PP (which should be absolutely awesome) has sunk like a stone, he's playing favorites with lesser players and calling out players in the press.

The ONLY thing going for us is our place in the standings and that's largely due to our goalie.
Quote:
You don't think your hatred is coloring your perspective just a wee bit? Try just loving Therrien for a few minutes. Breath and say, "I love Therrien, I love Therrien". Now, as we all know how much emotion can make us see things in a biased way (i.e., make reason the slave of passion"), having gotten rid of some of your hate, I would like to know what things you think Therrien has done well.
You tell me. What should we praise him for? 'Cause the only thing we have going for us is goaltending and he has nothing to do with that.
Quote:
He must, after all, be doing something right; if he's a complete nincompoop, there's no way we sit 3rd overall in the East. And surely to God if it's as easy as you say, wouldn't someone surrounding Therrien mention something: "Hey, why don't we try playing with the puck more and, uh, put the PP back the way it was when it was producing". Or are they all just idiots?
Why did Bouillion play on the PP? Why does one line get all the PP opps and doesn't produce? Why does he start our supposed shut down defenseman in the offensive zone all the time? YOU explain it because I can't.

We're where we are in the standings because of Vezina caliber goaltending... that's it.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-08-2014 at 05:14 PM.