HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where will Kovalev land?

View Poll Results: Where will Kovalev be playing in 3 weeks?
He is staying here (Montreal) 161 83.85%
Detroit 7 3.65%
Anaheim 0 0%
San Jose 0 0%
Pittsburg 12 6.25%
Chicago 4 2.08%
Colorado 1 0.52%
Columbus 0 0%
St-Louis 1 0.52%
Somewhere else (please let us know where) 6 3.13%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-19-2007, 12:27 PM
  #1
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Where will Kovalev land?

I don't know if Markov or Souray will be traded by the deadline (I am pretty sure Markov will be traded in fact, sadly). Still, I am pretty sure Kovalev is the one who will go first, and fortunately, we will get more than Balej and a 2nd for him.

Where do you think he will land?

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:29 PM
  #2
Mojoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, Qc, Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Will he be back from is injury before the deadline???

If not, why would someone take the risk?

In my opinion, the first to go will be Souray.

Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:31 PM
  #3
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Markov and Kovalev traded by the deadline?

What am I reading here?

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:32 PM
  #4
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,235
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kovalev isn't an UFA, I doubt we get anything for him. Next season at the deadline, maybe.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
  #5
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
Will he be back from is injury before the deadline???

If not, why would someone take the risk?

In my opinion, the first to go will be Souray.
Kovalev decided by himself to take a break. He was "injuried" since Christmas. By reading between the lines, knowing what happened in the locker room before he took that decision and considering is attitude, I think he will leave.

As for UFAs, well the age is getting down now, so there will be several UFAs each year. I expect Gainey to sign Souray before the end of the season and to trade Markov and Kovalev. Both have some value. Anyway, I don't ask you to agree, but history on these boards tells me I am right most of the times.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
  #6
tmc
Registered User
 
tmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I don't know if Markov or Souray will be traded by the deadline (I am pretty sure Markov will be traded in fact, sadly). Still, I am pretty sure Kovalev is the one who will go first, and fortunately, we will get more than Balej and a 2nd for him.

Where do you think he will land?
If he was an UFA after this year you would be right but I don't see any teams taking a chance on him since he's signed for next year at 4.5m

tmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
  #7
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,235
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Kovalev decided by himself to take a break. He was "injuried" since Christmas. By reading between the lines, knowing what happened in the locker room before he took that decision and considering is attitude, I think he will leave.

As for UFAs, well the age is getting down now, so there will be several UFAs each year. I expect Gainey to sign Souray before the end of the season and to trade Markov and Kovalev. Both have some value. Anyway, I don't ask you to agree, but history on these boards tells me I am right most of the times.
No way does Gainey overpay to keep Souray and then dishes Markov off.

First reason: Souray has a higher market value.
Second Reason: Souray gets you a better return
Third reason: Markov is the only defencemen of ours who can pass
Fourth Reason: Markov will be cheaper and kept easier for less and be more effective.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
  #8
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc View Post
If he was an UFA after this year you would be right but I don't see any teams taking a chance on him since he's signed for next year at 4.5m
Well, just imagine we take Mark Bell contract in return... that makes a 2,5M$ Kovalev. We got Samsonov for 3,5M$... don't tell me that 2,5M$ is too much for Kovalev!

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
  #9
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
I don't even want to entertain the thought of trading away Kovalev and still having Samsonov in the line-up.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
  #10
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Kovalev will dominate when he comes back from injury. Point finalle.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
  #11
Maddas*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
I don't even want to entertain the thought of trading away Kovalev and still having Samsonov in the line-up.
Kovalev might be easier to ship out, but I can see your point...

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:42 PM
  #12
Maddas*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Country: Canada
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Russians View Post
Kovalev will dominate when he comes back from injury. Point finalle.
Is that statement backed by anything but wishful thinking?

I'm far from being part of the "We all hate Kovalev" campaign. I just can't see it though...

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:45 PM
  #13
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I don't know if Markov or Souray will be traded by the deadline (I am pretty sure Markov will be traded in fact, sadly). Still, I am pretty sure Kovalev is the one who will go first, and fortunately, we will get more than Balej and a 2nd for him.

Where do you think he will land?

First of all, where is Kovalev land ?

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:46 PM
  #14
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Just remember when we played Ottawa last season and he completely dominated and he was far better in the playoffs. He understands what he can do and what it takes.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:48 PM
  #15
bjac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
I don't know if Markov or Souray will be traded by the deadline (I am pretty sure Markov will be traded in fact, sadly). Still, I am pretty sure Kovalev is the one who will go first, and fortunately, we will get more than Balej and a 2nd for him.

Where do you think he will land?
Do you have link? Or source? Or are you just pulling this all out of your ***... This is how stupid rumours that never happen start...

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:50 PM
  #16
33Roy33
Registered User
 
33Roy33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Corner Brook
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Kovalev Stays!

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:52 PM
  #17
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
Do you have link? Or source? Or are you just pulling this all out of your ***... This is how stupid rumours that never happen start...
Read again: I said <I think> and that's all. And didn't mention <I eard> or <I read>, I said, <I think>. It is an opinion and therefore needs no link or source. By reading carefully, you would have save both of us precious time.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:52 PM
  #18
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
I'd love to see him go to St. Louis for Guerin.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:52 PM
  #19
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,235
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
When's the trade deadline again?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:55 PM
  #20
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,962
vCash: 500
From out in left field... I will say Vancouver (just to see what kind of comments it generates).

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:55 PM
  #21
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
When's the trade deadline again?

In 9 days. And don't ask this because Kovalev is injuried for two weeks please... Theodore was traded while still injuried, and Kovalev's "injury" isn't preventing him from playing since he was said to be "injuried" since Christmas.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:56 PM
  #22
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I'd love to see him go to St. Louis for Guerin.
I think the same. It would help us for this season and in the end, well we have 4,5M$ to spend on someone.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:57 PM
  #23
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,235
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
In 9 days. And don't ask this because Kovalev is injuried for two weeks please... Theodore was traded while still injuried, and Kovalev's "injury" isn't preventing him from playing since he was said to be "injuried" since Christmas.
I just forgot the date, that was all.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:59 PM
  #24
Pax Macioretty
Registered User
 
Pax Macioretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 15,212
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh wouls surely give us there 1st pick in exchange of seeing probably the 2 most talented players together

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 12:59 PM
  #25
bjac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Read again: I said <I think> and that's all. And didn't mention <I eard> or <I read>, I said, <I think>. It is an opinion and therefore needs no link or source. By reading carefully, you would have save both of us precious time.
First of all, you never even used the phrase "I think" in your quote. Secondly, you should change the title of this thread then if its only an opinion.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.