HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Only Post if you agree Fire Tom Now

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2007, 01:46 PM
  #26
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
Henrik and Bleeding...

I'll only say this once since we've had this debate. You can rebut and we'll agree to disagree...in the past, when Orr was in the lineup, this team still experienced players getting roughed up and cheap shotted. Brashear went after Jagr despite Orr being in the lineup. In fact, when he is in the lineup, it's almost like adding fuel to the fire because those tougher guys seem to expect something out of Orr and go forward with being physical. When you have players lke Jagr, Straka, Nylander and a soft defense in the lineup, your players will get roughed up from time to time and dressing an enforcer, in my opinion, would not lessen that. I've just seen too many times with Orr in the lineup that we see the same stuff as we did yesterday.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 02:11 PM
  #27
Believe Me
 
Believe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Yes

FIRE RUIN-NEY NOW!!!!!

Believe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 04:32 PM
  #28
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
"Only post if you agree with me because if you don't you are wrong because I am always right. Also, if you don't agree with me I can't handle any debating so just agree with me or don't post at all."
WWAD only posted that way because i wanted to see who agreed. Second you just show how people are ignorant by making that comment and i will leave it at that.

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:29 PM
  #29
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Gee guess I am right anyone watching the Rangers at the 8 minute mark of the 3rd period hear the announcers say how Renney admitted to making a line up mistake vs the Flyers? LOL this guys is always a day late or a dollar short.


Fire Renney

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 05:58 PM
  #30
blandBob
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFan35 View Post
Just two days ago, everyone here was saying Renney was a genius. ***?
I've been wishing for Renney's firing since last year, and would never be caught saying otherwise. The idea in sports is to try to improve your team. There may have been worse coaches than Renney in the NHL and behind the Rangers bench in the past, big deal, doesn't matter. What matters is that there are, and have been, better coaches available out there, and we should get one of them. I've seen enough from Renney to know I'm right.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 06:10 PM
  #31
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Gee guess I am right anyone watching the Rangers at the 8 minute mark of the 3rd period hear the announcers say how Renney admitted to making a line up mistake vs the Flyers? LOL this guys is always a day late or a dollar short.


Fire Renney
And that's why Renney is not an NHL caliper coach. He makes adjustments a day or two later, and always seems perplexed at the outcome of his dumb decisions. At least this time he admitted he was wrong, but at what expense? A good coach would have had enough sense to insert Orr yesterday, and sit him today, not our Tom.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:11 PM
  #32
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
WWAD only posted that way because i wanted to see who agreed. Second you just show how people are ignorant by making that comment and i will leave it at that.
I think this is a public message board that you or I hold no right to limit others from responding to posts that we create.

It's doesn't take much of a set to say, "here's my thought, if you don't agree with it I don't want to hear what you have to say".

__________________
Fantasy sports betting at FakePuppy - Pick moneylines, over/unders and spreads. Totally free.
abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:28 PM
  #33
polako
Registered User
 
polako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
And that's why Renney is not an NHL caliper coach. He makes adjustments a day or two later, and always seems perplexed at the outcome of his dumb decisions. At least this time he admitted he was wrong, but at what expense? A good coach would have had enough sense to insert Orr yesterday, and sit him today, not our Tom.
First off, I expected to see Colton Orr in the lineup yesterday, and I would agree that it would have been a good move based on the opposition.

But then again, how do you fault a coach for riding a lineup that had dominated its last two games?

It seems too often in here that Renney gets picked on when the team doesn't play well, yet doesn't get praised when the team succeeds.

If the NYR win, it's strictly due to the work of Lundqvist and Jagr. If the NYR lose, it's b/c Renney is a horrible coach. This, my friends, is a raw deal...

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:28 PM
  #34
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,815
vCash: 500
Said this last year, as he had no backup plan, and couldn't bring his team together when things got tough.

Said it this year as he's failed to matchup lines to avoid having checking lines play against Jagr's unit.

Said it after yesterday's disgrace of a game.

He needs to go, but now's not the time. Fire him at the end of the year. The last thing this team needs is a shakeup right now when it's trying to make a playoff push.

This team needs a coach with a clue. Is Pat Quinn available?

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:48 PM
  #35
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Pat Quinn available?
God I would love him in NY

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:14 PM
  #36
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I think this is a public message board that you or I hold no right to limit others from responding to posts that we create.

It's doesn't take much of a set to say, "here's my thought, if you don't agree with it I don't want to hear what you have to say".
not that i'm disagreeing with you but could you be a bigger pansy about it

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:23 PM
  #37
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner
 
B.D. Gallof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Smithtown, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
if you fired Renney, what would you replace him with. Renney sure didn't sign that deadwood on D.


Last edited by B.D. Gallof: 02-18-2007 at 10:36 PM.
B.D. Gallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:25 PM
  #38
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha15 View Post
I'm sorry, but this whole fire Renney thing is just getting beyond ridiculous.


Maybe we can find out if we can have Ron Lowe or John Muckler as coaches again.....
I agree 100%

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
  #39
bleedrngrblue
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fayetteville,N.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'll only say this once since we've had this debate. You can rebut and we'll agree to disagree...in the past, when Orr was in the lineup, this team still experienced players getting roughed up and cheap shotted. Brashear went after Jagr despite Orr being in the lineup. In fact, when he is in the lineup, it's almost like adding fuel to the fire because those tougher guys seem to expect something out of Orr and go forward with being physical. When you have players lke Jagr, Straka, Nylander and a soft defense in the lineup, your players will get roughed up from time to time and dressing an enforcer, in my opinion, would not lessen that. I've just seen too many times with Orr in the lineup that we see the same stuff as we did yesterday.
Fletch......I just think its smarter with him than without him,in that situation, and you keep pointing to Brashear, who is basically one of the toughest guys in the league, he fears no one, I can't be mad at Orr for not keeping him at bay, but with Orr in the lineup, he knows he has a price to pay at some point for running our players, without him, its basically free shots at our best players, that CANNOT happen.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:36 PM
  #40
Aucoin3
Registered User
 
Aucoin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,893
vCash: 500
and hire who?

Aucoin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:56 PM
  #41
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner
 
B.D. Gallof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Smithtown, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
I'm one of those throwbacks who wants the Rangers to make the playoffs and have one of those slobberknockers with the Isles...and even if we lost, we'd be better men for it. Old school.

I do not see one guy out there...even Pat Quinn, who is capable of bringing them to the next level with a GM who isn't exactly running lockstep with the coach. This to me, is the Rangers real problem, not the coach.

To this outsider who has sat at many a Ranger game this yeal, the real issue is Sather's horrendous D choices that have forced Renney to juggle and somehow mesh together Frankensteins into hockey dmen. And you have such good youth on tap...all trying to breakthru the absolute mess of deadweight there now.

What has NOT helped is a bit of a sophmoric slump by Lundquist, that has magnified every defensive misstep rather than covered it from last season. But thats pretty common in 2nd year players. And with Lundquist, who will bounce back, and Montoya also...you have a stellar stability that might resemble Beezer & Richter down the line.

I sincerely hope you guys make it in, with us a bit ahead...and maybe we'll meet for that barnburner in NY. But firing Renney, to me, is just not the answer just yet. Sather, however, is fair game. And I DO NOT think Messier is the answer there. I think he needs to be an assistant first or earn it in the office, not by his own promotional machine of a father. This from a guy, who thinks Gretzkey shouldn't be behind a bench either. Just b/c someones a good player does not mean he runs the show.

just my humble opinion on the subject.

B.D. Gallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 11:01 PM
  #42
bleedrngrblue
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fayetteville,N.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I'm one of those throwbacks who wants the Rangers to make the playoffs and have one of those slobberknockers with the Isles...and even if we lost, we'd be better men for it. Old school.

I do not see one guy out there...even Pat Quinn, who is capable of bringing them to the next level with a GM who isn't exactly running lockstep with the coach. This to me, is the Rangers real problem, not the coach.

To this outsider who has sat at many a Ranger game this yeal, the real issue is Sather's horrendous D choices that have forced Renney to juggle and somehow mesh together Frankensteins into hockey dmen. And you have such good youth on tap...all trying to breakthru the absolute mess of deadweight there now.

What has NOT helped is a bit of a sophmoric slump by Lundquist, that has magnified every defensive misstep rather than covered it from last season. But thats pretty common in 2nd year players. And with Lundquist, who will bounce back, and Montoya also...you have a stellar stability that might resemble Beezer & Richter down the line.

I sincerely hope you guys make it in, with us a bit ahead...and maybe we'll meet for that barnburner in NY. But firing Renney, to me, is just not the answer just yet. Sather, however, is fair game. And I DO NOT think Messier is the answer there. I think he needs to be an assistant first or earn it in the office, not by his own promotional machine of a father. This from a guy, who thinks Gretzkey shouldn't be behind a bench either. Just b/c someones a good player does not mean he runs the show.

just my humble opinion on the subject.
I gotta say you make me wax nostalgic for the old days with the way the 2 teams scratched and clawed for every advantage. Loved your post, and agree wholeheartedly! (except of course I want the Rangers to finish ahead of the Isles!)

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 09:44 AM
  #43
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
if you fired Renney, what would you replace him with. Renney sure didn't sign that deadwood on D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3 View Post
and hire who?
That's exactly the point. It's too easy to say fire Renney. Who are you really replacing him with?

Pat Quinn? Oh God no. What has he ever won?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 03:16 PM
  #44
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
You're right, SBoB...

although personally, I thought Nolan was the guy to start last season, and he's making me pine for him after each Isles game.

I think Edge said it best - Renney's not the guy to take this team to the next level. If the team is healthy, and it's a good team, he can do well. He's not the guy who gets the best out of his players.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 03:19 PM
  #45
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,024
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
although personally, I thought Nolan was the guy to start last season, and he's making me pine for him after each Isles game.

I think Edge said it best - Renney's not the guy to take this team to the next level. If the team is healthy, and it's a good team, he can do well. He's not the guy who gets the best out of his players.
I was intrigued by Nolan as well at the end of the lockout.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.