HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/8/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Boston VS Tampa Bay

Old
03-08-2014, 10:20 PM
TBLightning24
Thank you Jeter!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaddupscrubs View Post
Callahan is growing on me. What did he do besides the contract thing to get so much hate from the Rangers board near the trade.
NY fans, especially Ranger fans are bitter. They are ready to throw the team out after a few losses. I watched tonights game, this was a good Callahan game, but when he gets more PP opportunites and has a great game, you will love the guy. He is far from declining like some of these bitter fans are claiming. He banked in 31 points in 45 games last season, and 54 points in 76 games the season before, that was a little over 2 years ago the 54 point season. A guy does not have a drastic decline when he is still in his 20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
He'll be fine as a $4m player, but remember he's still trying to earn a contract, playing lazy or bad now gives him no leverage later.
Callahan is having a slightly off season, he will normally banks in around 50 points, and has the potential to score close to 60 points, if he can stay healthy. He is not worth 6 million with what the Rangers offered him but he is certainly worth much more than 4 million. He makes over 4 million now. His worth is around 5.5 million now according to TSN.

He had 3 injuries to deal with, did not have a proper training camp, no pre-season and had to find his game several times from coming back. He lost his spot on the PP, and he was starved for points. Now he is on a new team with new coaches, it really has not been his season. Which is why, imo whoever lands Callahan will be in good shape, since he is going to be determined to rebound next season.

TBLightning24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:16 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Amount of games or not, I'm sort of buying that Bishop is at least somewhat gassed.
Some truth

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:34 PM
2015cupwinners

Cooper owes Bishop an apology for playing him 3 games in 4 days when they knew he was injured. Then Yzerman failed to get him a decent backup at the deadline.....

2015cupwinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:08 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014cupwinners View Post
Cooper owes Bishop an apology for playing him 3 games in 4 days when they knew he was injured. Then Yzerman failed to get him a decent backup at the deadline.....
It's Lindback fault that Bishops struggling now? It amazes me how the guy gets so much hate.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Peter Venkman

The team was battling hard out there last night. It was good to see that kind of effort. Boston is just a much better team...period.

Hedman seemed to log some serious ice time in the 3rd.

The team still seems very "young". Boston took away everything on 5v5 but when it opened up to 4v4 we started getting more opportunities.

Peter Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:34 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
It's Lindback fault that Bishops struggling now? It amazes me how the guy gets so much hate.

YOU AMAZE THE ENTIRE BOARD protecting him or trying to. His stats are grotesque to be blunt for a back up NHL GOALTENDER.

18 games. 4 games he has given up 2 or less goals. He has played winnipeg well two times beat florida and nashville and philly one time. TOP LEVEL TEAMS RIGHT THERE LOL. 5-12-1 he has 6 games with over 900 save percentage when you have as many 5 gaa games as under 2? YOU SUCK.

The team plays like a jr hockey club in front of him CAUSE HE HAS LOST THE TEAM.

Yet there is HOSE his hero? WTH give it a break man. He at this time is NOT AN NHL GOALIE not even a back up. Is just the facts. Maybe he gets there shoot maybe he becomes better than bishop in time right now he stunk up the joint you can blame defense or whatever HE LOST THE TEAM THEY HAVE ZERO ZERO ZERO CONFIDENCE IN HIM.

In my life of sports I have never seen someone even one person protect a guy like this not even a relative. I dont get it myself hose I really do not.

He might make it he might one day be an NHL goalie. We have a young team we NEED BETTER. Is that simple I do not care whom we play if they put in LINDBACK I mark up a loss.

I am serious and that sucks but its a bunch of factors and probably the biggest the TEAM HAS NO CONFIDENCE IN THE MAN. I wish we could slip him down till end of year in AHL build his confidence sucks that syracuse is so bad am unsure will help a lot or not lol. I think bringing up Gudlevskis would be a mistake after how he is playing lately also. Bringing up Desjardins? Is just another loss. Would love to get Lindback some major reps though going out to the end of the season see if he can turn it around and become the guy WE NEED.

Right now HE IS NOT THAT GUY.

So I dont hate Lindback MARTY ALMOST LOST THE SEASON FOR US. I look at Lindback the exactly same way. We lost confidence in him. Is that simple and that has to be earned back AND HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE EARNING ANY CONFIDENCE. NOTHING.

So each time Bishop makes one MISTAKE has ONE BAD GAME you can ride that WAGON but is just funny and laughable.

I dont hate Lindback but im a black and white guy. Young team need to have confidence LINDBACK inspires NONE hopefully that changes? I seriously myself doubt it though.

Goalies are tough we will go through this again with others I am sure Nothing personal on Anders he needs a new start.

robertguess2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Kramerica Industries

Montreal lost last night, so at least that went well.

The gulf between Montreal and Detroit (#2-#6 in the Atlantic) is now a scant six points.

Kramerica Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 10:26 AM
HoseEmDown

We should bring in All Montoya who is having first good season in 3 years and who Lindback outperformed prior to this season. How bout Marty Brodeur who's having a sub .900 save % this year. Maybe go for Cam Ward and his stellar numbers. Goalies have down seasons and can bounce back, Bishop wasn't very good last year either. The UFA crop isn't very good so why overpay for a small improvement if any?

Sure he's only had 6 games of over .900% that's not good, he's also played more games on the road then at home. He's got 5 of his loses after the new year when the team was in the toilet and didn't matter who was in net, he's lost to Boston twice, Pittsburgh and San Jose. He's played good competition not just bottom feeders like Florida or Nashville. He played against Ottawa with a bad ankle, kid competes hard just not catching breaks think year. Don't think he's worth giving up just yet.

Old
03-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Kramerica Industries

Bishop has a .922 S% in Ottawa and .917 S% in Tampa. That's "not very good"?

Old
03-09-2014, 11:15 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
Bishop has a .922 S% in Ottawa and .917 S% in Tampa. That's "not very good"?
He was at a 2.99 GAA, his save % was helped by his 45 save shutout in his first game with the team. He was average after that. No one expected this type of season from here if the watched him with us last year.

Old
03-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Kramerica Industries

GAA is a stat that I really couldn't care about. Of course he was going to have a higher GAA; he played for a really crappy team with an awful D corps. I'm saying I expected the caliber of season he has had, per se', but to imply at all that he was pedestrian/mediocre/etc. last year is really underselling his performance.

Old
03-09-2014, 02:20 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Hose as I read I thought spin doctor so now I dub thee the lind doctor.

And yes to answer your question HE LOST THE TEAM. This is a bunch of kids so doesnt matter the price we have to go pay it and get a vet and give him his shot somewhere which is not gonna be here.

Once a goalie loses confidence or his team its not a good thing especially when 99% of the team is under 24 years of age.

As marty said it is what it is. Is not personal but yes we have to be done with Lindback. Hes a bust for now with WHOM we are as a team. Its not even the stats its the team. They look deflated most of the time when hes in net. Bishop lets one up they bounce back lindback whether is on him or the team they DEFLATE like a hot air balloon with a needle poking it.

Lindback might become a great goalie but is not what this team needs. It needs a veteran presence to back up Bishop. Even an aging goalie who can do 20-30 games.

Where we can honestly expect to win. Lindback doesnt have that in him at this time of his youth to be that GUY. I like lindback I think 2-3 years he will maybe be a very good goalie or if he was on a veteran normal team he would have worth.

Tampa? Doesnt and isnt going to work.

Is gonna be others much less goalies. Shoot Vasilevskis will take his spot in 2015-2016 anyway if everything works out. This is why I dont get your fighting this battle at all. Its a losing battle.

Old
03-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Werewolf

Purcell needs to be seated and go the same route we've now taken with Malone - sit him. The second line of Palat/Filp/Callahan is sick...hopefully they stay together.

My opinion bring up Connolly to play on Stamko's Right Wing...honestly couldnt be any worse than having Purcell there and gives us a better upside. I thought the Brown/Johnson/Panik line worked very well and Panik played well - as in he played faster and more physical than we've seen in the past at the NHL level with him.

I like Pyatt and Thompson together...rotate Crombeen/Malone/Purcell there.

BUYOUT PURCELL - he still has two more years in his contract after this year. Malone only has one year on this contract and the cap hit is the same...plus we can play Malone on fourth line while Purcell is lazy and soft. Don't want Purcell anywhere near the team...screw him. Dude is terrible and one of the softest players I've ever seen at the NHL level for a guy his size.

We've lost a lot of games we deserved lately...early in the season we won some games we didn't deserve. We are still in good shape for a playoff spot...we need to start capitalizing on the good games we've been having.

GO BOLTS!!!

Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Yeah, I'm getting ****ing tired of Purcell's perimeter game. Bring puck into zone - stop just inside blue line - try a pass across the ice/get knocked off the puck.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 02:30 PM
robertguess2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
He was at a 2.99 GAA, his save % was helped by his 45 save shutout in his first game with the team. He was average after that. No one expected this type of season from here if the watched him with us last year.
I did I expected him to play well HE DOESNT PANIC when has odd man rushes. He was and is positionally sound. He is very good with his stick and passing.

Those three things that LINDBACK DOES WRONG.

The three things where lindback has issues? Bishop has always shown to me he has that game.

The amazing thing? Lindback really shined in Nashville might say something about that defense for sure

THE PROBLEM IS SIMPLE my friend LINDBACK HAS NOT SPENT ENOUGH TIME BEFORE OR ONCE IN NHL to become what he can become.

That is on NASHVILLE and on the Lightning now. He came over after a few years as a KID in Symnas and came straight to NHL Ben Bishop spent a year ushl or whatever 3 years college and three years AHL.

Lindback has a year and half shl than NOTHING. We are screwing up his development in my opinion and he needs time in AHL to get confidence and work on his game. Or give him to a team that will play him. Cause we are not going to do that.

So if you really like him you would want him to move for his own betterment and future? We dont have a spot for him in AHL next year so he needs to move.

Old
03-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Kramerica Industries

Purcell as a compliance buyout makes no sense to me because there is some team that would be a sucker to acquire him on the basis that he actually has skills. Ryan Malone does absolutely nothing well other than "be a big body". He's useless. Not saying that the Lightning will get much of a return for Purcell, but I have to think there's an actual market, of some kind, out there for him.

Old
03-09-2014, 03:52 PM
angelsil
On Thin Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
BUYOUT PURCELL - he still has two more years in his contract after this year. Malone only has one year on this contract and the cap hit is the same...plus we can play Malone on fourth line while Purcell is lazy and soft.

I'd hope we could find a trade partner for Purcell. Even some future considerations or whatnot. But, yeah, if not then I'd almost prefer to buyout Purcell than Malone for the reasons you note. Also, I think Bugsy probably brings more leadership "intangibles" than Teddy.

angelsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 03:55 PM
DFC

Stamkos doesn't have his top gear back yet, so he needs someone next to him with good creativity. Palat looks like he's found chemistry with Flip, so that leaves Kucherov, unless a demotion is in order. Stamkos/Flip/Palat would probably be overloading a little much, but it would probably dominate.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 03:58 PM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsil View Post
I'd hope we could find a trade partner for Purcell. Even some future considerations or whatnot. But, yeah, if not then I'd almost prefer to buyout Purcell than Malone for the reasons you note. Also, I think Bugsy probably brings more leadership "intangibles" than Teddy.
Teddy has decent value. Not great value (he probably has the lowest value of any 50 point guy in the league), but enough that it would be senseless to buy him out. Malone should probably be bought out just to create some cap room, despite the positives he brings. We could find those same positives in a far cheaper player.

DFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:46 PM
HoseEmDown

Tyler Kennedy got traded for a 2nd round pick, I'm sure we can get that at least for Purcell.

Old
03-09-2014, 07:22 PM
chasespace

Filler-Stamkos-Kucherov would be a good line.

You have a gritty forward with speed and a scoring touch, one of the best forwards in the league, and a player with hands like butter, speed to burn, and the vision of Heimdall.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Yeah, I'm getting ****ing tired of Purcell's perimeter game. Bring puck into zone - stop just inside blue line - try a pass across the ice/get knocked off the puck.

Ah you mean he can't do the "Filppula" properly?

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
Ah you mean he can't do the "Filppula" properly?
Exactly.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote