HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official TOOTIN POWER GDT February 17: NY Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers, 1:00p MSG ‎

Old
02-18-2007, 08:27 AM
JerseyRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Are you kidding me...
C'mon Storm you cannot be honestly defending the crap the Flyers pulled yesterday. The targeted Jagr from the first minute. Fine, hit him when he has the puck, hit him hard and stay on him all nite long. Thats good hockey. No what the Flyers did was hit him late, hit him high and try to end his career. Karma goes a long way. Philly has had their share of career ending or career altering injuries to key players. Maybe its got something to do with the fact that many of their players, through the years, have employed what we saw last nite. Blatent attempts to end players careers.

We get to play you two more times. If I was the coach I'd call up every goon we have in the system, sit Jagr and Prucha and instruct them to make sure that one of Carter, Richards or Gagne does not finish the game without suffering a very, very serious concussion. Sometimes you've got to go back to an eye for an eye. That's the only thing that the *******s in Philly will understand!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:48 AM
peacepipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
C'mon Storm you cannot be honestly defending the crap the Flyers pulled yesterday. The targeted Jagr from the first minute. Fine, hit him when he has the puck, hit him hard and stay on him all nite long. Thats good hockey. No what the Flyers did was hit him late, hit him high and try to end his career. Karma goes a long way. Philly has had their share of career ending or career altering injuries to key players. Maybe its got something to do with the fact that many of their players, through the years, have employed what we saw last nite. Blatent attempts to end players careers.

We get to play you two more times. If I was the coach I'd call up every goon we have in the system, sit Jagr and Prucha and instruct them to make sure that one of Carter, Richards or Gagne does not finish the game without suffering a very, very serious concussion. Sometimes you've got to go back to an eye for an eye. That's the only thing that the *******s in Philly will understand!
i think that would be ashame you would have to sit your captain because no one will stick up for him nor will he defend himself out on the ice. certaintly not a player id like to see lead my team

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 09:17 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
i think that would be ashame you would have to sit your captain because no one will stick up for him nor will he defend himself out on the ice. certaintly not a player id like to see lead my team
First of all pass around whatever you've been smoking in that pipe of yours. Its sure makes you delusional. What did you expect Jagr to do? First of all on two of those hits he was shaken up. Also, should he drop the gloves and go after Fridge?? Great hopefully in the next game after Orr plants an elbow between Carters eyes big Jeff will drop the gloves and go after Colton. Would love to see that happen! The problem with this team starts behind the bench. We've got a coach whose a bigger pacifist then Ghandi. This won't change until Renney is fired!

Old
02-18-2007, 09:49 AM
peacepipe

Quote:
First of all pass around whatever you've been smoking in that pipe of yours. Its sure makes you delusional. What did you expect Jagr to do? First of all on two of those hits he was shaken up. Also, should he drop the gloves and go after Fridge?? Great hopefully in the next game after Orr plants an elbow between Carters eyes big Jeff will drop the gloves and go after Colton. Would love to see that happen! The problem with this team starts behind the bench. We've got a coach whose a bigger pacifist then Ghandi. This won't change until Renney is fired!
i never said he had to fight. but he has got to respond somehow, whether he has to start playing a little physical or take over the game by scoring goals or make plays but he did basically nothing. orr can cheapshot all he wants but the fact is the flyers will respond and i think ranger fans are more disappointed in the way the team responded or didnt respond than how the flyers actually played

Old
02-18-2007, 10:26 AM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
So you're bragging about sucking more...?
sounds like he is

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 10:45 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
i never said he had to fight. but he has got to respond somehow, whether he has to start playing a little physical or take over the game by scoring goals or make plays but he did basically nothing. orr can cheapshot all he wants but the fact is the flyers will respond and i think ranger fans are more disappointed in the way the team responded or didnt respond than how the flyers actually played
While Rangers fans are certainly disappointed by the lack of response from their team we are hardly surprised. What was shocking was that Philly went outta their way to not only take runs at Jagr but went headhunting. Thats as bush league of a dispaly as I've ever seen. Players shoudn't be out there looking to purposely hurt another player. There is no way that some of those runs taken at Jagr yesterday weren't meant to seriously injure him. Hopefully before the season is over someone seriously injures Carter, Richards, Pitkanen or Gagne!

Old
02-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Ol Dirty Boss

Wah wah wah. Both teams took cheap shots, it was a physical, heated game. Cry me a river.

Saying crap like "____ should be seriously injured" is stupid, classless, and is something not even someone on the ice during a game like that would wish for. Boo.

Ol Dirty Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 12:49 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by three second doom View Post
Wah wah wah. Both teams took cheap shots, it was a physical, heated game. Cry me a river.

Saying crap like "____ should be seriously injured" is stupid, classless, and is something not even someone on the ice during a game like that would wish for. Boo.
Right, and what do class acts like Fedoruk and Hatcher think is going to happen when they take a run at a guy with an elbow to the side of the head?? Face it, the Flyers have always been a team that doesn't care how they play the game. Maybe thats why they've had more than their fair share of career ending or career altering injuries and players dying in their prime. I'll say it again. Next time the Rangers play I want to see high elbows to the head of Gagne, Pitkanen, Richards and Carter. If it leads to an injury. GREAT! That seems to be the way the Flyers like it. If you don't want to read this take your South Jersey pathetic butt back to your own boards and keep it there!

Old
02-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Ol Dirty Boss

Haha, ouch. Damn I better do that, I really can't take any more of these insults.

I'd say the same thing to a Flyers fan who says someone should get seriously injured. Once again, classless. Anyway, best of luck to Shanny in recovering. I'll return my "South Jersey pathetic butt" back.

Ol Dirty Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 01:11 PM
peacepipe

Quote:
Right, and what do class acts like Fedoruk and Hatcher think is going to happen when they take a run at a guy with an elbow to the side of the head?? Face it, the Flyers have always been a team that doesn't care how they play the game. Maybe thats why they've had more than their fair share of career ending or career altering injuries and players dying in their prime. I'll say it again. Next time the Rangers play I want to see high elbows to the head of Gagne, Pitkanen, Richards and Carter. If it leads to an injury. GREAT! That seems to be the way the Flyers like it. If you don't want to read this take your South Jersey pathetic butt back to your own boards and keep it there!
i just cant wait until gauthier starts to get his nose dirty next game

Old
02-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
i just cant wait until gauthier starts to get his nose dirty next game
doesn't Fedoruk hate Gauthier (and now life in general)?

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:10 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:

The hit on Jagr by Fedoruk should have been a penalty, but the hit by Hatcher, during the Prucha goal was to the chest and as perfectly clean as can be.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Pock*

Quote:
That makes the Rangers and the fans look very disrespectful. I don't know why you would say an eye for an eye, when there was no real inflicted injuries. Lundqvist got hit by a shot, but I guess that's Philly's fault for that? Ward fought, he hurt his hand a little, that's not Philly's fault he punched at the visor. Malik hurt his arm in a little check, but I guess that's their fault, right? Malik hit the boards awkwardly, clearly not an attempt to injure.

Pock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
The hit on Jagr by Fedoruk should have been a penalty, but the hit by Hatcher, during the Prucha goal was to the chest and as perfectly clean as can be.
it wasn't clean as can be, the rule says you can hit the player immediately after he releases the puck which doesn't decribe what Hatcher did in the slightest.

however, I think that rule is dumb, and the hit was acceptable. what bothered me is that Hatcher left his position to try to hurt Jagr, when Gauthier was already chasing him behind the net. so he gave up a goal in order to hurt Jagr, which summed up the team's objective for the entire game pretty nicely, IMO.

If Philly were in a playoff race, I would have no problem.

Old
02-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pock View Post
That makes the Rangers and the fans look very disrespectful. I don't know why you would say an eye for an eye, when there was no real inflicted injuries. Lundqvist got hit by a shot, but I guess that's Philly's fault for that? Ward fought, he hurt his hand a little, that's not Philly's fault he punched at the visor. Malik hurt his arm in a little check, but I guess that's their fault, right? Malik hit the boards awkwardly, clearly not an attempt to injure.
while I don't agree that someone needs to be injured, I suggest you read his post again.

Old
02-18-2007, 07:32 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
it wasn't clean as can be, the rule says you can hit the player immediately after he releases the puck which doesn't decribe what Hatcher did in the slightest.

however, I think that rule is dumb, and the hit was acceptable. what bothered me is that Hatcher left his position to try to hurt Jagr, when Gauthier was already chasing him behind the net. so he gave up a goal in order to hurt Jagr, which summed up the team's objective for the entire game pretty nicely, IMO.

If Philly were in a playoff race, I would have no problem.
Jagr was on the ice, before the puck hit the back of the net. It wasn't late at all.

Hatcher hit Jagr, that's what he does as a physical/defensive defenseman. Hatcher didn't give up his position at all. He was moving behind the net to go after jagr who had the puck. Jagr made a sweet pass back out the shortside of the net to Prucha.

Hatcher drilled him with a clean hit, with no intent to injure. If Hatcher wanted to take Jagr, he knows how to do so ... see the hit on Roenick, where he elbows him to the jaw. If Hatcher went after Jagr's head instead of his chest, Jagr would have needed a stretcher to leave the ice.

Whether or not a team is or isn't in a playoff race has no bearing on anything. If you have any pride whatsoever as an athlete you play the game hard, whether you're in the playoffs or just playing out the string waiting for the season to end.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Jagr was on the ice, before the puck hit the back of the net. It wasn't late at all.

Hatcher hit Jagr, that's what he does as a physical/defensive defenseman. Hatcher didn't give up his position at all. He was moving behind the net to go after jagr who had the puck. Jagr made a sweet pass back out the shortside of the net to Prucha.
if you have it on tape, I urge you to watch it again.

Old
02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Merlin401

Quote:
What was shocking was that Philly went outta their way to not only take runs at Jagr but went headhunting. Thats as bush league of a dispaly as I've ever seen. Players shoudn't be out there looking to purposely hurt another player.
Quote:
Hopefully before the season is over someone seriously injures Carter, Richards, Pitkanen or Gagne!
Pot... Kettle... Black...

Merlin401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Fletch

John...

on that play, Joe Michiletti went out of his way to say it was a clean hit. To me, it was borderline (penalty), which means I wouldn't call it dirty. He clearly had Jagr lined up before he moved the puck - and then was hit afterwards. I think 5 times of out ten that's a penalty. Joe says refs count to 3 Mississippi to determine if it was a good hit. This was about 2 - but again, that is called half the time.

It definitely was a clean hit - you can only dispute if it was a little late.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Whynks

If Jagr didn't have his head turned admiring his pass and Hatcher checked him when he did, would you guys still call the hit "dirty" and "late?" Didn't think so.

Whynks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whynks View Post
If Jagr didn't have his head turned admiring his pass and Hatcher checked him when he did, would you guys still call the hit "dirty" and "late?" Didn't think so.
he wouldn't have time to "admire" his pass if the hit wasn't late would he?

Old
02-19-2007, 02:24 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:

Sorry, you clearly have our players confused with Darius Kasparitis who, thankfully, never wore a Flyers jersey. Guess what? This is hockey, players get hit. Not one hit/check thrown by a Flyers player was 'a blatant attempt to end someone's career.'

You're in a playoff race, yet you're calling for your best player to sit for two games so you can suit up players who will cause players players to suffer from 'very, very serious concussion(s)' and you're calling us the *******s? Priceless.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 03:59 PM
dedalus

Quote:
The hit on Jagr by Fedoruk should have been a penalty
Ugh! I hope the league never gets so sissified that a hit such as Fedoruk's on Jagr becomes a penalty. Was it mean and borderline? Yes. As mean and borderline as many, many hits that will - justly - put Scott Stevens in the Hall of Fame.

That hit was a thing of beauty.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
WheresBarnaby

51Tyuts, I'll take the GDT over for tomorrow. You have mail.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 06:45 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
Sorry, you clearly have our players confused with Darius Kasparitis who, thankfully, never wore a Flyers jersey. Guess what? This is hockey, players get hit. Not one hit/check thrown by a Flyers player was 'a blatant attempt to end someone's career.'

You're in a playoff race, yet you're calling for your best player to sit for two games so you can suit up players who will cause players players to suffer from 'very, very serious concussion(s)' and you're calling us the *******s? Priceless.

Thats right you've had class acts like Bobby Clark (one of the dirtiest players to ever play) who used his stick like a weapon numerous times (ask Karlamov), you've had Dave Brown who tried to decapitate Sandstrom, you've had The Rat (what else can be said about that), and now you've got winners like Fedoruk, Eager and Hatcher. Yep, all boy scouts.

How can you say that the elbow to Jagr's head wasn't an attempt to injure!! A guy as tall as Jagr you've got to really try to plant an elbow to his head. How many times this season have the Flyers taken runs at Jagr with their elbows high. Atleast 4 or 5 times. What was the intent there??

If the Flyers think its ok to takes runs at Jagrs head I just want my team, and anyone else who happens to play the Flyers, to throw high elbows at the heads of Richards, Gagne, Carter and Pitkanen. Certainly if that works for the Flyers why doesn't it work for the rest of the league???