HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Le CH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
They rig prices I just know it.

They would rather not sell all of their tickets just to maintain an inflated price. You'll never haggle down their prices before at least a period, and even at then they would rather keep the tickets than sell them for cheap.
Not so sure about this statement. Bought 1 ticket in the reds (vs Coyotes just before X-mas) for 60 bucks right before the game started (had time to eat at the Cage)... he was asking $80 at first but since he had a single he didn't think he could get rid of he accepted $60.

Old
01-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Taking the family up to a game in a few weeks...we used to go all the time before we had our kiddo who is 7 years old now. He's a picky eater....

We are staying at the Marriott Chateau Champlain.

We are looking for a good place to eat and we have narrowed it down to Reubens which is close..but the kiddo wont eat anything on the menu...hes a McDs chicken nuggets and pizza type of kid. Loves Spaghetti as well. And or Bar-B Barn (he loves chicken and I've always wanted to go there as a kid watching those cheesy commercials). Are we making a good choice or should we be looking for something else? Thanks!
You could take him to Les 3 Brasseurs which is pretty close to your hotel. They serve a lot of different foods there.

Can't really think of anything else right now.. St-Hubert maybe?

Old
01-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
You could take him to Les 3 Brasseurs which is pretty close to your hotel. They serve a lot of different foods there.

Can't really think of anything else right now.. St-Hubert maybe?
Wife and I went there a few times now that you mention it...I always can't find it without walking forever..but that's usually before the games. So which one is closest to our hotel?!?

And thanks for the help...

Old
01-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
Wife and I went there a few times now that you mention it...I always can't find it without walking forever..but that's usually before the games. So which one is closest to our hotel?!?

And thanks for the help...
http://goo.gl/maps/BpyRI

There's actually two locations in downtown Montreal and your hotel is located between the two. It's about a 10 minute walk to either one. (A&C are 3Brasseurs and B is your hotel).

The St-Hubert is literally right next to the Bell Center. There is also a Cage Aux Sports inside the Bell Center.

If you plan on going to 3Brasseurs or Cage Aux Sports on a Habs game night, you will have to get there a bit earlier since they usually are packed (especially on Saturday night games).

Old
01-20-2014, 02:27 AM
Maliki2

Quote:

There's actually two locations in downtown Montreal and your hotel is located between the two. It's about a 10 minute walk to either one. (A&C are 3Brasseurs and B is your hotel).

The St-Hubert is literally right next to the Bell Center. There is also a Cage Aux Sports inside the Bell Center.

If you plan on going to 3Brasseurs or Cage Aux Sports on a Habs game night, you will have to get there a bit earlier since they usually are packed (especially on Saturday night games).
Thanks...that helped alot!

Old
01-21-2014, 05:45 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

Just curious, Madisons Steakhouse right across from the Bell Centre...any good?

Old
01-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Just curious, Madisons Steakhouse right across from the Bell Centre...any good?
Never been but it looks like your typical American steakhouse.

Old
01-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Maliki2

Still figuring out where to take the kiddo and his picky eating habits....any decent pizza joints in that area as well?!?

Old
02-07-2014, 02:34 PM
MemphisMTLfan

I will be in Montreal for about a month by myself in April and thankfully this thread has given me some ideas of things that I can do and see while I'm there! I also plan on attending the April 10th game vs the Islanders. I'll be in the nosebleeds (Molson Zone) but I hear it's a loud, fun time! This will be my first time traveling out of the states and what better place than Montreal--a city I have dreamed about for years! Many thanks to the OP!

Old
02-08-2014, 09:17 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisMTLfan View Post
I will be in Montreal for about a month by myself in April and thankfully this thread has given me some ideas of things that I can do and see while I'm there! I also plan on attending the April 10th game vs the Islanders. I'll be in the nosebleeds (Molson Zone) but I hear it's a loud, fun time! This will be my first time traveling out of the states and what better place than Montreal--a city I have dreamed about for years! Many thanks to the OP!
You will have a great time!! Lots to do downtown, and at least in April you can walk around and discover a few things, unlike in February when it's freezing cold....enjoy!!

Old
02-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Still figuring out where to take the kiddo and his picky eating habits....any decent pizza joints in that area as well?!?
dozens

Old
02-09-2014, 06:19 AM
didouche
#FireBergevin

Added these locations that I found and feel in love with recently in the Jean Talon market area: Best Cappuccino in town Cafe San Simeon (Cash only). If you want some of the best bread in the city, go to Joe la croûte

Old
02-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Jaded-Fan

Thank's to the OP for this thread, I will be reading it in it's entirety.

Going to Montreal April 5-13 with the girlfriend. We have always wanted to go, and finally are getting the chance.

The lists of things to do is quite extensive, but I would like to catch at least one of the Pens' games while there. They do not play a Canadian team that week until the day we leave. So my question is whether there is a Penguins' bar in Montreal, or at least a bar that will show the Pens' game.

We will be staying We are staying at Sofitel Hotel ( http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-3646...le/index.shtml ) right across from Mont Royal Park, next to McGill University, and will not have a car, so something in that area would be good.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Old
02-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Jaded-Fan

As an aside, I found a deal on one of the restaurants that the OP recommended, Beaver Hall (it looks like that is the less formal offshoot or Europea, the Restaurant which Tripadviser has as the number one in their rankings in Montreal http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...al_Quebec.html ).

Three course dinner for two with wine for $85 if you have a Costco membership.

http://www.costco.ca/Dine-for-Two-at....10349445.html

Considering that Europea's tasting menu is $109 a person without wine, looks like a good way to get some points from your significant other when there. You make her happy she makes you happy later.

Old
02-26-2014, 01:26 PM
nfs5217

I'm going straight towards the poutine when I visit next.. Love that stuff!

Old
02-26-2014, 02:43 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs5217 View Post
I'm going straight towards the poutine when I visit next.. Love that stuff!
In case you have never went there, THIS:

http://labanquise.com/en/

Old
02-26-2014, 06:04 PM
nfs5217

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASPHEMOUS View Post
In case you have never went there, THIS:

http://labanquise.com/en/
Which poutine would you recommend?

Old
02-26-2014, 06:30 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

Quote:
Which poutine would you recommend?
Oh boy, that is the million dollar question.

I generally always start with the original whenever I try something new, gives you a sense of what the rest is like. As a lover of Smoked Meat, I tend to order L'Obelix. 3 Amigos is pretty good if you love sausage, I'm more or less on that one but a few of my friends order that one whenever we happen to drive into Montreal.

Generally speaking, take whatever toppings you find to be most delicious. There is a place in Sherbrooke known as Le Snack that also makes good poutines, but La Banquise is still #1 for me.

Old
02-26-2014, 07:16 PM
nfs5217

Oh man, I used to live in Sherbrooke for grades 3 and 4. Too bad I was too young to visit stores by myself.

Old
02-26-2014, 09:43 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
LEBBRRRAAAWWNNNNN

Quote:
Oh man, I used to live in Sherbrooke for grades 3 and 4. Too bad I was too young to visit stores by myself.
To be fair, you didn't miss much. I've gotten used to it during my tour of university, but there isn't much to do aside from the carrefour de l'estrie. Otherwise it's merely a town.....with some decent food options here and there.

Which reminds me, another thing I'd check out while in Montreal is Dic Ann's. Whenever I go to Montreal I always make a point of stopping there, the burgers are tiny but are full of flavor.

Old
03-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Lady Macbeth
La Reine des Neiges

vCash: 444
If the money lines up right, I'm seriously considering coming either this June or next to the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.

Anyone ever been to it before? What's it like?

Old
03-09-2014, 11:13 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose Everdeen View Post
If the money lines up right, I'm seriously considering coming either this June or next to the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.

Anyone ever been to it before? What's it like?
Went once with my dad. Great vibe if the weather cooperates. Great event to go to, walk around Parc Jean Drapeau, watch the race(s). I loved it, but it really all depends on the weather.

Old
03-09-2014, 01:42 PM
JPGoHabsGo

Going to Montreal for 4 days in the beginning of may.

Can anyone give me some good ideas on what to do? Ive been a few times but need to know where to take my friends, their kinda picky.

I figured

Fairmount Bagel, Schwartz', eaton centre, Old montreal, Plateau, Crescent Street

Whats the best place for poutine?

Old
03-09-2014, 02:55 PM
MemphisMTLfan

I have turned my Montreal trip into a Montreal and Quebec City trip but I want to add one more place for the tail end of my trip. Right now I'm looking at Trois-Rivières, Saguenay, or Gatineau.

I'm coming during the low season (April 8 - May 5) so I wonder if it is worth it to add on another city or just stick with finishing my trip in Montreal? It looks like there isn't much to do tourism wise in Saguenay or Trois-Rivières before June. I'm leaning more towards Gatineau for the tail end of my trip, May 1-5, since I'm really interested in Gatineau Park. Any suggestions?

Old
03-09-2014, 06:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGoHabsGo View Post
Going to Montreal for 4 days in the beginning of may.

Can anyone give me some good ideas on what to do? Ive been a few times but need to know where to take my friends, their kinda picky.

I figured

Fairmount Bagel, Schwartz', eaton centre, Old montreal, Plateau, Crescent Street

Whats the best place for poutine?
As mentioned, like 5 posts above yours..., La Banquise.

Closed Thread